Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Guardians of the Galaxy Annual, #1

Most days in space aren't exactly what you'd call normal, but everything seemed to be status quo today. That is until a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier showed up out of nowhere...IN SPACE. Sometimes you have to go outside your jurisdiction to take care of business, but this might be stretching it a bit.

Full article here.

Two pages of talking heads haha.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Two pages of talking heads haha.
    Just an avarage Bendys comics for us!

Amazing Member

What the hell is up with Gamora's ass there? I thought comics artists were supposed to be getting away from that kind of "art".

What, nobody in comics is supposed to have an ass?
    I think she is just walking in front of the camera. Let's don't start thumping those bibles yet.
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!

Cho is crushing those expressions. And those are NOT easy expressions to pull off without making the character's face look fugly. But he did it. He did it well.

Well done, Cho.

Also, that bit about being "still alive" got me. Nice one, Brian.

Amazing Member

Yeah, the "two pages of talking heads" was hysterical. I want *more* stuff like that. (The Gamora butt thing was definitely a little much. I definitely eye-rolled--Marvel's face expressions were perfect though (as were Rocket's).)

At least the Gamora butt shot was for comedic effect, right? So its not just "hey sexy lady!" but more "ha ha ha, wtf" right?

Love the touch of humor and the humility that Carol shows. It's one of her many endearing features. I'm really looking forward to this. Carol has fit in nicely in Guardians of the Galaxy. Her chemistry with Rocket and Groot alone make this a title worth buying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Aaron View Post
    Yeah, the "two pages of talking heads" was hysterical. I want *more* stuff like that. (The Gamora butt thing was definitely a little much. I definitely eye-rolled--Marvel's face expressions were perfect though (as were Rocket's).)
    I wouldn't recommend buying this if that panel bothered you. You realize Cho not drawing the female form as much as he possibly can is like asking him not to breathe? Heh. It's going to happen fairly often in this issue.

That is some great sequential art there. Putting down those expressions and keeping that pace in a single still camera position is awesome work.

Expressions in panels 6, 7, and 8 are particularly awesome.

It's impressive. I have read too much Bendis comics where the artist just copy-pasted the same illustration for all the talking heads.
    Props to Cho for not being lazy.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    What, nobody in comics is supposed to have an ass?
    I think she is just walking in front of the camera. Let's don't start thumping those bibles yet.
    I agree. Mostly everyone I know has a butt. I roll my eyes when I see artists actually evading female curves. They are drawing straight lines for butts or sagging uniform backsides which make it appear that women have nothing to sit on. NEWS FLASH, people, women have butts! Most are not built straight up and down. The butt is comprised of various muscles, including the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS! Get real. The butt in the picture shown is not even large, it is just a butt. I see more butt exposed living in the desert.

When I was in elementary school, the only way to tell boys from girls was by the faces and hair. The little girls had no chests and no butts. However, that is not the reality of most grown ups. Susan Storm should not be shaped like Reed Richards.
    Last edited by 50yearoldNovafan; 12-05-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's impressive. I have read too much Bendis comics where the artists (Maleev, Gaydos and others...) just copy-pasted the same illustration for all the talking heads.
    Props to Cho for not being lazy.
    Fixed.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    I agree. Mostly everyone I know has a butt. I roll my eyes when I see artists actually evading female curves. They are drawing straight lines for butts or sagging uniform backsides which make it appear that women have nothing to sit on. NEWS FLASH, people, women have butts! Most are not built straight up and down. The butt is comprised of various muscles, including the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS! Get real. The butt in the picture shown is not even large, it is just a butt. I see more butt exposed living in the desert.
    everybody has a butt, even many guys have much better butts than women. Also many artists do not even draw bulges...if a artist draw big bulges it's the end of world.

Now Cho really exagerated, Gamora uses armor.

Anyway Cho is pretty good at expressions, really impressive work here.