Page 92 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2640
    Mighty Member

The armor made sense, but I wasn't a fan of the monochromatic look or the helmet. I don't mind the static mask, but I would've had Norman grab a gobliny non-armor mask from the mask collection in his penthouse and fashion a ragged purple drape into a tunic/hood over the armor.

Doc Ock's design was pretty great though. Loved the trenchcoat look.

I don't ever want to see Peter having kids in the main universe.

I think it'd be a hindrance for the narrative and stories.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 04-24-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't ever want to see Peter having kids in the main universe.

I think it'd be a hindrance for the narrative and stories.
    It depends on the stories themselves. What you want to see are new ideas ( without the Dan Slott WTF run), but you also want to avoid rehashing stuff ( Peter in HS in MCU or OMD and Clone Saga with Miles). The kid succeeded in Renew Your Vows but failed in Abrams. One idea that I really like ( and have said before) is bringing Annie from Renew Your Vows to 616. It would be a very interesting dynamic to both Peter and MJ, WITHOUT altering Amazing 180 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It depends on the stories themselves. What you want to see are new ideas ( without the Dan Slott WTF run), but you also want to avoid rehashing stuff ( Peter in HS in MCU or OMD and Clone Saga with Miles). The kid succeeded in Renew Your Vows but failed in Abrams. One idea that I really like ( and have said before) is bringing Annie from Renew Your Vows to 616. It would be a very interesting dynamic to both Peter and MJ, WITHOUT altering Amazing 180 degrees.
    Did 616 Spidey ever meet MC2's Spider-Girl? Given her popularity I always thought she might migrate to 616 at least for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I always felt that the Green Goblin was an example of a classic villain with a terrible costume, i.e. in the comics. I mean I never got the concept that someone who's a green goblin should have more purple than green visible. And it's weird that Norman would dress himself in a green body-suit and then put a purple tunic on top of that!!! Besides the fact that it resembles the Skrulls a little bit. The only adaptation that made the costume with that color scheme work was Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.
    Green and purple are classic "villain" colors which would be why the archenemy of Spider-Man, a hero who wears primary colors, would wear them.

Also, Norman is supposed to not be all that rational to begin with and his choice of fashion isn't really the weirdest thing about him.

Not that I hate the Raimi costume.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Did 616 Spidey ever meet MC2's Spider-Girl? Given her popularity I always thought she might migrate to 616 at least for a visit.
    Wouldn't she also have to travel through time?

Every storytelling choice is a "hindrance" on stories and narratives. There is no such thing as a story idea with infinite possibilities. Peter having a child would close off some opportunities (namely shipping) and open up others. Same as any other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    She was in Spider-Verse, which seemed to establish that 616 Peter was aware of the events of Spider-Girl #10-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Every storytelling choice is a "hindrance" on stories and narratives. There is no such thing as a story idea with infinite possibilities. Peter having a child would close off some opportunities (namely shipping) and open up others. Same as any other choice.
    This doesn't mean that all storytelling choices are equally sensible.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

I doubt shipping is a loss

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Daddy Pete is best Pete. Obviously that requires Spider-babies to happen... and thus.... yes, that... all of that. I loved married Pete!
    Yeah @ Daddy/Married Pete.
    Include him on the more interesting roster.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    An unfortunate consequence of being the "normal" guy.

Nah, not enough color. Though he does remind me of Elgar now.

^^ It's actually ok to be "the norml one" and there have been some real interesting directions taken with Peter.
    Of course at the end of the day it always amounts to nothing due to Marvel's "need" to maintain a particular status quo.

Yeah, the last episode of the old Spider-man cartoon had Stan the man say it himself. It's a different story. Not inherently better/worse... just different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9TIvIEnpA

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wouldn't she also have to travel through time?
    I seem to remember a story back in the day where she did travel back in time and meet Peter near the start of his crime fighting career.

I wouldn't mind 616 Pete having a child, but I would prefer it to be like a real kid, no spider powers and joining in to crime fight alongside their dad. No sassy clever quips that only an adult would make, etc.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Now that Miles exists and has made it to other media,

I'd love to see Peter and MJ married again, along with the return of Baby May.

I was a kid of the 90s and was so stoked about Peter being a dad. He doesn't have to stay young for kids to be interested in his comics, but the advent of Miles means Marvel can have their cake and eat it too.

If it were up to me, I'd have the line look something like this:

Amazing Spider-Man (Peter)
    Miles Morales, the Spectacular Spider-Man
    Web of the Scarlet Spiders (Ben and Kaine)
    And maybe another Peter-centric book, or a team-up book

-Pav, who is full of opinions today...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Controversial?
    Hmm...
    IMO, more often than not, Peter Parker is the least interesting of the Spider-Men.
    Talking Miles, Kaine, Elliot (Otto), and by extension Brock and Thompson.
    (Ben is still more interesting conceptually, just hasn't had great stories in recent times).
    100% agreed. The only thing more interesting than a Spider-MAN is a Spider-CLONE.

-Pav, who knows Spider-Ben is Spider-Best...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details