Page 47 of 176 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

What counts as a silly design?

I never really understood why Big Wheel was so ridiculous in comparison to all of the other supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Overall, it felt like the number of supervillains he faced was too low for eight years. It kinda defeated the purpose of making him an "experienced" Spider-Man, IMO.

I feel like the game would've been better off if they handled their villains episodically or like a MOTW. You would have villains like Scorpion and Vulture acting independantly while the main villains are preparing for the endgame.

You could've cut out a third of the game and not lost anything.
    How many villains would have made sense for eight years?

I always felt that Aunt May was at her least interesting during JMS's run and her death in #400 was boring and forgettable.

They try to "solve" too many things too quickly without even considering why it was important in the first place. Ultimate Spider-Man's Guilt is one of my favorite issues for that reason: she's a character in and of itself with her own emotions. She's not just Peter's luggage like she is JMS that follows him around and repeats what he's thinking to him.

Having her just be ok with Peter's secret marginalized her and making her his "best friend" was a disservice to her character.
    I'd say May was marginalized when she was treated as more as a plot device and less like a person for decades before JMS. And he at least gave her the relationship with Jarvis which is more than what she had for most of 616.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-15-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How many villains would have made sense for eight years?
    The fact that he hasn’t fought Goblin or Ock implies that he hasn’t encountered any major crises before this game.
    Not to mention that there were many more rogues that he could’ve fought during that timeframe: Tinkerer, Meteor, Looter, Molten Man, Hydro Man, etc.
    Other Spider-Man would’ve faced more in the same timeframe, but here it’s apparently mostly mob goons. That’s why it feels jarring.

I'd say May was marginalized when she was treated as more as a plot device and less like a person for decades before JMS. And he at least gave her the relationship with Jarvis which is more than what she had for most of 616.
    Eww. That’s proof that she was marginalized and treated like luggage. It’s even worse than when Slott put MJ as in Iron Man’s cast.

Previously, Aunt May could make her own friends and but now she has to be pimped out with Iron Man’s butler.

The fact that he hasn’t fought Goblin or Ock implies that he hasn’t encountered any major crises before this game.
    Not to mention that there were many more rogues that he could’ve fought during that timeframe: Tinkerer, Meteor, Looter, Molten Man, Hydro Man, etc.
    Other Spider-Man would’ve faced more in the same timeframe, but here it’s apparently mostly mob goons. That’s why it feels jarring.
    Not necessarily. The Kingpin was established as a being a villain with a long history with Spider-Man in the game. Aside from the Sinister Six, there was also Tombstone, Black Cat, Shocker, Screwball and Taskmaster. Four other villains were mentioned as having been dealt with before like Lizard, Sandman, Chameleon and Mysterio. There is room for them to appear in a sequel along with other villains.

Astonishing Member

Not necessarily. The Kingpin was established as a being a villain with a long history with Spider-Man in the game. Aside from the Sinister Six, there was also Tombstone, Black Cat, Shocker, Screwball and Taskmaster. Four other villains were mentioned as having been dealt with before like Lizard, Sandman, Chameleon and Mysterio. There is room for them to appear in a sequel along with other villains.
    It’s the concept of plot time versus down time.

Putting those rogues into such a long time span while not including main antagonists like (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom) makes the eight years feel like downtime and that he’s only just now starting to enter plot time, where things move very quickly.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man (2000) is the best Spider-Man game.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I have so much nostalgia for that game (and Spider-Man 2) , and for a long time it was definitely my favorite.

Looking back the story isn't so great, but it's colorful, lighthearted, and really captures 90s Spidey.

Rino Romano as Spidey is pretty underrated in my opinion.

First time we had a VA who played both Batman and Spider-Man .

Extraordinary Member

Here’s controversy.
    We have a female spinoff of every major spider-man villain except Rhino. (Besides Mysterio)

Give us a female Rhino Marvel!!!

Either this game or the TAS was what introduced me to Spider-Man. Also you are rigth, that Venom was really weird thougth.

"Spider-Wuss, come out and play"
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Here’s controversy.
    We have a female spinoff of every major spider-man villain except Rhino. (Besides Mysterio)

I don't believe we've had a female Carnage or Chameleon either.

Here’s controversy.

Mysterio has a daughter. She was even Mysterio in the USM cartoon.
    I don't believe we've had a female Carnage or Chameleon either.
    There was a female Chameleon in the Ultimate comics.

Astonishing Member

Here’s controversy.

What about Ezekiel or Shocker? I do not recall female versions of them

Astonishing Member

Here’s controversy.

Are you serious? Isn’t one Rhino enough (too much)?

Mighty Member

Don't know if this is controversial, but I really dont care for Insomniac's portrayal of MJ. If they got rid of those stealth missions and made her closer to her 616 counterpart, the game would be a home run for me.