Page 21 of 176 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Edited post
    Last edited by Dr. Skeleton; 12-06-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Paul Jenkins 'gets' Peter Parker more than any other modern writer, and deserves an extended run on the Amazing Spider-Man.

Mighty Member

I'm glad they got rid of the marriage when they did (probably should have done it sooner), and if Peter married MJ tomorrow, I'd lose a lot of interest in Spider-Man.

But if the new status quo after Secret Wars is married, semi-retired Pete tutoring the Amazing Miles Morales ... I'm on board.

Marvel Adventures > Ultimate.

It was a great error on Sony's part to not make the TASM series the Gwen Stacey Trilogy.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Even though I'm a huge Peter and MJ marriage fan I really wished they'd gone the whole way with the Spider-Man/Captain Marvel romance.

Doctor Octopus should return remembering everything he did as Superior Spider-Man and learn from it to become something of an anti hero character like Venom once was.

Betty Brant should be up there with Gwen, MJ and Felicia in Spidey's most renowned love interests. She was his first girlfriend after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Even though I'm a huge Peter and MJ marriage fan I really wished they'd gone the whole way with the Spider-Man/Captain Marvel romance.

Doctor Octopus should return remembering everything he did as Superior Spider-Man and learn from it to become something of an anti hero character like Venom once was.

Betty Brant should be up there with Gwen, MJ and Felicia in Spidey's most renowned love interests. She was his first girlfriend after all.
    I always thought she was.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It was a great error on Sony's part to not make the TASM series the Gwen Stacey Trilogy.
    Especially since they had Stone on a three-film contract.

But how would a trilogy have worked out?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Emma Stone should have been MJ. Casting her as Gwen was a huge mistake.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...06944960593923

Gerry Conway sort of said she was playing MJ anyway.

(On if Conway would have wanted to kill Gwen if she was like Emma Stone's version of the character.)

If the Gwen Stacy of the comics had been more like Emma Stone, she'd have been MJ. So, probably no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Especially since they had Stone on a three-film contract.

But how would a trilogy have worked out?
    Wait. Sony had a 3 film contract and knew people liked the Emma/Andrew dynamic but still killed her off.

...Mr. Mets, I'm very confused.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Emma Stone should have been MJ. Casting her as Gwen was a huge mistake.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...06944960593923

Gerry Conway sort of said she was playing MJ anyway.

(On if Conway would have wanted to kill Gwen if she was like Emma Stone's version of the character.)
    I had always felt that Kirsten was miscast. When I first found out that Emma Stone was cast as the new MJ from various websites, I was thrilled. I had seen Emma in quite a few movies and she seemed perfect for that role. Then, I found out that she was cast as Gwen instead, and I was a little...confused to say the least.

Now, after seeing her performance, she definitely made a wonderful alternate universe interpretation of Gwen, but I still can't help but think that her MJ would've been like MJ jumped right off of the page.

If they had known that Emma and her chemistry with Andrew was going to be that popular, I'm sure they would've just cast her as MJ. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 01-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Also Sony would have been much better off doing a soft reboot of the Raimi trilogy with Peter in college. Emma and Andrew could've just replaced Kirsten and Tobey (with slightly different intepretations of the characters) and JK Simmons could've reprised his role as JJJ.

By rebooting hard and fast they alienated too many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Also Sony would have been much better off doing a soft reboot of the Raimi trilogy with Peter in college. Emma and Andrew could've just replaced Kirsten and Tobey (with slightly different intepretations of the characters) and JK Simmons could've reprised his role as JJJ.

By rebooting hard and fast they alienated too many people.
    Yesh

As a Spidey fan, I can enjoy the first ASM film, but it's easy to see why people would not want to see basically the same origin story again. The issue is that really many people were familiar with the first Raimi film.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I had always felt that Kirsten was miscast. When I first found out that Emma Stone was cast as the new MJ from various websites, I was thrilled. I had seen Emma in quite a few movies and she seemed perfect for that role. Then, I found out that she was cast as Gwen instead, and I was a little...confused to say the least.

Now, after seeing her performance, she definitely made a wonderful alternate universe interpretation of Gwen, but I still can't help but think that her MJ would've been like MJ jumped right off of the page.

If they had known that Emma and her chemistry with Andrew was going to be that popular, I'm sure they would've just cast her as MJ. Hindsight is 20/20.
    I have never understood the comparisons between Emma Stone's Gwen, and the comic book Mary Jane. Ultimate Mary Jane, sure. But in my opinion the Gwen of the Amazing Spider-Man film series bears very little resemblance to MJ's classic comic book interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I have never understood the comparisons between Emma Stone's Gwen, and the comic book Mary Jane. Ultimate Mary Jane, sure. But in my opinion the Gwen of the Amazing Spider-Man film series bears very little resemblance to MJ's classic comic book interpretation.
    616 Gwen was never Peter's confidant.