Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2639
    Fantastic Member

I think I have one.
    Spider-man books should, by and large, not be comedies. They should contain funny lines sure, but the comedy should take a biiiiiiig backseat to the drama and the action.

If it weren't for the highly mocked "Cyclops is Mutant Hitler" meme from the Inhumans vs. X-Men era, the "What Did Peter Do?" story would be the worst damn mystery box arc in the history of Marvel. (I actually think it's an even worse arc.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-17-2023 at 09:45 PM.

BANNED

The newspaper strip is leaps and bounds better than the ASM comic at some points.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    The newspaper strip is leaps and bounds better than the ASM comic at some points.
    Facts.

--

The Clone Saga was really good and doesn't deserve all of the hatred it gets.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spider-Boy should have been Peter and MJ son in the current MU along side spider girl. It would have been a totally unique space for spider-man. and if he was 23 or so when he got married he would have been 41 at the max now if May was 17 and the second kid was much younger. We all know 40 is barely anything in age now and for a super hero 40 is like the new 20.

and that's if there were no time shenanigans mixed in, which with mayday time and magic could have easily played a part so realistically peter wouldn't be a day over 35.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Facts.
    --
    Hmm... thinking at DBZ... Clone Saga was like Cell saga in that it REALLY changed things. But, also, both events added so many things to the setting you CAN'T undo it without breaking the setting.

In the case of DBZ... Toriyama-sama was in fact planning to write Gohan as the main and not Goku. We even got 3 movies with no Goku as main.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Facts.

--

It’s got its warts, (big, biiiiig warts) but I agree. It’s way overhated and there’s a lot more good than bad in it. Though, that’s only with the benefit of hindsight

They didn’t do a good job of showing Peter and Harry as best friends in the lee and Conway run. Peter keeps saying it but they never show it. Hell I argue Peter best friend was actually Gwen before she die he hang out with her more than Harry
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

There's a lot going on in the End of Spider-Verse but I can't help but take away the main thing of Girlboss Silk and how it feels a tad forced.

Also a backup story that's basically just Monica Rambeau showing up Spidey in his own book. Like, thanks?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a lot going on in the End of Spider-Verse but I can't help but take away the main thing of Girlboss Silk and how it feels a tad forced.

Also a backup story that's basically just Monica Rambeau showing up Spidey in his own book. Like, thanks?
    It doesn't help that Silk is the secret long lost other person who got bit. I hope somebody in the future just ends up completely changing her origin.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    It doesn't help that Silk is the secret long lost other person who got bit. I hope somebody in the future just ends up completely changing her origin.
    Honestly, there's very little about Silk I actually like.

From the unbelievably forced and contrived introduction/being integral to the big story a few issues later, to her (of course) being immediately more instinctively in-tune with her powers than Peter, to the simple fact that Marvel had a fascinating blank slate to literally do another Captain America - a person who lost a decade and now has to adapt to an entirely new world - and did the least interesting stories possible to effectively handwave that away.

I love the idea of another Spider character being a woman of different ethnic origin to Peter, I actually think far more spin-offs should be intentionally diverse to make the universe more interesting, but being Peter's forgotten classmate who was also bitten by Peter's spider is just so... bad, conceptually.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

From the unbelievably forced and contrived introduction/being integral to the big story a few issues later, to her (of course) being immediately more instinctively in-tune with her powers than Peter, to the simple fact that Marvel had a fascinating blank slate to literally do another Captain America - a person who lost a decade and now has to adapt to an entirely new world - and did the least interesting stories possible to effectively handwave that away.

I love the idea of another Spider character being a woman of different ethnic origin to Peter, I actually think far more spin-offs should be intentionally diverse to make the universe more interesting, but being Peter's forgotten classmate who was also bitten by Peter's spider is just so... bad, conceptually.
    I think the thing with Silk is that she works better on her own and in her solo's than she does when you put her anywhere near Peter's orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Certain aspects worked though. Cindy was a classmate that Pete wasn't particularly close to, so he had no reason to pay attention when she wasn't around. If he didn't know her well enough to remember her name, he's gonna very easily get distracted into not noticing she disappeared. And if we go with the idea that it was a science fair his class was attending... it makes sense for Cindy to be there. She's not there because of Pete she's there for school stuff.

but I don't remember if this is actually what the original story even said, just the way it makes sense to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    They didn’t do a good job of showing Peter and Harry as best friends in the lee and Conway run. Peter keeps saying it but they never show it. Hell I argue Peter best friend was actually Gwen before she die he hang out with her more than Harry
    They don’t really show Peter being good friends with anyone. It’s mostly him talking about how Spider-Man takes him away from being spending time with his “loved ones”.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cindy was a classmate that Pete wasn't particularly close to, so he had no reason to pay attention when she wasn't around. If he didn't know her well enough to remember her name, he's gonna very easily get distracted into not noticing she disappeared. And if we go with the idea that it was a science fair his class was attending... it makes sense for Cindy to be there. She's not there because of Pete she's there for school stuff.
    So what, exactly, is the point of her being his classmate, other than to say she's his classmate? What is added if there's no actual connection there?

To me, it's just a lazy shorthand connection to give Peter and Cindy (and most importantly the reader) SOME bond to go forward from. But it ultimately means nothing but comes across as painfully contrived.

PS, I feel the same about Jessica Jones being Peter's classmate. Really not into that kind of unnecessary retcon that ultimately adds nothing of value.
    Last edited by exile001; 07-21-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!