Question Final Crisis: New Edition

Final Crisis has major flaws, but I like re-reading it. Comixology has it for US$ 4.99 and I'm THIS close to buying it.

However, I'd like to know if I should just go pick up a physical copy, even if it's costlier.

I'm particularly curious about the 3D Superman Beyond issues. Does the Final Crisis New Edition TPB print these issues in 3-D, with glasses to go with it?

In general, for someone who likes Final Crisis warts and all and wants to read the New Edition, should I go Comixology or physical copy?

BANNED

I wouldn't imagine they'd try and sell the book without the 3D glasses if they have that effect. They didn't with the old TPB, where Superman Beyond was in the normal format (thankfully).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh man, does that include all of the Absolute edition bonus material (I just see it says it "includes pages" from it)? Because if so, I might have to get this too. Hell of a lot cheaper than shelling out for the big volume.
    Buh-bye

Amazing Member

^i'm curious about that too. wondering if the extra pages are worth double-dipping for. couldn't care less about the 3d though

The new edition includes the two "lost chapters" of Batman RIP (#'s 701 & 702) too, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sicsexsix View Post
    The new edition includes the two "lost chapters" of Batman RIP (#'s 701 & 702) too, doesn't it?
    Nope. It's got 682-683.
    Buh-bye

I've got the old edition and the Absolute, so I'm probably a bit biased on my opinion.

I don't think the New paperback edition has the 3-D, as it doesn't come with a pair of glasses. I certainly enjoyed reading those issues in 3-D, but for a re-reading factor it does kind of get in the way. With that in mind, you may as well get it on comixology.

Amazing Member

I have both editions and the absolute and can confirm the new edition matches the absolute. This includes he two Batman issues plus the new pages from issue 7 drawn by manke for the absolute and the prologue story from dc universe 0.

Thanks Noxex! Does that include the backmatter (I.E. Secret Files)?
    Buh-bye

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

This may be slightly hijacking the thread, but does the Standard Edition Final Crisis TPB contain Submit and Superman Beyond, as well as the main series? And if it does include Superman Beyond, is it in 3D or 2D?

All-New Member

Superman Beyond and Submit are in every collected edition to date, but only the Absolute has SB in 3D.

Well, I never really got the answer to the question I was asking, so I missed the sale.
    Buh-bye