Super Moderator

Default "Pan" Writer Reportedly in Talks for "Wonder Woman" Screenplay

Jason Fuchs, writer of the upcoming film "Pan," is reportedly in negotiations to write the "Wonder Woman" screenplay.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

I'm ... underwhelmed.

Haven't seen Pan, so have no clue on that. Ice Age was ok. Nothing special. Obviously, if given the job, he may work wonders. But, it's hard to be excited at this point.

Eh, an unknown, but he has done some well received work in the past
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

??? The guy who co-wrote Ice Age: Continental Drift is their first pick?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    ??? The guy who co-wrote Ice Age: Continental Drift is their first pick?
    yep, he wasn't even the only writer. He did only the screenplay with another writer. story was by another duo.

Pan must be a great movie, at least for Warner. Not liking this.

Not looking forward to Pan. I am sick and tired of these "untold" origin stories that validate the villains.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

Not impressed with his record either, but I'll withhold judgement for now. The Marvel Studios movies have shown that lower profilr creators can still succeed when working in different genres.

Really hope this guy does his homework and tries to capture the mother/daughter relationship, feminism, and messages of peace and tolerance that are at the heart of this character. I get the feeling that too many people in power at DC never bothered to look past the surface of her ancient Greek background, and see her as a caricature of Xena. Being a tough warrior woman is only a small part of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    Not impressed with his record either, but I'll withhold judgement for now. The Marvel Studios movies have shown that lower profilr creators can still succeed when working in different genres.

Really hope this guy does his homework and tries to capture the mother/daughter relationship, feminism, and messages of peace and tolerance that are at the heart of this character. I get the feeling that too many people in power at DC never bothered to look past the surface of her ancient Greek background, and see her as a caricature of Xena. Being a tough warrior woman is only a small part of this character.
    From what we know she is already tied to her mythological origin. Also her first photo has her in a volcano, which is also pretty mythological.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Not looking forward to Pan. I am sick and tired of these "untold" origin stories that validate the villains.
    Agreed
    The trailer got me to decide not to watch Pan, but I will judge Wonder Woman on it's trailer unless the prebuzz gets as crappy as the Fan4 movie buzz is

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

As long as that doesn't mean Rooney Mara will play Phillipus, I'm ok.

I wouldn't have thought to guys from "Community" would be good for Captain America or they guy who did the sequel to "Jumanji" should get Iron Man but it worked.