Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Harley Quinn
    Deadshot

Okay. In the run previous to this one, you had El Diablo, Voltaic, King Shark, Yo-Yo, Savant, Lime, Light, Black Spider, half of whom DIED.

It's like people think Suicide Squad in New 52 is just Harley Quinn, Deadshot and Amanda Waller running around by themselves. They even had Captain Boomerang appear to be killed early on and he only showed up like 10 issues later.
    Yeah I was taking about the current version. Deathstroke just doesn't belong on the Suicide Squad.
    For the most part I enjoyed the New 52 Suicide Squad. I wish Kot would've gotten to stay on the title longer. But the recent relaunch has been horrible! But I would celebrate this run if they would kill off Joker's Daughter.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-06-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    What is it?

Gov't sponsored hunger games where the villains are trying to get reduced sentences by risking life and limb
    Villains who can still do good things and eventually be redeemed
    or
    A vehicle to showcase villains having carte blanche to be bad and told they are being good.

With the new movie drawing close I think it would be good to establish what the book is about. Its been a lot of things but the ostrander run seems to be the fan favorite. Currently the title seems to be a showcase for popular villains to show up and play hero for a bit. Is there room for anything deeper than that?
    ANSWER: Z/None of the above.

It's the US govt. using known bad/evil people to do their dirtiest of dirty work while claiming plausible deniability.

Maybe add more villains like Metallo, Boomerang, Tattooed man, Giganta, Vertigo, Lionmane, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I was taking about the current version. Deathstroke just doesn't belong on the Suicide Squad.
    For the most part I enjoyed the New 52 Suicide Squad. I wish Kot would've gotten to stay on the title longer. But the recent relaunch has been horrible! But I would celebrate this run if they would kill off Joker's Daughter.
    If you are talking about the current version then you know Deathstroke was only in the Squad for 1 issue when he betrayed the team and was out of it from that point, becoming an enemy, and that Joker's Daughter was already removed after being incapacitated by her own team because she was directly derailing the team.

I agree on the relaunch being horrible because the writer and artist are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    If you are talking about the current version then you know Deathstroke was only in the Squad for 1 issue when he betrayed the team and was out of it from that point, becoming an enemy, and that Joker's Daughter was already removed after being incapacitated by her own team because she was directly derailing the team.

I agree on the relaunch being horrible because the writer and artist are atrocious.
    I dropped it after the second issue. It was just so bad. A very bad move on DC's part as the team is getting a huge boost in popularity because of Arrow, Assault on Arkham, and of course the movie. They need a better writer on that book like yesterday.

Side note, I wish they would tone down Harley's costume. I love what Amanda Conner has done with her look in her own book but her current costume in Suicide Squad is terrible. Loose the little cape and frilled collar at least. And the make up on her eyes is too much like Lobo and The Crow. It's not necessary.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Don't like the current team at all, but the book has a ton of potential. I really wish Ales Kot got to do his thing since I really loved his two issues.

I guess I'd keep Harley Quinn since like it or not, she's the big draw. She's a huge character now. Once Will Smith is Deadshot, he'll have Star-Lord type popularity for sure.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Don't like the current team at all, but the book has a ton of potential. I really wish Ales Kot got to do his thing since I really loved his two issues.

I guess I'd keep Harley Quinn since like it or not, she's the big draw. She's a huge character now. Once Will Smith is Deadshot, he'll have Star-Lord type popularity for sure.
    Yeah... I thought Harley should be removed from the Suicide Squad and it should go back to being C/D listers; now with Harley in the movie, that probably won't happen. Although, this isn't Marvel so I have hope.

I hope with the movie coming up DC tries to push a new creative team because if new suicide squad is people's introduction to comics, then they ain't sticking around.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    I don't think that's the point. I think the point is that villains want to do evil things and now they're given a release to do those things by the government. I think it also is about how the desires of the government aren't achieved by Superman saving Metropolis but by Deadshot infiltrating Khandaq. They join the Suicide Squad knowing that they'll die not because they want to escape. In the early Ostrander run, I think half of them were ex-heroes.
    I think even think Batman was a member of the Suicide Squad in the 80's.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I think even think Batman was a member of the Suicide Squad in the 80's.
    I know he was in the series for a couple of issues but I don't remember him being part of the team. It would be counter intuitive; he's not a criminal and he's a public hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    I hope with the movie coming up DC tries to push a new creative team because if new suicide squad is people's introduction to comics, then they ain't sticking around.
    Exactly. These current dudes are completely obliterating the series. These have been the worst issues I've read since Kot's first issue and Kindt's entire run.

It would be cool if they could get Adam Glass back because he was consistent and could write a long story without restarting all the time.