Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

A lot of things happened that just killed the book's momentum. It may stabilize but it's certainly not going to be the flagship that Marvel wanted it to be.

Yeah, I think the issue was there was too long a gap between the Infinity/Inhumanity happenings and the release of the first issue of this which could have made people not know the story was continuing. It looks like Soule is going to doing some very cool things, but they need to get the lost momentum back from the delayed release.

BANNED

After the late release Marvel really should have just release Inhuman as a graphic novel and had the Marvel universe co-inside with the release date of said graphic novel.

It probably would have been less of a mess that it is now. Shame too because originally I was really looking forward to this book.

Nobody gives a **** about the Inhumans except as occasional plot devices in FF and Avengers. Remove all mutants, add new "mutants". Snore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Sales data for April recently came out, and the big new Inhuman initiative that is destined to be as big a deal as The Avengers and a bigger deal than The X-Men only sold 58,309 copies to retailers. For a first issue, this really has me worried. Personally, I'm blaming Matt Fraction, who must have poisoned the book. His unprofessional bailing out must have weakened retailer confidence and led to such embarrassing sales for a first issue.

Luckily, Marvel knows what retailers want better than they do and stuffed the entire first issue into all copies of Amazing Spider-Man #1. They'll make people read Inhuman whether they want to or not, and that'll definitely boost sales and will in no way make readers and retailers resentful. I'm confident that through stunts-- I mean strategies like this, we can get sales back to where they should be, and make INHUMAN the success it deserves to be.
    LOL. Love your sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Nobody gives a **** about the Inhumans except as occasional plot devices in FF and Avengers. Remove all mutants, add new "mutants". Snore.
    this is very embarrassing for marvel. agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    He's just trying to make a name now. After he has a name and money enough he can do his own things and he can be more than the contractor clean up crew. He has serious potential. I wish he would do a Dark horse book or his own Image book, that way he can develop his voice more
    He is doing Letter 44 it is an Oni book and has been pretty good, Syfy channel is doing a pilot for it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    There was now way this book was going to be a huge hit without the Infinity/Inhumanity momentum.
    Infinity and Inhumanity may have hurt it more than helped it. It did in my eyes, plus we already have mutants, why make more?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    He is doing Letter 44 it is an Oni book and has been pretty good, Syfy channel is doing a pilot for it also.
    Yeah I know, I'm waiting for the trade. I hope he'll continue to do that, since all he does now is doing things like Death of Wolverine and stufg
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Personally, I'm blaming Matt Fraction, who must have poisoned the book. His unprofessional bailing out must have weakened retailer confidence and led to such embarrassing sales for a first issue.
    It was mentioned in this Axel-in-Charge article that Marvel editorial and Fraction had creative differences over the direction for Inhuman, so it was agreed that Fraction would leave and Soule take over, and it was done professionally. Having noted that, it is improper to label Fraction as "unprofessional" over this.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Meh.
    I wasn't to keen on the faux-mutant concept to begin with, but the first issue was poor. And I generally like Soule's work.

The main villain's actions for instance made little sense. He went about looking for worthy Inhumans, but he killed that first guy in seconds without giving him any time to showcase his abilities. Presumably because he looked somewhat trollish. Because obviously Inhumans have a long history of being super-pretty. Just look at Triton or Karnak or Gorgon.

There's also the fact that prior to this book is was generally presented that anyone in the same bloodline would be affected by the Terrigen mists. The only exception that I can think of was in Ms. Marvel. But in Inhuman this was contradicted and it was suggested that even in the same family not everyone would go through the change.

Spectacular Member

I've liked everything I've read from Charles Soule so far but this I don't know just seems so blatantly editorially driven that I have no desire to actually read it.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I've liked everything I've read from Charles Soule so far but this I don't know just seems so blatantly editorially driven that I have no desire to actually read it.
    well i think matt fraction deserves a lot of credit for not standing for this and charles soule deserves a raised eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    There's also the fact that prior to this book is was generally presented that anyone in the same bloodline would be affected by the Terrigen mists. The only exception that I can think of was in Ms. Marvel. But in Inhuman this was contradicted and it was suggested that even in the same family not everyone would go through the change.
    The fact that her cocoon looked nothing like the usual ones may have had something to do with Kamala's family not being affected.

In any case, Ms. Marvel is probably the only decent thing to come out of this editorial mess, and she's not even part of the main storyline.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The fact that her cocoon looked nothing like the usual ones may have had something to do with Kamala's family not being affected.

In any case, Ms. Marvel is probably the only decent thing to come out of this editorial mess, and she's not even part of the main storyline.
    Not the only decent thing.
    There was an appearance in Avengers Assemble by one of my favorite villains, June Covington. I just wish they'd never use that horrible codename Toxic Doxie ever again.