I beat Rakzo to the punch! It's that time of year to reflect on your comic book reading and make lists and awards of what you liked (or didn't like) about the DCU!

Yes, just the DCU (don't want any posters or Kurt Busiek arguing semantics now. But yeah, DC YOU, no Vertigo). Here are mine:

Ongoing - Grayson
For me, it was between Grayson, Swamp Thing, and Azzarello's Wonder Woman. Simply put, Grayson has cool ideas, great storytelling, emotion, and dialog. The art and writing are both top notch.

Writer - Charles Soule
Swamp Thing was great. SM/WW was really good. I read a lot of praise for Red Lanterns. Soule just had the best overall, extended body of work, imo, in the DCU. He will be sorely missed...

Artist - Mikel Janin
Was tough between him and Patch Zircher. But Janin's work on JLD and Grayson were just a marvel to look at. Especially Grayson. A relatively quiet year for some of DC's big hitters - Frank, Stewart, Kubert, Paquette, etc, though Reis, Rocafort, and Mahnke delivered great, consistent work as usual. But Janin really has a nice style and balance to his work that I enjoy.

Issue - The Multiversity: Pax Americana
Not sure if this needs an explanation. Possibly the greatest single-issue comic story ever?

Cover - Green Arrow #30
Any of the covers from GA #27-31 could've got it. I chose #30 simply due to its symmetry. Also, Superman #33 and the Cooke December variants were all great.

Mini-series/Event - Forever Evil
While Multiversity has been obviously great (even better than Forever Evil), I just liked Forever Evil and its focus on the DC villains that I love so much. Some decent twists and nice storytelling on Johns' part.

New Ongoing - Grayson
I try to avoid repetition, but Grayson wins here again...

Moment - the ending of All-Star Western
A nice little happy ending that made me smile inside.

New Talent - Kate Perkins
Tim Seeley seemed like the obvious choice... but he debuted for the DCU in 2013! Nyuck nyuck nyuck. Garry Brown and Babs Tarr are great artists I've come to really love. Brenden Fletcher has been co-killing it on Batgirl and Gotham Academy. But the past couple issues of Supergirl have been a real treat. I love the new direction and vibe of the title. I think it can be something really nice. Hopefully the title gains some stability w/ a long-term writer, and hopefully it's Kate Perkins!

Feel free to use my template or post your own. Congrats to all the winners and Happy New Year, everyone!