Page 16 of 176 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I always felt that there should only be one symbiote: Venom. After Eddy Brock's defeat by Peter in ASM #317, the symbiote should have moved on to another host: Sabretooth.

Now that WOULD be interesting, but only for one arc, or a What If type of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I always felt that there should only be one symbiote: Venom. After Eddy Brock's defeat by Peter in ASM #317, the symbiote should have moved on to another host: Sabretooth.

As Spider-Man did not fight Sabertooth in that issue, it may be one of the most disappointing Spider-Man covers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Post Mysterio: Master of Mischief

I like CRuby28's comment about Mysterio from Page 1 of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CRuby28 View Post
    Mysterio is a far greater potential Spider-Man arch-enemy. His costume is the best of the early bad guys and still holds up today. Everything Ock and Goblin has done to Spidey would have been better if Mysterio was the evil mind controlling mastermind.

Mysterio is an under-used Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) super-villain, and he is arguably odder and more menacing than Doctor Octopus or even the Green Goblin.

If you think about it, Mysterio is a villain who believes that literally surprising people with strange and unexpected death-traps and disorienting gadgets reveals something peculiar but true about the uncertainties associated with anticipating trouble. Any meteorologist or seismologist will tell you that predicting cataclysmic Earth storms or earthquakes always involves the confession of unpredictability and uncertainty; Mysterio seems to find such realities rather funny and even warranting of mayhem-motivational mischief.

Our modern Internet-catalyzed business world (i.e., eTrade) is perceptibly (if not significantly) undermined by the interfering activities of computer hackers who take advantage of the unavoidable algorithmic redundancies and uncertainties associated with computing network layering.

Mysterio is like a sanity hacker in Spidey's universe.

I'd like to see more films and comic book storyboards devoted to the eeriness of Mysterio and perhaps some writers willing to cast the haunting super-villain as perhaps Spider-Man's most unpredictable nemesis.

Mysterio

There are too many people running around, even in the 616 universe especially counting symbiotes, with spider related powers. These characters are starting to feel redundant because of their sheer number, Cindy Moon aka Silk I'm looking at you.

Silk is the one that doesn't feel redundant because of her past locked in a bunker there is so much possibility for her

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Silk is the one that doesn't feel redundant because of her past locked in a bunker there is so much possibility for her
    Opinions will differ, I think there are too many period. Plus her origins kind of feel like a retcon to me. It seems unlikely Spidey wouldn't have discovered her before now, bunker or no bunker.

He had no reason to even look or know about her until the watcher eye showed him. My question is how long was it between when she was bitten and put in the bunker

He had no reason to even look or know about her until the watcher eye showed him. My question is how long was it between when she was bitten and put in the bunker
    Good question, I think it was fairly soon after her changes. Poor girl probably spent a decade or more in there.

I also kind of wonder why none of Spidey's foes, the savvy ones like Ock, Norman, or Kingsley, discovered her existence and used her against Peter? She'd have made a heck of a living weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good question, I think it was fairly soon after her changes. Poor girl probably spent a decade or more in there.

I also kind of wonder why none of Spidey's foes, the savvy ones like Ock, Norman, or Kingsley, discovered her existence and used her against Peter? She'd have made a heck of a living weapon.
    Only one of them knew Spider-Man's identity, and I don't believe he was familiar with the origin. They also wouldn't know to look for her.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

ASM 1 & 2 are top-notch films.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Only one of them knew Spider-Man's identity, and I don't believe he was familiar with the origin. They also wouldn't know to look for her.
    Couldn't they have done some research? I know I would have especially with the resources several of his top foes possessed. It wouldn't prove that hard learning what companies in and around the greater NYC area did research involving genetic manipulations, then working backwards looking for any unusual activities that roughly lined up with the time of Spidey's first appearance but I digress.

were Peter and Cindy class mates

were Peter and Cindy class mates
    I know she was a high school student at the time. I don't think they ever made it clear if Cindy and Peter were classmates, came from the same school, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Couldn't they have done some research? I know I would have especially with the resources several of his top foes possessed. It wouldn't prove that hard learning what companies in and around the greater NYC area did research involving genetic manipulations, then working backwards looking for any unusual activities that roughly lined up with the time of Spidey's first appearance but I digress.
    The comics still have a radioactive spider. There was no genetic manipulation involved.

Also, they don't know what Peter's origin is. He might be an alien, a mutant, an inhuman or part of a mystical spider-worshipping cult.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"With great power comes great responsibility" is bullshit. if Doc doom or red skull said it, it will mean something evil