Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I couldn't care less about LMD Grady. I want the real one or nothing.

Also, I don't know why people are so happy about Cassie being back and Lang getting an ongoing. It should have been Eric!
    Scott Lang is a perv who used to peep on Carol Danvers in the shover.
    Cassie Lang is a murderer who killed Stingray by stepping on him!
    Eric O'Grady is a true hero with a tragical backstory (he got the ant suit after his best friend sacrificed himself), with awesome feats (he almost defeated the Hulk and stopped the Skrull Invasion) and with a heart of gold (he did his best to cheer up his best friend's girlfriend while she was mourning his death).
    Erm... not sure whether this post was made with seriousness or not, but just in case (and stating that Eric is still my fav Ant Man)...

- Eric perved on Ms Marvel, not Scott (though Lang has voyeured on people like Darla in the past). At one point in fact he even was able to briefly shape shift into her when he was in a construct in another dimensions during the Ant Man/Wasp mini.
    - It was more he took the suit off his best friend after he was killed by HYDRA during Enemy of the State, mainly so he wouldn't die. Which in turn was because he and his friend had mistakenly assumed whilst on guard duty they got confused over whether they were meant to keep people from going in or out of (Skrull) Pym's lab.
    - If by 'cheer up' you mean he seduced her to have sex. On top of his dead friend's grave. Got her pregnant. And then declined to help her raise their child (though he did this because he felt morally incapable of being a good father at the time, so it wasn't a totally selfish act).

That said, Eric might have been a jerk at the worst of times, spent a stealth mission between Black Widow's breasts and was friends with villains like Black Fox and Taskmaster, but he also had a desire to be better and be a hero, especially when he became a Secret Avenger. And he was able to (secretly) help Iron Man fight Gladiator Hulk (though he failed in the end) and was a vital contributor in ending the Skrull Invasion (ironically by being at the defenceless Camp Hammond when the Skrulls took it over because he didn't want to fight Skrulls in New York and hid). He realised that Norman Osborn was a wacko on the Thunderbolts and thus attempted in secret to undermine him (for example releasing Bucky Cap from his bonds when the Thunderbolts were sent to deal with him during Cap Reborn). He saved Mars with Sharon Carter's help. And ultimately protected a child's life at what seems to be the expense of his own.

O'Grady might not be the best morally and started off as 'Irredeemable', but to me he'll always be the best Ant Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I think that post wasn't being entirely serious.
    Its hard to tell sometimes online lol
    We need better comics

Cassie's coming back?

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Doom's totally going to undo what he did

Cassie being back alive is good news because that adds the interesting factor to the book. I think I'm much more inclined to read it now. Plus I do like Nick Spencer.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Me too, man. Me too!!!
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Lang has been the true Ant-Man for decades.
    Actually that was O'Grady
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Actually that was O'Grady
    No, O'Grady was just introduced in 2006. He was Ant-Man for like 6 years.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Have we ever known on-record how Scott's ex-wife and her cop boyfriend reacted to Cassie's death? I figure the ex would at least be mentioned or referenced in the future.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Have we ever known on-record how Scott's ex-wife and her cop boyfriend reacted to Cassie's death? I figure the ex would at least be mentioned or referenced in the future.
    Spencer has actually said she'll be in the book.

Spectacular Member

I'm glad she's coming back. Can she get a new codename?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Here's hoping it picks up where Fraction's fantastic FF book left off!
    actually the interview sounded quite the opposite. it will be its own thing

So apparently Cheung drew Cassie and Scott and Cassie as a youngin on his Tumblr.
    ...maybe Cassie is coming back as a kid.

BANNED

So apparently Cheung drew Cassie and Scott and Cassie as a youngin on his Tumblr.
    That's what I'm guessing because of the movie.

But she's gonna be a civilian teenager in that prose novel that Marvel announced a little while ago. (Which, yes, I know is set in its own continuity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    But she's gonna be a civilian teenager in that prose novel that Marvel announced a little while ago. (Which, yes, I know is set in its own continuity.)
    Like you say, that's in its own continuity. It doesn't really affect this book, especially when it's pretty much a given Cassie is going to be younger in the movie.

Dunno what that Cheung panel is about, but this could happen; we'll know for sure next week, anyway!