Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Again, you can choose to not read those pages.
    It's always up to you.

It's like saying you're being forced to read every advertisement you come across.
    advertisement? it was the whole issue. and like john ossie say, he spent his hard earned money on the inhuman book also and then got the copy just for free anyway. so there are no winners here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    advertisement? it was the whole issue. and like john ossie say, he spent his hard earned money on the inhuman book also and then got the copy just for free anyway. so there are no winners here.
    I'm talking about your statement of it being shoved down your throat.
    It's being presented to you, but it's still your choice if you read it or not.

Now if it was inter-cut between each page, then I'd understand.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Or it may have been due to the fact that they stayed indoors and the mist never reached them. Kamala's egg-like cocoon may also signify that her Terrigenesis was on a different level; as I recall Wilson seemed to hint at it in one of the recent Cons.
    Not sure what you or he means. Pretty much all of the New Inhumans have had egg-like cocoons. Hers was not special.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Heck I hope Marvel does more freebies. It would be foolish to discourage it. I thought they were just going to do a few pages. Sometimes your local LCS guy can let you know about these things in advance but then again he wants to make money too. .

Does Inhuman being included with Amazing actually count as a freebie though? I mean it had a higher price tag on it due to all the extra content they featured.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    Soule, for all the credit the board seems to give him, has no authorial voice. Reading Inhuman and Superman\Wonder Woman proves this to me. Terrible, clichéd drivel.
    wow, to each their own, i guess... but i don't think i've ever disagreed more with anything posted on this board before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Does Inhuman being included with Amazing actually count as a freebie though? I mean it had a higher price tag on it due to all the extra content they featured.
    no, it doesn't. which is the point some seem to be missing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no, it doesn't. which is the point some seem to be missing.
    Some being "me" I would assume.
    We don't actually know if Inhuman is part of the higher cost of ASM #1.

After all it was a new #1 and had multiple Spider-Man stories.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Some being "me" I would assume.
    We don't actually know if Inhuman is part of the higher cost of ASM #1.

After all it was a new #1 and had multiple Spider-Man stories.
    Let's see...
    The recent Deadpool #27 was about 80 pages, for $10.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 was about 80 pages, for $6.

Yup, no one can really deny it was a freebie. You were only paying for the 1.3 Spidey stories in it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Let's see...
    The recent Deadpool #27 was about 80 pages, for $10.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 was about 80 pages, for $6.

Yup, no one can really deny it was a freebie. You were only paying for the 1.3 Spidey stories in it.
    See, that makes sense.
    And why on earth was Deadpool #27 that much? lol

Ultimate Member

Has it gotten to the point that comic fans hate free comics?

Free comics??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Heck I hope Marvel does more freebies. It would be foolish to discourage it. I thought they were just going to do a few pages. Sometimes your local LCS guy can let you know about these things in advance but then again he wants to make money too. .
    This exactly.

They completely failed to capitalize on Infinity, and now this thing has bombed.

I'd say it's for the best. As far as I'm concerned, it was a very poor use of the Inhumans mythos. They should have been left as rulers of the Kree.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Not sure what you or he means. Pretty much all of the New Inhumans have had egg-like cocoons. Hers was not special.
    Theirs came out squishy and green. Kamala's came out black and glass-like. Either Alphona screwed up on designing her cocoon, or there's something else invoved in the plot that's separating Kamala from the rest of the Inhuman herds.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Sales data for April recently came out, and the big new Inhuman initiative that is destined to be as big a deal as The Avengers and a bigger deal than The X-Men only sold 58,309 copies to retailers. For a first issue, this really has me worried. Personally, I'm blaming Matt Fraction, who must have poisoned the book.
    I’m going to go with what someone else here already mentioned that sales are down because no one cares about the Inhumans. I hope that Marvel let’s the book find it’s legs. But I agree that the success of the book might have been hampered by the delay in release of the book so far from Infinity, after reading the book, I for the life of me could not remember who the new villain was and where he had appeared before. It also probably also did not help that the book lacked Blackbolt. One of the main draws of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    His unprofessional bailing out must have weakened retailer confidence and led to such embarrassing sales for a first issue.
    I guess to each his own. But I frankly hate Fraction as a writer. His X-Men run was a joke. And I am supposed to accept that he can effectively write the Inhumans? I am a huge Inhumans fan. But when I picked up issue #1 of Inhumanity to look through, I just ended up putting it back on the shelf. I couldn’t bring myself to buy it. The writing was just bad. The only thing I ever enjoyed by him was his Iron Fist run. Otherwise I find his writing to be nothing but hetero male/frat boy wish fulfilment fan fiction. Where the hero can automatically kick everyone’s rear end. Every woman he comes across finds him sexually attractive.

In fact I had no intention of buying Inhumans until it was announced that Soule had taken over the book. Hope that Marvel gives this at least a year. I think there are some good possibilities.