Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Happy to see Cassie back, and it's nice to see this book doesn't take itself too seriously. Although the "Yahoo Answers" speak definitely seems at odds with that random "wait a second I know Pym Particles better than Hank Pym now" thing that spontaneously happened in FF.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

They had me until they announced Cassie was coming back. No thank you. The less I see of her and the other YA brats the better. Too bad. I've waited years for a legit go at a Scott Lang ongoing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They had me until they announced Cassie was coming back. No thank you. The less I see of her and the other YA brats the better. Too bad. I've waited years for a legit go at a Scott Lang ongoing book.
    ...so...you want a Scott Lang ongoing without the biggest part of Scott Lang's character....

This has a whole lot of stuff I'm excited to see under Spencer's pen -- keyboard? Tablet? Whatever.

Scott Lang. Single super-dad-itude. Taskmaster. And how in the world is Cassie gonna be brought back? And possibly younger? I guess its really all too early to say, but I'm certainly going to check out that Avengers World(?) issue next week for clues. I hope this book succeeds.

EDIT: Ho'da, ho'da, hold up.
    So. Avengers World has inverted Doom and Wanda, yes? Doom is the one who killed Cass. Doom looking to redeem himself? Get some penance by way of resurrecting Miss Lang??? Hmmm.....
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-05-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Happy to see Cassie back, and it's nice to see this book doesn't take itself too seriously. Although the "Yahoo Answers" speak definitely seems at odds with that random "wait a second I know Pym Particles better than Hank Pym now" thing that spontaneously happened in FF.
    That was random, but I can actually understand that.

Generally, Hank Pym is a guy bursting with creative genius. A guy like him probably hops quickly from one project to the next.

Scott Lang's focus after becoming a hero is limited to what he's experienced with. He's not going to come up with tons of new inventions. He's more specialized in his approach to science and probably just wanted to be the best at what he could be.

At the basest understanding of density, Fraction's approach to Pym Particles makes sense, especially since there's so much comicbooky handwaving in regards to Pym Particles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I couldn't care less about LMD Grady. I want the real one or nothing.

Also, I don't know why people are so happy about Cassie being back and Lang getting an ongoing. It should have been Eric!
    Scott Lang is a perv who used to peep on Carol Danvers in the shover.
    Cassie Lang is a murderer who killed Stingray by stepping on him!
    Eric O'Grady is a true hero with a tragical backstory (he got the ant suit after his best friend sacrificed himself), with awesome feats (he almost defeated the Hulk and stopped the Skrull Invasion) and with a heart of gold (he did his best to cheer up his best friend's girlfriend while she was mourning his death).
    Eric O'Grady: The (Ant-)Man. The Myth. The Legend.

So a Scott Lang Ant-Man ongoing with Cassie and appearances by Taskmaster and maybe Eric O'Grady at some point? I may have to get this...

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Him not being sure if ant's represent the large biomass on earth doesn't really have anything to do with him working out efficient ways to utilize Pym particles does it? Its not like unlocking the biomass equation is something he has to do in order to shrink better.

Plus Spencer mentioned that Lang is always fooling around with new ways to use his powers. Now that definitely fits with what Fraction did in FF.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This has a whole lot of stuff I'm excited to see under Spencer's pen -- keyboard? Tablet? Whatever.

Scott Lang. Single super-dad-itude. Taskmaster. And how in the world is Cassie gonna be brought back? And possibly younger? I guess its really all too early to say, but I'm certainly going to check out that Avengers World(?) issue next week for clues. I hope this book succeeds.

EDIT: Ho'da, ho'da, hold up.
    So. Avengers World has inverted Doom and Wanda, yes? Doom is the one who killed Cass. Doom looking to redeem himself? Get some penance by way of resurrecting Miss Lang??? Hmmm.....
    That's a good point. I had also considered the possibility that, if Cassie ever came back, that Doom would be the one who resurrected her. Him being "good" because of the Inversions gives Spencer the perfect excuse to go that route.

Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if they're going to remove, or somehow restrain, Cassie's powers. They were pretty vague on what she would be doing in the comic beyond being in it.

(That would be a shame. A daddy/daughter super hero comic sounds fun. Especially since Cassie has a more lawful viewpoint than her father.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The FF title put a lot of effort into explaining a new understanding of Pym Particles which included Ant Mans, Giant Mans, Visions, Wonder Men, and some others. The FF kids already determined that Cassie would absolutely return to life because of the precedent set by Wonder Man, and that she most likely would have those powers. They also were so sure it would be soon that they were actually joking about digging up her coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Belligerent View Post
    The FF kids already determined that Cassie would absolutely return to life because of the precedent set by Wonder Man, and that she most likely would have those powers. They also were so sure it would be soon that they were actually joking about digging up her coffin.
    It wasn't "absolutely" anything, they were just speculating. They weren't sure at all that it was a 100% certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    It wasn't "absolutely" anything, they were just speculating. They weren't sure at all that it was a 100% certainty.
    Well, they are kids and they were running around a lot of theorizing. Seemed to me that the brilliant children in the Scott Lang book (which was heavily focused on Cassie's death) might be on to something. Since they predicted her rebirth in a title about her father's loneliness as a revelation at the climax of the story.

It is possible that no writers at Marvel ever discussed Cassie's return or tried to set it up, I suppose. Why would Nick Spencer or Matt Fraction ever have talked about Ant-Man, after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Belligerent View Post
    Well, they are kids and they were running around a lot of theorizing. Seemed to me that the brilliant children in the Scott Lang book (which was heavily focused on Cassie's death) might be on to something. Since they predicted her rebirth in a title about her father's loneliness as a revelation at the climax of the story.

It is possible that no writers at Marvel ever discussed Cassie's return or tried to set it up, I suppose. Why would Nick Spencer or Matt Fraction ever have talked about Ant-Man, after all?
    Fraction has said before that the stuff with Lang discovering the true potential of the Pym Particle was all Lee Allred, FYI, so the stuff about Cassie wasn't from him, either.

And based off of the first issue of the Avengers World two-parter and what we know, I just really don't think that speculation at the end of FF is the angle they're going with.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 12-05-2014 at 12:38 PM.

That would be a shame to abandon that. It was super clever and felt organic. Has Wonder Man stayed dead from Uncanny Avengers?

Spectacular Member

They mentioned that Darla Deering would appear briefly in issue 1. I figure that means the relationship will be over and that character is off to limbo.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...so...you want a Scott Lang ongoing without the biggest part of Scott Lang's character....
    Meh. Thanks to Young Avengers, I grew a sour taste in my mouth in regards to her. The only thing that was more annoying about that book was Billy & Teddy. I really liked what Fraction was doing with Scott in FF. It showed some growth that was well needed.