1 3.23%
  • Tech Jacket #6

1 3.23%
  • Tooth & Claw #2

6 19.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Default Image Comic of the Week - 12/3/2014

I didn't see any topic on this anywhere, so i thought it make it. Last week's winner went to Lazarus #13 in a rather big landslide, with the closest titles for second being Sheltered, Ody-C, and Oddly Normal all at 3 votes. Let's see what happens this week!

Also, no new titles from Image this week as well so kind of a slow week in a way.

Anyways, here's what I read. Not much from the Image this time around, though quite a few from the Indie & Manga scene.

Chew #45
    Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma Vol. 3
    Sonic Boom #2
    Wolf Moon #1 (Definitely worth a look if you want to read a werewolf comic)
    World Trigger Vol. 3
    Hinterkind #13

Also busy reading Assassination Classroom Vol. 1, but whatever. The big winner for the week for me was Chew #45. Easily one of the best comics of the week and I'm super excited to see where the series goes from here.

Just Low and Tooth & Claw for me this week. I voted for Low as this issue was phenomenal. The art was exceptional yet again, I just can't say enough good things about Tocchini's work on this book.

Thanks for making this poll, InfoGeek. I accidentally clicked on my second favorite comics this week, Five Ghosts, but my favorite, as usual, was God Hates Astronauts.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Hi guys! Sorry couldn't wake a topic this week. Going to be traveling a lot this month to visit family for the holidays, don't know how much time I'll be able to keep up reading comics. Will be checking in to see what's trending with you guys. Happy Holidays everyone!
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Fantastic Member

Just two comics for me this week. But my favorite was Chew 45, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Thanks for making this poll, InfoGeek.
    Glad to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hi guys! Sorry couldn't wake a topic this week. Going to be traveling a lot this month to visit family for the holidays, don't know how much time I'll be able to keep up reading comics. Will be checking in to see what's trending with you guys. Happy Holidays everyone!
    Alright enjoy yourself. We'll cover these pools for ya while you are busy. Happy holidays.

Not to nerd out too much here, but I am digging the Image/indie comic community we got going on here.

Happy holidays, everyone!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

A solid week from Image on my pull list. Enjoyed Five Ghosts, Low, and Tooth and Claw, but voted for Five Ghosts as that is my favorite series of the three. Still undecided on if tooth and claw is for me...the art is really beautiful though.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Hmmm... First week in ages I haven't had an image book in my pulls.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Chew had the biggest shocker of the week, but I enjoyed Tooth and Claw more as a story. Birthright is a distant third again. I'm past the halfway point, so I'll probably finish out the arc. Still not really hooked, though.

Low, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    Low, so good.
    Yup.
    10char

Mildly annoyed at some shipping delays here lately. Still waiting on ODY-C #1, and this week Feathers #1, God Hates Astronauts, AND the finale of ...And Then Emily Was Gone were all delayed too. It's not a huge deal obviously since they're just stories, but it does complicate pre-ordering a little -- do I pre-order Feathers #2 without having read the first one? Or do I kick myself when I don't and #1 turns out to be great? Talk about luxury problems...

But yeah that makes for easy picking I guess; only one I got was Tooth & Claw. Not sure yet on the writing, this is my first ever Busiek comic so not sure what to expect. The world feels very thorougly developed though! Art is phenomenal once again. There's no way on Earth Dewey's gonna be able to this on a monthly basis right? I'm predicting Saga-esque breaks of like 3 months after every arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Not to nerd out too much here, but I am digging the Image/indie comic community we got going on here.
    Yeah we should do our own 'End of the Year' thread in a week or 2. Nothing too fancy and there's way too many (Image) series to turn it into a proper poll without excluding like at least half, but just an informal lil' chat-thread where people can make lists or whatever. Everyone loves lists! We could make up our own awards? In fact I quite like this idea, I'll make the thread in a week or 2 if anyone's interested.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah we should do our own 'End of the Year' thread in a week or 2. Nothing too fancy and there's way too many (Image) series to turn it into a proper poll without excluding like at least half, but just an informal lil' chat-thread where people can make lists or whatever. Everyone loves lists! We could make up our own awards? In fact I quite like this idea, I'll make the thread in a week or 2 if anyone's interested.
    I was thinking of doing that as well for a topic towards the end of the month. What was the best and worst comics from Image this year? Best and worst writers, artists, characters, stories, such and such.

It should be fun since I read probably more Image this year than most, from the very good to the very bad, and I'm already developing a worse of the year list like last year (Marvel and Image a really representing a lot on it though).