Default Daredevil #3 Spoilers

Spoilers ahead!

spoilers:
    Matt manages to beat The Shroud

Foggy is actually alive, he's just pretending to be dead

Daredevil and The Shroud try to infiltrate The Owl's mansion

The Shroud betrays Matt at the last moment
    end of spoilers

I really like what Waid is doing with Shroud, here. He's keeping to the character's double agent roots, but making him so unstable that his allegiances can easily tip either way.

I'm liking Shroud too. Is it me over was Foggy looking skinnier and the owl prettier?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Shroud is pretty cool.

I liked the Avenger Wannabe line given Hawkeye offered him a spot in the WCA when they first formed.

I hope a community springs up on the west coast for DD to play with. Either that or give him a teleporter.

Loved the issue. But the running gag on the office door is annoying.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Really enjoyed this. The Saga nod was great! Samnee's art is just awesome.

image.jpg
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

An excellent issue. Waid and Samnee are collaborating in amazing fashion. I like the way the Shroud is portrayed. I want to see more of the Owl. I hope this creative team has plans for lots of colorful rogues to populate Daredevil's new environment.
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

I go a-Googling for reviews and talk about DD #3 and discover that the Owl's first appearance ever was in Vol 1 #3... wondering if it was intentional to put him in the third issue of Volume 4. And on reread... Loved the Loring & Shaw line! (I've noticed that Marvel occasionally does put in these nods to the competition... but I never see DC do it.)

BANNED

Just catching up on Waid's relaunch of Daredevil. This is the first genuinely good material I've seen from Marvel in years. Waid is doing a fantastic job with this so far, and I think being a continent away from most of the rest of the effed up Marvel characters is a huge plus. The art is fantastic and well suited to the subject, and Waid is the first person to get Daredevil's character right in 3 decades as far as I know.

I don't think DD has ever been done really bad. Waid does have a great take on him though. I am curious to see how things develop for Foggy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I don't think DD has ever been done really bad. Waid does have a great take on him though. I am curious to see how things develop for Foggy.
    Ohhh I think he's been done pretty badly for at least half his career. It's good to see the title back on a positive track at last. It's almost as if marvel has found one its characters it actually likes

I agree, very interested to see where thy go with Foggy on this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Ohhh I think he's been done pretty badly for at least half his career. It's good to see the title back on a positive track at last. It's almost as if marvel has found one its characters it actually likes

I agree, very interested to see where thy go with Foggy on this.
    I liked the Miller, Bendis, Dixon, Brubaker and Waid runs off the top of my head. I don't have much fondness for the 60's stuff but that is just because it is dated.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Just catching up on Waid's relaunch of Daredevil. This is the first genuinely good material I've seen from Marvel in years. Waid is doing a fantastic job with this so far, and I think being a continent away from most of the rest of the effed up Marvel characters is a huge plus. The art is fantastic and well suited to the subject, and Waid is the first person to get Daredevil's character right in 3 decades as far as I know.
    You should check out the new Silver Surfer....it also has the "feel" of Waid's DD run

Excellent book. My favourite ongoing at Marvel before the relaunch and that hasn't changed. Waid and Samnee are really doing exceptional things here.