0 0%
  • Spawn #249

1 3.23%
  • Tech Jacket #6

1 3.23%
  • Tooth & Claw #2

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some quality books this week, Low got my vote.

• Birthright 4.5/5

• Chew 4.5/5

• Five Ghosts 5/5

• Low 5/5

• God Hates Astronauts 4/5

• Nailbiter 4/5

• Tooth And Claw 4.5/5

A lot of good reading this week but the jaw-dropping art on Low was the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I was thinking of doing that as well for a topic towards the end of the month. What was the best and worst comics from Image this year? Best and worst writers, artists, characters, stories, such and such.

It should be fun since I read probably more Image this year than most, from the very good to the very bad, and I'm already developing a worse of the year list like last year (Marvel and Image a really representing a lot on it though).
    Yeah that would be a great idea, sort of like our own Eisner end of year awards. Would love to hear what our readers think of who's best artist, writer, colorists etc. There were so many series and miniseries that we would've forgotten by now, would love to see them get some recognition. Maybe start with a nomination thread first and then have an actual voting thread?
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    Some quality books this week, Low got my vote.

• Birthright 4.5/5

• Chew 4.5/5

• Five Ghosts 5/5

• Low 5/5

• God Hates Astronauts 4/5

• Nailbiter 4/5

• Tooth And Claw 4.5/5

A lot of good reading this week but the jaw-dropping art on Low was the deciding factor.
    Nice!
    10char
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Yeah that would be a great idea, sort of like our own Eisner end of year awards. Would love to hear what our readers think of who's best artist, writer, colorists etc. There were so many series and miniseries that we would've forgotten by now, would love to see them get some recognition. Maybe start with a nomination thread first and then have an actual voting thread?
    Yeah, I agree with the nomination thread first to help keep the static down a little in the actual voting thread.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I read Chew in trades so that just leaves Low for me but it was great enough that I can't imagine any other series beating it out this week.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Holy crap Chew went with the big shocker this week. It is nice that the story is in a position to wrap up tightly but DAMN I wasn't ready for that.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Yeah, I agree with the nomination thread first to help keep the static down a little in the actual voting thread.
    That's an idea too, though it might be a little too scattered over two threads? I mean no matter how much you little it down, there's no way we could really make it into a poll here anyway. (There's like 15 options max so even if you do categories of only 3 nominees each that's still gonna leave just 5 categories.) I guess a Google Doc/Surveymonkey link would be an option but not sure if people are that interested? Could be wrong but just a regular thread where people can tell about their high- and lowlights would probably suffice, with some suggestions for categories in the first post.
    That gives people the opportunity to motivate choices if they want, or to just not pick any "best new scifi-western" or whatever if they don't want to. Alternatively, if they just wanna write four titles they enjoyed, or talk about non-Image stuff, that's cool too? If someone's feeling dilligent they can always add up the numbers in January to see what 'won'?

At any rate the most important part is a good title for our awards! Oscars, Emmys, Eisners, Harveys... We need something cool too.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

God Hates Astronauts is so, so fun. I can't really find any of the other right words to describe it. I'm just glad I finally found a book that references 'Rookie of the Year'.

Low was also super, but, alas, no ROTY references.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    That's an idea too, though it might be a little too scattered over two threads? I mean no matter how much you little it down, there's no way we could really make it into a poll here anyway. (There's like 15 options max so even if you do categories of only 3 nominees each that's still gonna leave just 5 categories.) I guess a Google Doc/Surveymonkey link would be an option but not sure if people are that interested? Could be wrong but just a regular thread where people can tell about their high- and lowlights would probably suffice, with some suggestions for categories in the first post.
    That gives people the opportunity to motivate choices if they want, or to just not pick any "best new scifi-western" or whatever if they don't want to. Alternatively, if they just wanna write four titles they enjoyed, or talk about non-Image stuff, that's cool too? If someone's feeling dilligent they can always add up the numbers in January to see what 'won'?

At any rate the most important part is a good title for our awards! Oscars, Emmys, Eisners, Harveys... We need something cool too.

True.

I don't think a Google doc or Surveymonkey link will provide enough results to be of much benefit or insight, honestly. I think you're right though, splitting up threads may be over-thinking this a bit. I think we should all just enjoy the discussion and have a good time with it.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Who's reading Tech Jacket? Any good?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Low was the only book I got, but, I enjoyed it a lot.

Now, on to this week's poll?
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli