Super Moderator

Default POLL: What Did You Think of Marvel's First "Ant Man" Trailer?

After years -- and years -- of anticipation, the first trailer for Marvel Studios' "Ant-Man" has arrived! What did you think of the first look at Paul Rudd's superhero debut?

Full article here.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It looks okay but I'll reserve judgment until I know a little more about the story.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I thought that it doesn't look like something from Edgar Wright. Which i know, isn't fair, but what do want. Im not over it.

I thought it was alright.

Extraordinary Member

I'm super digging the suit.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It was okay. It's a bit too early to say either way for me.

It had nowhere near the impact that the AOU trailer had though.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It was.....OK? Not one of Marvel's best trailers. Nice to see the suit though, looks ace.

I think the trailer is at a disadvantage for a few reasons.

Its easier for fans to get hyped up for any of the already established MCU character films because they've proven themselves.
    Antman is a very different tonally, and significantly lacking in legit action movie action.

That being said, I appreciated it and look forward to future more revealing trailers.

Additionally, I have to say that I have difficulty reconciling Paul Rudd as a dramatic actor.

It was aight, I liked it, although, I would like to know what actually led to the former director walking away, he was so passionate about this character and movie, makes you wonder...
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

It was ok nothing great.

It needed more footage of Scott in the Ant-Man suit. I'm sure the second trailer will be much better
    We need better comics

It's an introductory teaser for anyone unfamiliar with Ant-man - which means everyone else outside of comics really. With this they've now told the general movie-going public that it's about a guy in a shrinking suit who can communicate with ants, and to avoid info-overload that's all it has to do. The first few GOTG trailer were all about introducing the characters before they went all cosmically crazy on us and it'll be the same here: expect more ant-zanyness to impress comic fans with as we get more trailers.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Still waiting for more trailers That 1 did not make me me feel anything good or bad.

Spectacular Member

It wasn't bad, but not the best trailer. I still am very much looking forward to the movie, though.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It was ok for a teaser.

I think the main trailer will be better. Looking forward to seeing Yellowjacket in action.