Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The main draw of this title is Joe Mad, and he will won't be on as a regular artist... so the draw of this book is a up-and-coming writer and characters that aren't well known. I love the Inhumans, but they don't serve a real purpose if they are advertising them as mutants. I'm sure the title will be decent and will last a bit since Marvel is pushing it. GotG is the next Avengers not Inhumans, and I'm not a fan of GotG...yet.
    Except they never did that, they said it would be like Game of Thrones with different groups fighting for take over the spot that Black Bolt left and the first issue showed two ''players'' already, one would guess the next issues will expand of that.
    Last edited by SuperBeetle; 05-12-2014 at 09:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm an Inhumans fan and no, they're not just plot devices or occasional FF guest stars either.
    Preach it brother!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    Except they never did that, they said it would be like Game of Thrones with different groups fighting for take over the spot that Black Bolt left and the first issue showed two ''players'' already, one would guess the next issues will expand of that.
    The Game of Thrones angle does sound interesting, and it has only been 1 issue. One sporking issue Haha.

Issue #2
    Witness the origin of INFERNO! What role will this new Inhuman play in the global Inhuman power structure?

If they go the Game of Thrones route, with power structure and power struggle and all of that, i could see potential there.... I do think people make a good point in that they need to try and make different than X-Men.

Ultimate Member

There's just been one (1) issue of Inhuman.

Even in my current state of declining interest in current comics, it's actually early to make a snap judgement.

I enjoyed the first issue of Inhuman (a whole lot more than the multitude of X-men titles that Marvel is spamming at the moment) and look forward to the next issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    If they want to make something out of the Inhumans, why don't they do it on the Inhumans own merit instead of copying a formula that has worked for decades? Spider-Man didn't become a success because Stan Lee really wanted it to be one. The success happened organically through the character's inherent strength. Same with the X-Men. It originally didn't work until the formula was changed into something all new and all different.

If people have been collectively saying "meh" to the adventures of a guy who doesn't talk and his wife with prehensile hair for decades, I'm not sure the answer is to copy the X-Men's story. I gave it a chance - after all, the issue came for free with Amazing Spider-Man, and it isn't any good anyway. Not all properties are meant to be successes.
    Since Marvel's primary function as a business is to make money, it's their job to convince you that you need to buy their books. What they are doing with the free copies is taking a financial hit in the hopes that more people will check out the next issue. There is nothing wrong with that, regardless of whose story it it. They had a plan for the Inhumans, and I assume that whatever Matt Fraction pitched to them went along with what they wanted. From the way things developed, it sounds like Marvel wasn't getting the story they were expecting from Fraction, so they had to start over. Fraction must have changed from his original pitch to something Marvel didn't want, and didn't bother telling them until late in the game. Editorial did their job by replacing him, and they even went so far as to not insult him, when I'm sure there were some pretty pissed off people because of the bind that put them in. The editor is there for a reason. The last thing anyone needs is the creators altering the Marvel Universe to the way they want it to be, with nobody to keep them within the parameters set for the characters they are only temporary custodians of. If you think continuity sucks now, imagine how it would be with some of the arrogant writers on the Marvel payroll without supervision. Marvel is just doing what they can to keep this whole affair from falling apart now. If they weren't, what would that tell the stockholders? Nothing good.

I'm not too surprised. I've never seen much love for the Inhumans; to suddenly think one event will be enough to launch an entire new line and make it successful was fool-hardy. Exposure isn't enough, you need to capture the imagination of the fan-base, and (to be blunt) the Inhumans never did. If all you needed to make something a success was exposure and attention, Hope Summers would be the most popular X-kid alive.

Trying to copy the X-metaphor with the Inhumans was destined to fail.

Astonishing Member

You folks are crazy. This is the Inhumans. It was never going to be a big seller, with or without Fraction (see FF/Fantastic Four). They're arguably not even a B-List property as a whole.

On top of that it's a book that's hamstrung by the destruction of the Royal Family - Hickman "killing" Black Bolt and Maximus and Fraction killing Karnak.

As for Soule taking on the Inhumans, consider a few things. He's a big fan of the Inhumans and this may have been his one shot ever to write them plus he got paired with freaking Joe Mad. The editorially mandated direction may be something that Soule sees a lot of potential for writing a compelling narrative. It's not like the editors just write the book and slap his name on it.

it was completely unnecessary to package inhuman 1 into my spider-man book. i resent this decision and don't appreciate having inhumans shoved down my throat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it was completely unnecessary to package inhuman 1 into my spider-man book. i resent this decision and don't appreciate having inhumans shoved down my throat.
    You could always not read those pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    You could always not read those pages.
    why should i have to do that.

Another thing to consider is Marvel just dropped the ball on the messaging regarding this. By the time this idea of it being like Game of Thrones was being put forth it was too late as the narrative was set that it was going to replace the X-Men. And to be fair, the way it was presented it was shaping up that way.

BANNED

why should i have to do that.
    Because if you don't like something, you don't have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Because if you don't like something, you don't have to read it.
    not buying the inhuman book should be the only thing i have to do. i bought spider-man and made a decision not to do the same for inhuman.

BANNED

not buying the inhuman book should be the only thing i have to do. i bought spider-man and made a decision not to do the same for inhuman.
    Again, you can choose to not read those pages.
    It's always up to you.

It's like saying you're being forced to read every advertisement you come across.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I agree with that point. Although in my case I did decide to buy Inhuman 1. When I found out that the whole issue was also in Amazing Spider-Man 1 I was annoyed because it made me feel like I wasted my money as I could've just waited till ASM 1 to read it.