Default Sensation Comics #17 Digital SPOILERS

So Wonder Woman is indestructible now? I've been away for quite some time...but when was that ever a thing? You can throw her into a fire pit and she's not burned. No wonder they didn't bother to show her using her bracelets defensively last issue. But then that just goes back to my first question--how did that dart-thingy pierce her skin if she's indestructible. At the risk of being pedantic, little things like that bother me and make me feel like I'm not reading a WW story. She may as well be Supergirl.

Otherwise, the story is fast-paced and exciting. Although the art looks much more rushed in this installment.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    So Wonder Woman is indestructible now? I've been away for quite some time...but when was that ever a thing? You can throw her into a fire pit and she's not burned. No wonder they didn't bother to show her using her bracelets defensively last issue. But then that just goes back to my first question--how did that dart-thingy pierce her skin if she's indestructible. At the risk of being pedantic, little things like that bother me and make me feel like I'm not reading a WW story. She may as well be Supergirl.

Otherwise, the story is fast-paced and exciting. Although the art looks much more rushed in this installment.
    It's not a mistake that she is not burnt. Wonder Woman has always been very durable.

Also, if I am not wrong she was immune to fire, I am not sure if it was thanks to the lasso or on her own. It doesn't really makes sense to me either, but her invulnerability is not extended to piercing objects, or at least not always. With her reflexes, though, she should have been able to deflect that dart. In fact she was able to deflect several bullets even while she was blind. But clearly she didn’t in this case because she had to 'fail' first. It was for the story, which anyway I haven't found that bad so far.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 12-04-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

WW has always had a level of indestructibility. Some writers just ignore it or haven't done their research,

Marston's WW deflected heat rays her body that would have incinerated a normal human. She was also impervious to electric attacks.
    Rucka showed Diana taking a bath in a nuclear reactor core.
    In Superman, WW, we see Superman wrap her up in his cape to shield her from part of a nuclear blast, but she was at ground zero. So even if his cape helpeed some, it couldn't be totally responsible for the fact she didn't incinerate. Likewise afterwards, she is shown walking around ground zero and not suffering from the radiation that had to have been all around.
    She can also exist in space in a bathing suit. So she has to be impervious to cold, gamma rays, etc.

There has always been a dramatic tension between WW' ability to be cut and her ability to take a blow from Superman. Chalk it up to the fat her abilities are magically based. It doesn't have to make sense in the world of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    It's not a mistake that she is not burnt. Wonder Woman has always been very durable.
    Also, if I am not wrong she was immune to fire, I am not sure if it was thanks to the lasso or on her own.
    In Perez's origin, Hestia gave Diana a "Sisterhood with fire to open the hearts of men" as a gift at her birth. THis was never expressly used as an explanation of Diana's imperviousness to fire, but was a possibility.

Also regarding Diana's durability... Diana can fly at supersonic speeds. if she wasn't durable, her skin would have sheered off by now.

I'm loving this story so far. Give me some classic Female Fury action any day.

Oh, yeah...I read Rucka's run. I didn't like that nuclear reactor business then either. I guess this "tension" in the character's depiction is something I'm never going to enjoy.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.