Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Dr. Minerva become a member of GoTG?

Ever since her debut on ASM #7, Dr. Minvera seems to have become quite obsessed with Earthlings. Was she responsible for creating Kamala Khan's shape changing powers? There isn't a whole lot of background to her history. Perhaps she could either become part of Guardians of the Galaxy as a Knee ambassador in charge with scientific research. Or Dr. Minvera could work for Parker Industries under a different identity. What do you guys think about Dr. Minvera being a member of GoTG or Parker Industries?

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Ever since her debut on ASM #7, Dr. Minvera seems to have become quite obsessed with Earthlings. Was she responsible for creating Kamala Khan's shape changing powers? There isn't a whole lot of background to her history. Perhaps she could either become part of Guardians of the Galaxy as a Knee ambassador in charge with scientific research. Or Dr. Minvera could work for Parker Industries under a different identity. What do you guys think about Dr. Minvera being a member of GoTG or Parker Industries?
    Debut means first appearance. You posted her handbook page with her first appearance listed as Captain Marvel #50 and yet you still say her debut was in ASM #7. You say her history has no background, but her background is right on the handbook page (the bibliography).

Are you putting the bad doctor on the same pedestal you put Black Cat, Black Widow and She-Hulk on?

BTW, Kamala Khan has Inhuman genes. That's the source of her powers.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Astonishing Member

Dr. Minvera used inhuman genes on herself and turned into a monster. She wants to harvest those inhuman genes and give it to her people to become their own version of Super Skulls. I think that she'll be a Ms. Marvel villain from now on. Although, I expect that Spider-Man will not see the last of her either. She has the power to crush both Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man easily. But she decides to fly away as if her plans were not authorized by her Knee Superiors.

But she decides to fly away as if her plans were not authorized by her Knee Superiors.
    Because they weren't authorized at all.

Also, spell it right. It's Skrull and Kree
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Because they weren't authorized at all.

Also, spell it right. It's Skrull and Kree
    I guess that Minvera is working for someone else behind the scene. Also, she has always been obsessed with Earthlings ever since her first mission. I suppose her real motive is interspecies cross breading by her own design.

I guess that Minvera is working for someone else behind the scene. Also, she has always been obsessed with Earthlings ever since her first mission. I suppose her real motive is interspecies cross breading by her own design.
    Or more likely she's just out for her own genetic benefit and is essentially telling the rest of the Kree to screw off by not sharing her research with any of them.

Astonishing Member

Or more likely she's just out for her own genetic benefit and is essentially telling the rest of the Kree to screw off by not sharing her research with any of them.
    I agree that Minvera is doing this for her own benefit. But it looks like Earth is now her research playground. When I read ASM #8, we never got to see where the captured pod was going to. It should have been a full 2-part story instead of a half story. I wonder if Minvera would be willing to work with the Jackal on genetic research involving Spider-Man's DNA and combine it with her own Inhuman and Kree DNA findings? It's funny that when she turned into Bridezilla, Minvera couldn't even beat Ms. Marvel or Spider-Man in that form, which she felt was her superior self creation. LOL

This is pretty up-to-date on Minerva, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Minerva

I doubt that Dr. Minerva is going to be a recurring foe of Spider-Man. It was just a crossover to introduce more people to the new Ms. Marvel. I think, if anything, the story will continue in the Ms. Marvel book. I don't know because I don't read it. Perhaps someone that reads the book can clue me in.
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    This is pretty up-to-date on Minerva, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Minerva

I doubt that Dr. Minerva is going to be a recurring foe of Spider-Man. It was just a crossover to introduce more people to the new Ms. Marvel. I think, if anything, the story will continue in the Ms. Marvel book. I don't know because I don't read it. Perhaps someone that reads the book can clue me in.
    The Spidey crossover is taking place at a much later point in time than the current story-arc in Ms. Marvel. Currently, Kamala is still just getting through her first month as a superhero and dealing with this guy, The Inventor (who's apparently a bird-headed clone of Thomas Edison with robot arms):
    15-ms-marvel-7-thomas-edison.jpg

The Spidey crossover is taking place at a much later point in time than the current story-arc in Ms. Marvel. Currently, Kamala is still just getting through her first month as a superhero and dealing with this guy, The Inventor (who's apparently a bird-headed clone of Thomas Edison with robot arms):
    15-ms-marvel-7-thomas-edison.jpg
    What the? That's like Steve Gerber-level weirdness right there. Maybe I'll give Ms. Marvel a look.
    When the fire blows

Astonishing Member

I rather see her be a big time villian. she.is.pretty unique in the super villian world anx would make.a.good foe cor all the female led books from marvel.

Here we go again

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dr. Minerva in Parker Industries: Instant No-Fit.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Dr. Minerva in Parker Industries: Instant No-Fit.
    Agreed, that's like Thanos taking Peter Parker' s job at the Daily bugle.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Or Dr. Minvera could work for Parker Industries under a different identity. What do you guys think about Dr. Minvera being a member of GoTG or Parker Industries?
    . . . You're just trolling at this point, aren't you? Seriously, are there any female characters anywhere in the Marvel Universe that you don't want tied to Spider-Man? Or do you want every female character to be a Spider-Man supporting character? What's your next great idea, Freyja leaves Odin for Spider-Man? Maybe Galacta can be his new protege?

No. Her motive is advancement of the Kree race. For years, she wanted to mate with Mar-Vell, specifically because she felt the two of them would have children who would be superior. She's never cared for inter-species breeding, and even in the Spider-Man story, she wanted the NuHuman so she could find ways to create the same mutations in Kree.

Her not sharing her research is actually more a result of her not being in particularly good standing with the Kree. She's seen as a bit of a nut. Just the same, all her work is for what she believes to be the benefit of the Kree.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    What the? That's like Steve Gerber-level weirdness right there. Maybe I'll give Ms. Marvel a look.
    That is, indeed, some very high praise. And yeah, a clone of Thomas Edison with a parakeet head is the kind of thing that Steve Gerber probably would've come up with.