Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are your Favorite Alt./Non Canon version of Spider-Man?

Spider-Verse has got me thinking - which is horrible on to itself - about all of the different incarnations of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. There are many different takes on him in his 50 year history - Manga verse, Reign, MC2, Noir, India, Zombie Spider-Man etc., - and with such a selection one has to wonder - which is your favorite?

I consider the 616 Spider-Man to be canon as he is the Spider-Man whom other stories are spun.

That said - MC2 Peter Parker is hands down my favorite Spider-Man.

Why?

MC2 Spider-Man shows progression of the character, with Peter meeting his obvious fate while fighting Norman Osborn (hurt to the point of putting up the webs), using science in his daily life, continuation of his Spider-Man connections, great storyline with Normie Osborn, and shows Peter to be an overall somewhat responsible individual. - Plus the series is written by Tom DeFalco with great art.

What are you favorite takes?

What if's are included.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

BANNED

Got a soft spot for Noir. Just has a great costume design and I've always dug that particular era.

It's always interesting to see other cultures' take on Peter like India and Manga. Underlines what a universal concept Spidey is and how easily he can be assimilated into different aesthetics, more so than any other American superhero.

The 90's cartoon version. He was my introduction to Spider-Man to begin with.

Noir hands down. It felt like a great gritty spiderman.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Pre-OMD Spider-Man

iMan 42s

Scarlet spider (Ben and Kaine)

Kaine had a link to my other favorite spiderman Ben Reilly and had this cool dynamic with him. Kaine could be his own man when compared to Peter Parker and wasn't an idiot about the no killing rule superheroes have. Kaine even had a terrific supporting cast and you feel as if Kaine is honestly trying to be a better person when he has his moments with them. His costume is also just as iconic in my opinion as Peter's. It wasn't to busy but it wasn't simple either.

Edit-I know he isn't AU but Kaine is pretty far removed from Peter normally as it is that I might as well say he operated in his own world. For AU I'll say 2099'
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 12-06-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

I'd refer to 616 Spidey as the original, or the classic Spider-Man.

Ultimate's excellent, although it's almost cheating given the amount of material.

My favorite obscure Alt U Spidey is the one from What If? #88 "Arachnomorphosis" reimaginging Peter's story as a monster comic, with Peter mutating into something unusual about twenty years after the spider bite, worried that he has passed it on to his son Ben.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Miguel O' Hara, Spidey 2099--he counts as an alternate Spider-man if not an alt Peter Parker.

I think he's one of the most fleshed-out and fully-realized alternate Spidey's, from an interesting future world, and who has an excellent costume--one so good they didn't have to change a thing about it 20 years later.

Fantastic Member

Because they are genuinely great characters …

The Spectacular Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2099

MC2 Peter*

The Scarlet Spiders (Ben, Kaine, and Ultimate Jessica*)

Superior Spider-Man

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man – Still the best use of Spider-Man in the Avengers.

*Yes, I actually prefer them to their universe’s primary Spider-People

Because they are ridiculous (in a good way) …

Twisted Toyfare Theater Spidey

Amazing Friends Spidey

60s Cartoon Spidey

Super Stories Spidey

Petey Parker

Bullpin Bits / Mini Marvels Spidey

Honorable mention to Noir just because of his great costume.

BANNED

My favorite Spidey is Miles Morales, the new hotness.

Ben Reilly & Mayday Parker are the other alternate Spideys' I'm most fond of. I grew up in the 90s.

special shout out to Amalgam's awesome mix of Spider-Man & Superboy, Spider-Boy. He wore a leather jacket. And shot webs out of a gun.
    Last edited by Heisennerd; 12-07-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Spectacular. Definitely Spectacular.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Miguel O'hara is my favourite spider-man. I prefer him over Peter Parker.

Spiderman noir and Mc2 Peter are awesome.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I liked the Spider-Man from Marvel Universe Millennial Visions 2001, the one who borrowed Spider-Man 2099's color palette and fought against the evil megacorporation Oscorp.

Of the recent Spider-Verse offerings, my favorites are (besides Spider-Gwen) Aaron Aikman, the Spider-Man and Peni Parker/SP//dr, largely for the manga influence that went into them both. The Spider-Man reminds me more of 1970s/1980s manga/anime and Peni/SP//dr reminds me more of gritty 90s sci-fi manga/anime. Both of them were very intriguing new worlds that I wish I could see more of (still hoping Aaron didn't die at Morlun's hands, and liking SP//dr's cameo in the latest Amazing).
    The spider is always on the hunt.