Page 169 of 176 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Exactly. Peter is already in that middleground, but that doesn’t mean that people will actually like it.
    He's been on the middle ground for most of his existence and adaptations, so I think that is liked enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Although I would've skipped Eddie for Flash Thompson. I never became a fan of Venom till Flash's era. He had the stronger setup for a spinoff than Eddie did. However the new run by Ewing and Ram V I'd promising so I'm hoping the movies pull from it.
    That wouldn't work 'cause Flash is already in the MCU.

Spider-Gwen's novelty wears off faster than Miles or Silk. She would've been better as Gwen's younger sister or cousin.
    A cousin or sister who inexplicably is identical to Gwen? So what, Jill Stacy 2.0?

Although Jill never looked that much like Gwen anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I'm fine with Peter having Ned as a friend. It's more his reliance on Tony I didn't like.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm fine with Peter having Ned as a friend. It's more his reliance on Tony I didn't like.
    His reliance on Tony is a result of being in the MCU. They can’t justify his existence without connecting him to the MCU’s meta plot.

Honestly the biggest problem with Ned is how he's a Ganke ripoff, making Spidey practically steal one of Miles' characters.

His reliance on Tony is a result of being in the MCU. They can’t justify his existence without connecting him to the MCU’s meta plot.
    They could do that without making him into Stark's boy toy who worships the ground Stark walks on.

The symbiotes are more used as monsters of the week rather than important villains. It’s telling that we didn’t even know their species name until recently.

There are were weirdly no greater questions around them: where they came from, why they bond with people, how intelligent were they….

They really only existed to give random people superpowers.
    And yet... there's like a dozen of them.

Yeah but they could do it in a way that doesn't turn him into Robin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He's been on the middle ground for most of his existence and adaptations, so I think that is liked enough.

That wouldn't work 'cause Flash is already in the MCU.

A cousin or sister who inexplicably is identical to Gwen? So what, Jill Stacy 2.0?

Although Jill never looked that much like Gwen anyways...
    it's just a preference for either character. I thought Flash was stronger and Alt Gwen became more limited than interesting.

Honestly the biggest problem with Ned is how he's a Ganke ripoff, making Spidey practically steal one of Miles' characters.
    I know and you could change it. Ned was a reporter so having Peter help Ned get a job as a reporter is an interesting way to use him and the Bugle.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I know and you could change it. Ned was a reporter so having Peter help Ned get a job as a reporter is an interesting way to use him and the Bugle.
    If they do that, it could be decent (Although it's not like Ned being more like his comic is necessarily an improvement), but it's bad he was a Ganke ripoff from the start anyways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    How many of them are actually important?

How many of them are actually important?
    Probably just Carnage.

All-New Member

They could do that without making him into Stark's boy toy who worships the ground Stark walks on.
    What’s wrong with him respecting tony stark?
    It’s not like he does whatever Tony says, he still operates according to his own morals, responsibility and desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman2 View Post
    What’s wrong with him respecting tony stark?
    It’s not like he does whatever Tony says, he still operates according to his own morals, responsibility and desires.
    The idea is fine but he became more like Robin than an independent hero like how he started out. It didn't help that both of his movies are dependent on Tony's legacy.

The execution could've been better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2023 at 09:39 AM.

All-New Member

The idea is fine but he became more like Robin than an independent hero like how he started out. It didn't help that both of his movies are dependent on Tony's legacy.

The execution could've been better.
    It could’ve been better , but I’m not seeing how just getting stark tech makes him like a Robin.
    Maybe I’m just taking you too literally, he starts out completely independent, tony makes him a suit based on the one he already made himself, tony leaves peter to his own devices, effectively independent. More independent than Robin at least since Robin is personally trained by Batman and works almost exclusively with him

Tony’s legacy is a big part but really only in the second movie. Since the world needs a new number 1 hero. Someone that people can rely on. And it could’ve and would’ve been anyone if they were qualified.

Its more of an all might thing than Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman2 View Post
    It could’ve been better , but I’m not seeing how just getting stark tech makes him like a Robin.
    Maybe I’m just taking you too literally, he starts out completely independent, tony makes him a suit based on the one he already made himself, tony leaves peter to his own devices, effectively independent. More independent than Robin at least since Robin is personally trained by Batman and works almost exclusively with him

Tony’s legacy is a big part but really only in the second movie. Since the world needs a new number 1 hero. Someone that people can rely on. And it could’ve and would’ve been anyone if they were qualified.

Its more of an all might thing than Batman and Robin.
    It's a more of a vibe Holland gives off in his performances. I expect him to say Holy Moly Iron Man at one point. I'm not fond if his take tho so it could just be me. By CW I was bored of Peter and the MCU as a whole so I just started to tune out.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2023 at 10:04 AM.

All-New Member

It's a more of a vibe Holland gives off in his performances. I expect him to say Holy Moly Iron Man at one point. I'm not fond if his take tho so it could just be me. By CW I was bored of Peter and the MCU as a whole so I just started to tune out.
    Yeah, I never got that vibe
    But to be fair he did say “holy sh-t” so that’s something.

Astonishing Member

I despise when people say that Harry was redeemed in the end Spectacular #200. The fact that the happy ending requires him to be dead is proof of how shallow his supposed redemption is.