Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    I agree. Mostly everyone I know has a butt. I roll my eyes when I see artists actually evading female curves. They are drawing straight lines for butts or sagging uniform backsides which make it appear that women have nothing to sit on. NEWS FLASH, people, women have butts! Most are not built straight up and down. The butt is comprised of various muscles, including the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS! Get real. The butt in the picture shown is not even large, it is just a butt. I see more butt exposed living in the desert.

When I was in elementary school, the only way to tell boys from girls was by the faces and hair. The little girls had no chests and no butts. However, that is not the reality of most grown ups. Susan Storm should not be shaped like Reed Richards.
    I don't have a problem with her butt being visible at all. Like you said, people have butts and we see them everyday. I could tell this booty was emphasized though which made it just sorta feel a little comedic yet a little disappointing because Gamora essentially got reduced to a butt with a green woman attached to it. That bordered on bad taste to me because Gamora is more than that. It didn't bother me as much as the "shocker" panel which made me wish these particular characters weren't so appealing to kids. It was funny, especially given Carol's expression, but still kinda bothered the parent in me.

Edit: auto-correct sucks mightily!

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    everybody has a butt, even many guys have much better butts than women. Also many artists do not even draw bulges...if a artist draw big bulges it's the end of world.

Now Cho really exagerated, Gamora uses armor.

Anyway Cho is pretty good at expressions, really impressive work here.
    You think Cho exaggerated the booty? And then you said she uses armor (which is only recently the case). If you put armor on her, the butt would be really out there. And if it was exaggerated, it would have looked like a Kardashian.

To me, this butt looks like a little pinch. You almost couldn't make it any smaller. When I was growing up, when we saw someone who had no bump for a butt, we called it a "booty-back," because the back flowed right into the butt and you could hardly see the transition. Women should not be drawn with a booty-back.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Didn't really expect to say it, but Cho might draw the best Rocket Racoon.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Man, aren't Annuals usually written by people who are not writing the main series. At least, that's how it seems to be recently. I don't have an urge to go out and read more mediocre Bendis Guardians.

I like Cho. People who have a problem with Gamora's ass will probably not enjoy the rest of it. Cho unashamedly loves his curvy woman. I think his Rocket is really bad though, looks like a dog.a

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    You think Cho exaggerated the booty? And then you said she uses armor (which is only recently the case). If you put armor on her, the butt would be really out there. And if it was exaggerated, it would have looked like a Kardashian.

To me, this butt looks like a little pinch. You almost couldn't make it any smaller. When I was growing up, when we saw someone who had no bump for a butt, we called it a "booty-back," because the back flowed right into the butt and you could hardly see the transition. Women should not be drawn with a booty-back.
    well some women doesn't have booty, so I think is fair a diversity of different bodies.

it was exagerated, but it was proportional to gamora body different of kardashian case

BANNED

Talking heads by Bendis, we meet again. Great expressions by Cho though his Rocket needs more improvement, couldn't tell if it was a dog or an otter.
    As to the shameless ass shot, its by Cho what do expect my advice don't buy it like me or just Bryne read it at a comic shop.

Astonishing Member

Cho is very good artist, but she would have to have a serious wedgie going on for her outfit to show off the crack of her ass that way. It's a bit much.

Ugh, this writing is terrible imo. Guardians has turned into a jokey book of mischaracterization.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

very very happy to see people giving cho the props he deserves for these well done facial expressions.
    thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
    What the hell is up with Gamora's ass there? I thought comics artists were supposed to be getting away from that kind of "art".
    1.) why do you put art in ""? just cus your not a fan does not make it a illegitimate form or art or entertainment.
    2.) they are not supposed to get away from anything, certain groups of people are demanding they do so, but thats not necessarily what they are Supposed to do.
    3.) with female readers having around 13 female lead ongoings with little to zero cheesecake/sex appeal in them (along with more on the way), and guys only have 2, both with poor art, i think its more than fair for guys getting to have a single annual with such inside with a great artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    At least the Gamora butt shot was for comedic effect, right? So its not just "hey sexy lady!" but more "ha ha ha, wtf" right?
    i personally would think thats worse. its treating the female form as a joke, instead of something beautiful deserving of being seen and our appreciation.
    not to say im not ok with it being used for comedic effect, but i just don't see it as being more 'respectful" than just enjoying it for what it naturally is.

Gamora uses armor.
    the white padding is armor, the black areas are kind of a form fitting elastic material, allows freedom of movement. (i realize the colorist did not properly color her butt or gave it a reflection but, her butt area is covered by the elastic, and not the armor.

if you have a problem with her butt not being covered by the armor, take it up with Steve Mcniven who designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    yet a little disappointing because Gamora essentially got reduced to a butt with a green woman attached to it.
    That bordered on bad taste to me because Gamora is more than that.
    with all dew respect... so?
    its one panel, why can we not enjoy her physically beauty for these 2 panels?, for all you know in a few pages she will give a badass speech, then we can appreciate her for her characterization, willpower & personality, and after that might be several pages of her kicking serious butt, then we will appreciate her for her badassery, we can't appreciate or acknowledge a entire characters being every single panel. we appreciate whats happening or focused on in said panel, so here we will appreciate her beauty and also her resentful facial expression being sent towards carol.
    like if a see a particularly well rendered version of superman's outfit, im going to be thinking about how awesome the outfit looks not about the character as a whole.
    or if a see a panel of a character punching another character, im probably going to be thinking about the punch and not the characters as fully rounded beings. its the nature of panel by panel storytelling, its not wrong or objectifying, its simply us focusing on specific aspects of a character at certain times instead of the whole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    the white padding is armor, the black areas are kind of a form fitting elastic material, allows freedom of movement. (i realize the colorist did not properly color her butt or gave it a reflection but, her butt area is covered by the elastic, and not the armor.

if you have a problem with her butt not being covered by the armor, take it up with Steve Mcniven who designed it.

Cho design is different.

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post

1.) why do you put art in ""? just cus your not a fan does not make it a illegitimate form or art or entertainment.
    2.) they are not supposed to get away from anything, certain groups of people are demanding they do so, but thats not necessarily what they are Supposed to do.
    3.) with female readers having around 13 female lead ongoings with little to zero cheesecake/sex appeal in them (along with more on the way), and guys only have 2, both with poor art, i think its more than fair for guys getting to have a single annual with such inside with a great artist.
    I wonder when girls will get something with beefcake for them
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-05-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Maybe they should ask for more beefcake instead of asking for less cheesecake.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Is this the first time Cho's drawn Carol Danvers since Mighty Avengers v1? I liked that book. It's cool to see this creative team back together. His art works better for the tone Bendis' GOTG stuff is going for, I think. Leaves him lots of space for speech balloons.

BANNED

1.) I Don't Imagine it would sell, they can't get what they don't ask for. i have never heard any female readers asking for beefcake other than when its what your doing asking for it just cus male readers already have there version of it. so im not sure how many female readers actually care.
    2.) that said I would be absolutely 100% fine with female readers getting such and im glad they are getting female titles for themselves, im just saying leave us a few for ourselves also. fairness and balance.
    3.) critics would say its not genuine for female beefcake and just write it off as male power fantasy crap instead.
    4.)

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Maybe they should ask for more beefcake instead of asking for less cheesecake.
    this... so much this

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Is this the first time Cho's drawn Carol Danvers since Mighty Avengers v1? I liked that book. It's cool to see this creative team back together. His art works better for the tone Bendis' GOTG stuff is going for, I think. Leaves him lots of space for speech balloons.
    I wasn't a fan of the comic but Cho drew Carol in AvX #0.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cho is very good artist, but she would have to have a serious wedgie going on for her outfit to show off the crack of her ass that way. It's a bit much.
    I showed the picture to my wife, who is 46 years old. She saw no problem with Gamora's butt. She thinks some of you are a bit out there with the butt complaint.
    Last edited by 50yearoldNovafan; 12-05-2014 at 07:13 PM.