Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Default Writers/Artists you'd like to see working at Marvel

Just wondering which writers/artists you guys would like to see plying their trade at Marvel, who aren't currently doing so? Be it the return of an old favourite, someone from the distinguished competition or a hot new talent from the indie scene. Maybe even a creative team.

As a follow up question, which book would you like to see them working on?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Marjorie Liu. Matt Kindt. Cliff Chiang. I'd love to see any of them on just about anything.

I'd love to see Bryan Lee O'Malley do something for Marvel. A one-shot, or a story in an anthology, or something like that.

Emma Rios needs to do more Marvel work. A new Cloak & Dagger series. Something. She's amazing.

Colleen Coover and Faith Erin Hicks both have really cute, fun styles, and I'd love to see either of them do Marvel work.

For writers, I want Jen Van Meter to get more Marvel work. And I think Leia Weathington deserves a shot - The Legend of Bold Riley is an amazing series.

Cliff Chiang (She-Hulk)
    Steve Epting (Avengers)
    FRANK QUITELY (Doctor Strange, please!)
    DARWYN COOKE (Nick Fury Agent of the S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    Last edited by Winterboy; 12-05-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All-New Member

I want more from writer Rick Spears. I'm enjoying Axis: Carnage, and his recent series for Oni, The Auteur, was amazingly, psychadelically weird and violent. Speaking of The Auteur, series artist James Callahan should be on a Marvel book. He's like a wacky Geoff Darrow. Give me Rick Spears and James Callahan on a Deadpool miniseries.

Grant Morrison
    Frank Quitely

Hey if they could get CM Punk to write a thor story..can they ask Tim Howard to do a captain america one? or Michael Phelps Namor?

Mike Mignola drawing Incredible Hulk.

(Writer) C. Priest: (Titles)- Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Thor, Iron Man, X-Men.

Morrison/Quitely on Fantastic Four

Paul Pope - Spiderman

Darwyn Cooke - Daredevil

BANNED

James Roberts on X-Men would be sick. It would get so weird so fast.

I would love to see:

Adam Warren given carte blanche with a character in Marvel and place it in the MAX universe, just so he could do whatever he wanted. I don't even know if the MAX imprint still exists.

Stjepan Sejic drawing something. Maybe an X-Men book written by Al Ewing?

Sean Gordon Murphy is another dream of mine to have drawing something for Marvel. Maybe even a graphic novel of Blade, because he did say that Blade was one of those characters he had wanted to work on.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Some cool suggestions guys, I particularly like the idea of Cliff Chiang on She-Hulk and Mignola on Hulk.

To answer my own question, I'd like to see the creative team behind Chew, Rob Guillory and John Layman, work on a Deadpool book.

I'd also like to see Dan Mora, currently drawing Hexed, on All-New Ghost Rider.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chaing do a DAREDEVIL mini, or ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chaing do a DAREDEVIL mini, or ongoing.
    Yes please!

Or Azz with Risso. Seriously. I would pay 5 bucks an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'd also like to see Dan Mora, currently drawing Hexed, on All-New Ghost Rider.
    Or Emma Rios, former Hexed artist (and cover artist for the current volume), doing an issue of it. I really do want her to do an issue of All-New Ghost Rider. I think she's actually got a perfect style for it. She does motion better than any other artist, and she does quiet scenes filled with tension. Mora's a solid artist. But Rios is amazing.

Jen Van Meter should write the next volume of Young Avengers. With at least one issue drawn (and co-written) by Bryan Lee O'Malley.