Extraordinary Member

Default Legion of Monsters in Secret Wars?

I finally saw this lovely map the other day after someone on the X-Boards told me about it.

http://www.outerplaces.com/buzz/news...or-secret-wars

While it's well known that the Legion of Monsters have their HQ hidden under New York City, it still seems weird to involve them. Now, I don't mind the Legion. FrankenCastle is what got me into comics, and I loved the mini from a few years ago.

Who do you think will be on this team for Secret Wars?

My picks:

Morbius, Shiklah, Manphibian, Jack Russel, The Living Mummy, Man-Thing, and Satana.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm really excited to see the LoM involved. I hope Shiklah properly rallies the troops and we see a monster army. I reckon the guys you mention will all feature though perhaps not Satana. Maybe Elsa Bloodstone or Deadpool might show up too?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'm really excited to see the LoM involved. I hope Shiklah properly rallies the troops and we see a monster army. I reckon the guys you mention will all feature though perhaps not Satana. Maybe Elsa Bloodstone or Deadpool might show up too?
    I see Elsa, but I don't know about Deadpool. Him and Shiklah seem to be on the rocks. However, the Legion does have a bigger population to draw from than many of the other teams. Even if the Avengers and X-Men have all of New York, that's still mostly normal people who don't have the powers or the skills for a big battle.

They are only on the rocks because of the inversion, she liked the old him. Once that is undone I'm sure things will be fine.

And I am not sure if this will be well defined teams of characters, i think it's more like whole different sections of the map, and whoever happens to be in them, vs the other map sections, and the Legion of Monsters will probably be counted as part of Manhattan/616. So, all of them will potentially have a part to play. We will probably see some side-switching as the series progesses, especially with the Ultimate characters considering they are side by side, which will be their way of bringing in certain AU characters into the 616 continuity.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-06-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I'm sure Blade will be involve, Dracula or his son(he REALLY needs the push) Mephista and maybe the original Frankenstein Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Elsa will be there to make sure Jack doesn't do anything stupid. Shiklah will lead the charge unless she dies so that Deadpool could be single again. Maybe Dr. Strange or Brother Voodoo will be their secret weapon.

I think I'd like to know exactly which issues the LOM are going to be in; I'm going to be playing hit and miss with secret wars, depending on what the individual issues are about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Elsa will be there to make sure Jack doesn't do anything stupid. Shiklah will lead the charge unless she dies so that Deadpool could be single again. Maybe Dr. Strange or Brother Voodoo will be their secret weapon.
    Brother Voodoo is in Uncanny Avengers, so I'm guessing he would side with the Avengers. But the Shiklah dying thing could happen...which means who's in charge? Is Morbius in charge, because the last time he was in charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Brother Voodoo is in Uncanny Avengers, so I'm guessing he would side with the Avengers. But the Shiklah dying thing could happen...which means who's in charge? Is Morbius in charge, because the last time he was in charge...
    Which one, Jericho or his brother? cause if its Jericho that's awesome as for Mike isn't he now a defender of Brownsvill or that got retcon? the last reincarnation of the Legion of Monsters was in Daredevil that consist of Jack, Satana, Mummy, Simon(Zombie) and Frankenstein but those issues made them look out of character so I'm not considering it cannon.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Man Thing being the guardian of the Nexus of All Realities could easily tie them into the amalgamated realities planet that Battleworld will be.

Extraordinary Member

I think they get sucked into it because Manhattan is taken there, and they're right under Manhattan.

I'm not so sure what issues we'll see them in. I'm waiting for solicits now!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    I dunno. Blade worked with Werewolf by Night in Deadpool the Gauntlet, but he doesn't really seem to enjoy working with anyone from the Legion of Monsters. I think he's only teamed up with Jack 2 or 3 times, and he tried to kill Morbius in their last encounter. Probably more likely to appear in England. Although there was that "avengers of the supernatural" team that Mojo put together, which had the legion of monsters + Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider.

Has voodoo ever worked with any of the monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I dunno. Blade worked with Werewolf by Night in Deadpool the Gauntlet, but he doesn't really seem to enjoy working with anyone from the Legion of Monsters. I think he's only teamed up with Jack 2 or 3 times, and he tried to kill Morbius in their last encounter. Probably more likely to appear in England. Although there was that "avengers of the supernatural" team that Mojo put together, which had the legion of monsters + Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider.

Voodoo helped N'kantu save one of his descendants and helped Simon(Zombie) retrieve his amulet that controls him. As for Blade he'll do it as a favor for Wade to protect his wife.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Voodoo was also a part of the Midnight Sons, which is sometimes seen as being something of a branch of the Legion because they share so many of the same members. Hmm, that little throw-away line in Axis seems like it may mean a little bit more now...