Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by True Herald View Post
    So you agree that I am right to blame him for something that YOU YOURSELF describe as "pure BS". That's all I needed to know.
    You are right to blame him for that thing but to blame him for everything dark?..The Fridging scandal happened way before Didio

"It's not what the story's about, but how it's about what it's about."
    - Roger Ebert
    Death is death,gory or not doesnt matter considering it was the title used to sell millions so anyone going in knew what was the endgame
    Last edited by Kryptoniac; 12-05-2014 at 01:05 PM.

In a book specifically labelled as being for mature readers, as opposed to not even being able to buy an UNlabelled major crossover without coming across the Freedom Fighters being massacred (particularly Phantom Lady), or Sue Dibny being raped.

At least readers got to CHOOSE whether or not a character got to live, for once. Too bad that he wasn't popular enough.
    Excuses excuses, Mature or not, it involved DC heroes did it not? and you'd going to defend Todd getting beating to death as the readers fault ? wow just wow beat if it was During Didio's time it would be Dan and the gang amrite?

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I'm only getting more and more excited the more announcements are made. I think I'm probably part of the target audience here. There are things I don't like about the post-flashpoint universe, how we got here (Flashpoint) is without question the thing I like least about it. There's a lot I really dig about it too. I didn't want a reboot and I don't want one now but I don't think the DCU is currently living up to its potential and I think the potential changes being teased would be for the best.

Only comics can really give us who like a complex universe what we want and really, only the big two have the resources to pull it off. I read tons of creator owned stuff but while some of those may be some of my favorite titles There's no where else to go for a complex, shared universe and that's something that's important to me (and others).

Anyway, I don't think I've been as excited for DC comics since Final Crisis was announced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I actually find the idea rather creepy...that a comic company would invite its audience to participate in a Roman-arena style vote to condemn a fictional minor to a brutal death at the hands of a psychopath.
    The audience had every opportunity to choose NOT to have Jason die. *shrug*

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The audience had every opportunity to choose NOT to have Jason die. *shrug*
    The very idea of setting it up for a vote is creepy in of itself.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think he's lost interest in that, and besides, there's no more Nightwing to kill. Dick Grayson is now an agent of SPYRAL.

yes, but there is a pre flashpoint Nightwing who is married to Barbara Gordon available in Convergence, the Spyral Grayson would be alive and well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Excuses excuses
    It's not an excuse. If I know beforehand that it's a "mature readers" book, with the sort of material that often entails, I am able to choose not to read it. Whereas with unlabelled books like Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis, I didn't know that I was going to run up against that crap until it was too late.

Mature or not, it involved DC heroes did it not?
    Still didn't revel in the gore like several pages of Sobek eating Osiris did, did it?

and you'd going to defend Todd getting beating to death as the readers fault ?
    Again, the audience chose that fate for the character. If the vote had gone Jason's way, he would have been spared. It IS the readers' fault.

Hitchcock style killing is still killing, there's a reason Norman bates is still a popular villian

It sounds more like Dan Didio is trying to get me to buy all these DC Comics . . . uhm, no. Just Multiversity. You're track record on delivery is worse than UPS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    You are right to blame him for that thing but to blame him for everything dark?..The Fridging scandal happened way before Didio

Death is death,gory or not doesnt matter considering it was the title used to sell millions so anyone going in knew what was the endgame
    Yes, it does matter. Ask the MPAA; a gory death on screen is going to net your movie an R, whereas we've seen any number of animated Disney villains die bloodless deaths (if not a completely off-screen "assumed demise"), and those movies have never gone past a PG rating.

I repeat:
    "It's not what the story's about, but HOW it's about what it's about."
    - Roger Ebert

It's not an excuse. If I know beforehand that it's a "mature readers" book, with the sort of material that often entails, I am able to choose not to read it. Whereas with unlabelled books like Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis, I didn't know that I was going to run up against that crap until it was too late.

Still didn't revel in the gore like several pages of Sobek eating Osiris did, did it?
    Nah it just Tortured poor Babara gordon in the worse possible way are you sure you want to defend that story? because nothing DC has done since then as even come close to that.

BANNED

Hitchcock style killing is still killing, there's a reason Norman bates is still a popular villian
    And you notice that Hitchcock's stories are ALL THE BETTER for NOT showing every bit of gore. Thank you for helping me make this point.

BANNED

Nah it just Tortured poor Babara gordon in the worse possible way are you sure you want to defend that story? because nothing DC has done since then as even come close to that.
    So you haven't read any of the DiDio-era stories I've mentioned, or even ones I haven't mentioned, like Wendy and Marvin being mauled by "Wonder Dog". Good to know.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

There's also what happened to Dinah in THE LONGBOW HUNTERS...that preceded Sue Dibney in IDENTITY CRISIS by a number of years.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

And you notice that Hitchcock's stories are ALL THE BETTER for NOT showing every bit of gore. Thank you for helping me make this point.
    Define better, because i'm pretty sure they're not kid friendly they're actually creepy so no didn't help you make your point.