Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I wonder if they're going to remove, or somehow restrain, Cassie's powers. They were pretty vague on what she would be doing in the comic beyond being in it.

(That would be a shame. A daddy/daughter super hero comic sounds fun. Especially since Cassie has a more lawful viewpoint than her father.)

This actually looks pretty good. I only wish Pym was starring but ill probably still check it out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if they're going to remove, or somehow restrain, Cassie's powers. They were pretty vague on what she would be doing in the comic beyond being in it.

(That would be a shame. A daddy/daughter super hero comic sounds fun. Especially since Cassie has a more lawful viewpoint than her father.)
    I can imagine the trauma of death getting in the way of her eagerness to be a hero, although I would not expect that to last too long.

Mighty Member

Isn't Eric O'Grady also dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    This actually looks pretty good. I only wish Pym was starring but ill probably still check it out.
    I fear very much for the future of Pym. Every decision in the movies ends up affecting the comics these days. And since the movies have decreed Lang is the "true" Ant-Man and Pym is an old man mentor figure, I think the comics will try to imitate this as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn Pym into a Michael Douglas doppelganger out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    He was resurrected as a robot who may still be alive. It's complicated.

Anyway, Cassie! Taskmaster! Darla! Lots of stuff I'm excited for! Can't wait for this book.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Debatably dead after saving a child from death, but he does have an evil LMD decoy from Secret Avengers via the Descendants, whose exact final fate was unclear (the leader of the Descendants said one of their number was still alive before he died). So he could just be a legacy, but there's enough scope to bring either version if they want to. Honestly I think having all three Ant Men together and Cassie would be fun, since all of them have fans I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Cool! Looking forward to it. I hope we get to see Jack of Hearts show up.
    Nick Spencer may be the man to do it! We also need a Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Spades, King of Clubs, etc.... it's about time!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Dr Nemesis return. Give him a new name, outfit and motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I fear very much for the future of Pym. Every decision in the movies ends up affecting the comics these days. And since the movies have decreed Lang is the "true" Ant-Man and Pym is an old man mentor figure, I think the comics will try to imitate this as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn Pym into a Michael Douglas doppelganger out of the blue.
    I don't think they will make Pym a 70 year old Michael Douglas doppelgänger as there is limited storytelling you can get out of that and Marvel aren't interested in Hank mentoring Scott in the comics. Tony Stark and Reed Richards serve that purpose in the comics historically.

The only things I can see Marvel drawing from the movies for Hank is giving him the movie versions personality or making him a business tycoon like the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Lang has been the true Ant-Man for decades.
    We need better comics

Oh, this just got interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Debatably dead after saving a child from death, but he does have an evil LMD decoy from Secret Avengers via the Descendants, whose exact final fate was unclear (the leader of the Descendants said one of their number was still alive before he died). So he could just be a legacy, but there's enough scope to bring either version if they want to. Honestly I think having all three Ant Men together and Cassie would be fun, since all of them have fans I think.
    I couldn't care less about LMD Grady. I want the real one or nothing.

Also, I don't know why people are so happy about Cassie being back and Lang getting an ongoing. It should have been Eric!
    Scott Lang is a perv who used to peep on Carol Danvers in the shover.
    Cassie Lang is a murderer who killed Stingray by stepping on him!
    Eric O'Grady is a true hero with a tragical backstory (he got the ant suit after his best friend sacrificed himself), with awesome feats (he almost defeated the Hulk and stopped the Skrull Invasion) and with a heart of gold (he did his best to cheer up his best friend's girlfriend while she was mourning his death).

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

OMG no! i hate both Cassie and Darla ughhh
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I couldn't care less about LMD Grady. I want the real one or nothing.

Also, I don't know why people are so happy about Cassie being back and Lang getting an ongoing. It should have been Eric!
    Scott Lang is a perv who used to peep on Carol Danvers in the shover.
    Cassie Lang is a murderer who killed Stingray by stepping on him!
    Eric O'Grady is a true hero with a tragical backstory (he got the ant suit after his best friend sacrificed himself), with awesome feats (he almost defeated the Hulk and stopped the Skrull Invasion) and with a heart of gold (he did his best to cheer up his best friend's girlfriend while she was mourning his death).
    You forgot to add he was a dick which made him even more interesting IMO.

Eric was spying on Carol in the shower.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Eric was spying on Carol in the shower.
    I think that post wasn't being entirely serious.