Page 66 of 176 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

I really, really think that when Marvel adds non-comic Spidey's to a Spider-Verse event in the comics, they shouldn't be included while their series is still continuing on television. Or at least do research to make sure the Spider-Verse can take place during that series.

There is no way Animated Ultimate Spider-Man experienced two Spider-Verses. And Marvel's Spider-Man, you can't even tell when he was recruited by Spider-Punk during Spider-Geddon since he was fighting Mysterio, who was a villain Doc-Ock hired that lead to the events of the animated Superior Spider-Man story arc.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 11-10-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I will say that this has bugged me a lot about modern Spider-Man interpretations. The suit which was basically, gloves, a shirt, pants, boots and a mask, now has multiple vision googles built in, an AI, etc.

It's also interesting in the movies how people can't buy a live action Peter making his cloth Spider-Man outfit, but don't blink at web shooters.

Here's a hot take, but I suppose this goes for all superheroes...Sometimes trying to adhere to "realism" and over explain everything makes comic book movies more ridiculous.
    I remember this moment in Marvel's Spider-Man where he gets hit with an EMP and suddenly he can't see out of his lenses...and thinking to myself "this would never happen if he had just worn a normal mask."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember this moment in Marvel's Spider-Man where he gets hit with an EMP and suddenly he can't see out of his lenses...and thinking to myself "this would never happen if he had just worn a normal mask."
    That same **** happened in Slott's ASM lol.

https://i.imgur.com/PN8uX96.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lcN2YMd.jpg

(ASM#28 vol 4)

And as a mentioned in another thread I think, in PS4 Spidey he had the web shooters neutralized because of some EMP bomb Felicia used, which also wouldn't have happened if he stuck with the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That same **** happened in Slott's ASM lol.

https://i.imgur.com/PN8uX96.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lcN2YMd.jpg

(ASM#28 vol 4)

And as a mentioned in another thread I think, in PS4 Spidey he had the web shooters neutralized because of some EMP bomb Felicia used, which also wouldn't have happened if he stuck with the old ones.
    This reminds me of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where Peter is all depressed about losing his SHIELD tech until Aunt May hands him his old web-shooters and tells him he never needed any of that...and then he proceeds to take a SHIELD jetpack to save the day .

Astonishing Member

Spoilers for the Miles Morales game: spoilers:
    I feel like the PS4 games in general would be better if it was structured more like a MOTW show than a movie. Of course, that could easily just be that I like MOTW shows.

The likely reason why there are so few unique villains in the main story of the new game is because it wouldn’t make sense for so many villains to ally with the Tinkerer, but that also deprives us from actually encountering said villains in their natural environment which is disappointing.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't know what's wrong with giving Peter's parents some focus. There are few tropes that annoy me more than disposable parents. It's why people complaining about May being alive irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I honestly don't know what's wrong with giving Peter's parents some focus. There are few tropes that annoy me more than disposable parents. It's why people complaining about May being alive irritates me.
    you dont think May being alive isnt an issue?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

After watching gameplay of Miles and seeing what he can do I dont see Miles losing to him. The excuse was that Peter had more experience than Miles which would ultimately make him win in a fight but I don't see it like that anymore. Miles pretty much got more experience than Peter if we compared what they have done as teenagers. Most of Peters events as Spiderman started when he finished high school. Miles pretty much has everything Peter does including the extra bio venom stuff.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    After watching gameplay of Miles and seeing what he can do I dont see Miles losing to him. The excuse was that Peter had more experience than Miles which would ultimately make him win in a fight but I don't see it like that anymore. Miles pretty much got more experience than Peter if we compared what they have done as teenagers. Most of Peters events as Spiderman started when he finished high school. Miles pretty much has everything Peter does including the extra bio venom stuff.
    Peter has more experience in general not just in teenage years. If both were teenagers you'd have a point but Peter is still older than Miles.

you dont think May being alive isnt an issue?
    Old people exist. I don't see what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Old people exist. I don't see what the issue is.
    spider-man fans yearn for elderly blood as a ritual sacrifice to their pagan gods
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Gameplay is not a good indicator of experience because every franchise upgrades with every game. Batman significantly improved between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City if we go by just gameplay, and Peter in the next game will likewise have even more moves than 2020 Miles.

And of course Miles would win if we compare Miles and Peter at the same age...but they're not the same age. Current Miles wouldn't stand much of a chance if he went through most of what Peter went through in JMS' run or in Marvel Knights, and that is perfectly normal.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-28-2020 at 08:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Gameplay is not a good indicator of experience because every franchise upgrades with every game. Batman significantly improved between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City if we go by just gameplay, and Peter in the next game will likewise have even more moves than 2020 Miles.

And of course Miles would win if we compare Miles and Peter at the same age...but they're not the same age. Current Miles wouldn't stand much of a chance if he went through most of what Peter went through in JMS' run or in Marvel Knights, and that is perfectly normal.
    Let me say that it's not abnormal or unnatural for Miles to do better than Peter at his age. Simply because of "standing on the shoulders of giants", Miles would have had time to see, learn, iterate from the stuff that Peter had to go through by trial and error, that's natural. And ultimately it depends on the story that people want to tell and what they want to show. It's a bit like how today's sportsmen would have certain advantages that old timey heroes didn't have, in terms of protective gear, higher pay (which means fewer financial distractions whereas before sportsmen often had to think of a second job or side hustle), better training facilities and so on. When Peter became Spider-Man he didn't have any mentor, whereas Miles has Peter.

None of this is to take anything away from Miles being the natural prodigy he is intended to be but to be honest, if Miles as Spider-Man has it a little easier, and does a little better than Peter...I see that as Peter doing stuff right rather than the other way around. He made Spider-Man, an identity forged in guilt and self-doubt, into something positive and aspirational, and he gets to see that legacy taking effect about a decade or less into his career.

On another note...you are quite right that gameplay being improved and better able to handle in the PS5 game is not a good indicator because that's something Doylist rather than Watsonian, because every franchise is gonna improve on stuff as time passes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Let me say that it's not abnormal or unnatural for Miles to do better than Peter at his age. Simply because of "standing on the shoulders of giants", Miles would have had time to see, learn, iterate from the stuff that Peter had to go through by trial and error, that's natural. And ultimately it depends on the story that people want to tell and what they want to show. It's a bit like how today's sportsmen would have certain advantages that old timey heroes didn't have, in terms of protective gear, higher pay (which means fewer financial distractions whereas before sportsmen often had to think of a second job or side hustle), better training facilities and so on. When Peter became Spider-Man he didn't have any mentor, whereas Miles has Peter.
    None of this is wrong, but Miles would be in the minor leagues if we go by the sportsmen analogy as he is 15-16 and still relatively new in-canon, while Peter has the body of a 28-year old and would be major leagues.

Do you watch My Hero Academia? It would be like if Deku now was already where All Might was at the start of the anime. (Deku gets compared to Peter a lot, and I totally see that, but he has some things in common with Miles too: growing up in a world of superheroes, having a mentor with the same powers + unlocking additional powers, and being more efficient with those powers at the same age partly due to legacy reasons).

In any case, I think this is almost always a pointless discussion as Peter and Miles would never fight. They're not even the types to have a friendly fight as some of the more macho superheroes do.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-28-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I don't hate Miles's time in the Ultimate Universe but it wasn't something I need to carry over to the 616. I was cool with them being separate takes on Miles.