Page 20 of 176 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    What issues are these?
    From ASM #304 and 306. Was reading them recently from the Todd McFarlane Omnibus I got and some moments stuck out as pretty cool. There are so many good moments from his run.

Fantastic Member

Wraith should be Spider-Man's new partner.

Quote Originally Posted by steelio2006 View Post
    Also didn't mind the character of Anna Maria. She's really interesting character. And I also don't mind Carlie Cooper either. But at the end of the day, the one that I don't get is all the love for Mary Jane
    I also quite like Anna Maria, thought Norah Winters was one of the best things about BND, and will never understand why people love Gwen Stacy so much.

…unless you’re talking about Emma Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    From ASM #304 and 306. Was reading them recently from the Todd McFarlane Omnibus I got and some moments stuck out as pretty cool. There are so many good moments from his run.
    McFarlane got to write Spider-Man? I thought Marvel turned him down and that's why he went to help form Image. What issues was he on?

McFarlane got to write Spider-Man? I thought Marvel turned him down and that's why he went to help form Image. What issues was he on?
    McFarlane was on art. The writer at the time was David Micheline. The Omnibus collects their run together including some guests, ASM 298-329.

BANNED

I think he means Todd's run on art on ASM. McTodder DID get his own vanity Spider-man title that he got to draw and write. But the less said about that the better.

Though that run does contain the best Jason Macendale Hobgoblin story.

I don't enjoy reading the Lee / Ditko run. The Lee / Romita run is a lot better.

I do think the Michelinie / McFarlane run is the best on the character.

Peter David is the best Spider-man writer after Stan. And is a better writer than Stan overall.

I'd be fine if the Slott run is pretty much forgotten by the next writers.

Ramos is technically the worst artist to ever have a run on Spider-man.

I'm also not, and never was, a fan of Gwen Stacy. Though Stone made her very likable in the films.

I see Jason Aaron get tons of flak for stuff like Original Sin, but I'm convinced, from just AW&SM alone, that he could write a better Peter Parker / Spider-man than we've seen for close to a decade in the comics.

eventually after segueing from the "Amazing" Spider-Man title, McFarlane was given writer/artist reigns on the "adjectiveless" Spider-Man title starting in summer 1990 and publishing into late 1991, before he finally quit and segued into being a founder of Image and the Spawn title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Wraith should be Spider-Man's new partner.
    The Wraith and Spider-Man are due to team up in Gerry Conway's upcoming Spider-Man: Spiral series mini series. Although I do not think that the Wraith x Spider-Man has the same dynamic as

Spider-Man x Black Widow
    Spider-Man x Spider-Woman
    Spider-Man x She-Hulk
    Spider-Man x Psylocke
    Spider-Man x Tigra
    Spider-Man x Silver Sable
    Spider-Man x Captain Marvel
    Spider-Man x Black Cat

Too bad Silver Sable is dead. The Black Cat now a Crime Boss. What would be cool to see is a Wraith self titled series that features her and her partners Wolfsbane and Tigra as members of the NYPD CSI unit.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-28-2015 at 01:18 AM.

And them working to take down Felicia?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcroBrat View Post
    And them working to take down Felicia?
    They'll have more than just the Black Cat to worry about.

True, but it seems like a good opportunity for a fun, "femme fatales" kind of twist. Peter's got to have mixed feelings about taking down Felicia, and he'll have other bigger threats he can worry about to distract himself. Seems like a good opportunity to incorporate a fun "all female" boom, where the protagonists and main antagonist are females, with the secondary characters being male

True, but it seems like a good opportunity for a fun, "femme fatales" kind of twist. Peter's got to have mixed feelings about taking down Felicia.....
    True, I can easily see this. Peter being all 'Felicia please don't make me do this' before her actions leave him no choice, could make for a great emotionally gripping story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I also quite like Anna Maria, thought Norah Winters was one of the best things about BND, and will never understand why people love Gwen Stacy so much.

…unless you’re talking about Emma Watson.
    Not sure what Hermoine from Harry Potter has to do with Gwen's popularity, unless she casted some sort of popularity spell...

I think Marvel should have Peter and MJ remember OMD but still not be married. Have it be another tragedy for Peter, alongside the death of Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Mark Millar's Spider-Man was so good, as was most of JMS' before he got all JMSey on us.

Spider Totem wackiness is perfectly fine. Creators can use it if they want, can ignore it if they want.
    When does the JMS'ing start? I need to know now before I pick up another collection.

True, but it seems like a good opportunity for a fun, "femme fatales" kind of twist. Peter's got to have mixed feelings about taking down Felicia, and he'll have other bigger threats he can worry about to distract himself. Seems like a good opportunity to incorporate a fun "all female" boom, where the protagonists and main antagonist are females, with the secondary characters being male
    Personally I'm hoping they reccomend this crime boss thing out of existence.

Here's a crazy idea. Darthfury should write a series of What if? Issues Featuring Spider-Man for Marvel.