Page 170 of 176 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2633

Quote Originally Posted by Kman2 View Post
    What’s wrong with him respecting tony stark?
    It’s not like he does whatever Tony says, he still operates according to his own morals, responsibility and desires.
    I just don't like how he treats Stark like this guy who can do no wrong when he's being an uncaring, pompous jackass lol.

It's even more annoying to make Spidey to be so dependent on Stark when part of the point of Spidey is to be his own thing, but I can find that more understandable given that he's a new hero in a world where heroes exist for years, but I still don't like the way Stark is worshiped.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I just don't like how he treats Stark like this guy who can do no wrong when he's being an uncaring, pompous jackass lol.

It's even more annoying to make Spidey to be so dependent on Stark when part of the point of Spidey is to be his own thing, but I can find that more understandable given that he's a new hero in a world where heroes exist for years, but I still don't like the way Stark is worshiped.
    Arguably, the whole point of the first movie was that he was gradually losing respect for Stark since he gave him a taste of power but wouldn’t let him have more.

He only started to respect him again at the end.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think Ben's Spider-Man Beyond costume is way better than the original Spider-Man costume.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I think the point of the first film to some extent is that Peter is learning that Tony is just a bit flawed. Really, all three MCU Spider-man movies happen because either Tony or Stephen does something arrogant and irresponsible that they didn't actually think through. (Respectively: rope Peter into the Avengers and then leave him hanging; give Peter an incredibly powerful weapon with no real instructions; go straight to trying to make everyone forget Peter's identity and then blame Peter for not thinking through the consequences).
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

we still talking about mcu tony stark?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Arguably, the whole point of the first movie was that he was gradually losing respect for Stark since he gave him a taste of power but wouldn’t let him have more.

He only started to respect him again at the end.
    Considering that at the end of the movie he thought the whole reveal Stark was trying to do at the end was a test, and he still gets to keep the toys gave him, sounds like he still wants the guy's approval lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    I think the point of the first film to some extent is that Peter is learning that Tony is just a bit flawed. Really, all three MCU Spider-man movies happen because either Tony or Stephen does something arrogant and irresponsible that they didn't actually think through.
    The thing is that Stark is just a jerk for most of the first movie and I'm supposed to think Spidey having his approval is a good thing.

Guy constantly ignores Spidey and so does Happy, and Stark didn't really learn to trust Spidey lol.

By default I don't really like relationships like this, but making Spidey be such a Stark fanboy? Urgh...

(Respectively: rope Peter into the Avengers and then leave him hanging; give Peter an incredibly powerful weapon with no real instructions; go straight to trying to make everyone forget Peter's identity and then blame Peter for not thinking through the consequences).
    I mean, I'll say Spidey Home 3 is Spidey's fault lol.

His immediate idea on what to do is to make everyone forget, but then it's about making everyone except Michelle forgetting, then everyone except aunt May, then everyone except Ned...

He just didn't think it through at all, and Strange kept telling him to stop fucking interrupting, which Spidey didn't... And then it turns out that Spidey never even tried to talk with college's higher ups before trying a magic spell... Yeah.

The worst thing Strange does is leave it to Spidey to capture everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    we still talking about mcu tony stark?
    Yes.

All-New Member

Considering that at the end of the movie he thought the whole reveal Stark was trying to do at the end was a test, and he still gets to keep the toys gave him, sounds like he still wants the guy's approval lol.

The thing is that Stark is just a jerk for most of the first movie and I'm supposed to think Spidey having his approval is a good thing.

Guy constantly ignores Spidey and so does Happy, and Stark didn't really learn to trust Spidey lol.

By default I don't really like relationships like this, but making Spidey be such a Stark fanboy? Urgh...

I mean, I'll say Spidey Home 3 is Spidey's fault lol.

His immediate idea on what to do is to make everyone forget, but then it's about making everyone except Michelle forgetting, then everyone except aunt May, then everyone except Ned...

He just didn't think it through at all, and Strange kept telling him to stop fucking interrupting, which Spidey didn't... And then it turns out that Spidey never even tried to talk with college's higher ups before trying a magic spell... Yeah.

The worst thing Strange does is leave it to Spidey to capture everyone else.

Yes.
    The thing is, tony not showing he cares does make Peter question him and he does end up throwing it back in his face. He’s just proven wrong because Tony does care.
    He’s even been keeping up with peters extra curricular and listening to his hero reports.

Happy was a dick, but he did change how he thought about peter at the end, and became a good ally.

No way home was both peter and stranges fault. Strange for not explaining how the spell worked and peters for not honoring it through and panicking mid spell.

He definitely still looks up to stark by the end. But he genuinely rejected the avengers status because he was cool with just being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

I think the only thing that didn’t work for me about there relationship was the “I’m nothing without this suit” to this day I’m not sure what inspired that line of thinking from peter. It

He definitely still looks up to stark by the end. But he genuinely rejected the avengers status because he was cool with just being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
    Never understood that with spidey. Especially when they play up the "great responsibility" angle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Never understood that with spidey. Especially when they play up the "great responsibility" angle.
    It means that if he has less power, then he has less responsibility. That’s why he turned Tony down. Gotta keep himself small.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It means that if he has less power, then he has less responsibility. That’s why he turned Tony down. Gotta keep himself small.
    You get so caught up in the big threats and living cut off from the normal people, you can miss a lot. That's what it means to be a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

It's not a matter of less responsibility, but focus. And it doesn't prevent him from still getting involved in stuff like Infinity War/Endgame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You get so caught up in the big threats and living cut off from the normal people, you can miss a lot. That's what it means to be a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

It's not a matter of less responsibility, but focus. And it doesn't prevent him from still getting involved in stuff like Infinity War/Endgame.
    You’re completely right, and that’s what the movie was arguing.

The issue is that it can come off Peter trying to keep his hands clean rather than risk failing something hard.

I only watched the first MCU SPider-Man movie so I won't talk about the other two but it truly sucks. Spidey is dumb. Too dependant in being a licker of Iron Man. The only good thing in the movie is Michael Keaton as the Vulture.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-23-2023 at 01:58 PM. Reason: *sigh*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    I only watched the first MCU SPider-Man movie so I won't talk about the other two but it truly sucks. Spidey is dumb. Too dependant in being a licker of Iron Man. The only good thing in the movie is Michael Keaton as the Vulture.
    Vulture honestly didn’t wow me. The only thing good was his suit.

I understand. People have different likes.

And yes, the suit was good.

The thing is, tony not showing he cares does make Peter question him and he does end up throwing it back in his face. He’s just proven wrong because Tony does care.
    He’s even been keeping up with peters extra curricular and listening to his hero reports.
    That doesn't excuse his neglect or attitude.

No way home was both peter and stranges fault. Strange for not explaining how the spell worked and peters for not honoring it through and panicking mid spell.
    The spell was "Make everyone forget", Spidey only really understood this mid-spell lol.

Though I did make it sound like it's too much of Spidey's fault, I still think it's mostly his fault, but, Strange should've told Spidey to think about it more before actually going for it.

And then he wondered if rejecting Stark was part of a test, so he really still wants Stark's approval lol.

I think the only thing that didn’t work for me about there relationship was the “I’m nothing without this suit” to this day I’m not sure what inspired that line of thinking from peter. It
    I had forgotten about this, and that's ridiculous...

It would make more sense if he was another character with no powers (Like say, if he was like Terry from Batman Beyond), but all the suit does is give him some convenient gadgets, he still has mostly the usual Spidey powers, and he still has the webs even without the suit too...

He's, deeper than the usual Vulture at least, since Vulture is usually just a crook and not much else.