Page 82 of 822 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 12326
    Extraordinary Member

I'm already hoping for a Funko figure

From Bendis:
    There is stuff though that is going on in Sam's "Star-Lord" book, Gerry's "Nova," my book, Kelly Sue's [DeConnick]'s "Captain Marvel," and in Greg Rucka and John Layman's "Cyclops" that are all going to be coming towards each other in a nice way. For readers looking for pure Marvel cosmic events and stories, here they come.

Interesting! I wonder if this means that Carol will be interacting with teen Cyclops and the Starjammers in the future? Ugh. This makes me wish that Russell Dauterman was still on the Cyclops solo title, just in the hopes that I'd get some Dauterman Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    From Bendis:
    There is stuff though that is going on in Sam's "Star-Lord" book, Gerry's "Nova," my book, Kelly Sue's [DeConnick]'s "Captain Marvel," and in Greg Rucka and John Layman's "Cyclops" that are all going to be coming towards each other in a nice way. For readers looking for pure Marvel cosmic events and stories, here they come.

Interesting! I wonder if this means that Carol will be interacting with teen Cyclops and the Starjammers in the future? Ugh. This makes me wish that Russell Dauterman was still on the Cyclops solo title, just in the hopes that I'd get some Dauterman Captain Marvel.
    Oh man I hope so! Not only would it be great to see Carol interact with her former teammates, but it would be interesting to get her thoughts on having once been an intergalactic outlaw, given her new position as space cop extraordinaire.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Also,wasn't Carol's emotion ties to her past, that she lost with encounter with Rogue, restored?
    That annoyed me so much. That should have been a HUGE watershed moment for Carol. Instead it was more like, "Oh. Emotional stuff restored. K."

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    Oh man I hope so! Not only would it be great to see Carol interact with her former teammates, but it would be interesting to get her thoughts on having once been an intergalactic outlaw, given her new position as space cop extraordinaire.
    Yeah but, she won't know who they are in that same way. She may have read up on them or been informed or something but... the connection/relationship is one sided now.

Yeah but, she won't know who they are in that same way. She may have read up on them or been informed or something but... the connection/relationship is one sided now.
    It's definitely a bummer that there won't be any emotional reunion with the 'Jammers, at least on Carol's end. On the flip side though, a story where Carol, with the emotional factor removed, attempts to understand why she became a space pirate rebelling against an empire could be interesting. I mean, I can't see any reason one WOULDN'T want to be a space pirate, but since nuCarol is engaged in maintaining peace and law in the galaxy, I suppose she might feel differently.

It's definitely a bummer that there won't be any emotional reunion with the 'Jammers, at least on Carol's end. On the flip side though, a story where Carol, with the emotional factor removed, attempts to understand why she became a space pirate rebelling against an empire could be interesting. I mean, I can't see any reason one WOULDN'T want to be a space pirate, but since nuCarol is engaged in maintaining peace and law in the galaxy, I suppose she might feel differently.
    That's one of the things I am hopeful to enjoy in the future. Being reminded of the woman she was and seeing how she responds to all of it. I'm really very eager to see her reunited with some of the cast members from the last installments (Jessica and Kit in particular) soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not feeling the idea of Carol joining the X-Men. No offense to the group, I like them, but it doesnt feel like a place for Carol. The Avengers is where Carol belongs.

Of course, I see nothing wrong with her being on Logan's speed dial, or having her contact information used "in case of emergency".

As for the art, Tiamatty is right, a higher-paid artist could throw the book's profit margins out the window. Im just saying, a space opera deserves proper space-opera art and Lopez is not doing it for me.
    I could have seen Carol on the Uncanny Avengers roster, at least before the mind wipe. She'd have been a good leader (or co-leader) for it, actually. But: 1) I don't now because am not a fan of how the characters in that title have been written and yay for her avoiding that. And 2) Carol doesn't have those memories so those emotional connections that would have made her a good fit no longer apply.

I don't have a problem with Lopez on art, which surprises me because I was not a fan of his X-Men issues. At all. I actually couldn't decide whether to try Captain Marvel on the relaunch because he was on art. Have been pleasantly surprised.

I do wish the coloring was more dynamic though. More vibrant and strong,not so diluted. Like the red of the suit should be red, not a reddish orange.

I would have loved to see Carol on the Uncanny Avengers!

That's one of the things I am hopeful to enjoy in the future. Being reminded of the woman she was and seeing how she responds to all of it. I'm really very eager to see her reunited with some of the cast members from the last installments (Jessica and Kit in particular) soon as well.
    Likewise. I'd like to see Carol faced with her past, both good and bad, and I'd also like to see the toll her loss has had on those closest to her. Jess, for instance, isn't a woman with a lot of friends, so how does she cope with the loss of her closest friend? Or Kit losing her hero? We only got glimpses of those things in vol. 1. Much as I've enjoyed the first arc of the current volume, Carol's lost memories opened up as many stories as they closed, most of which have had to be sidelined for the space arc.

i read the Logan and Carol A+X story today in a UK reprint - the one where they bicker about astronauts vs cavemen. I liked it, funny stuff.
    I surrender to the Contest

Team MO/FAUX!!!!
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-18-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Maintaining peace and law by fighting against a major empire. Carol's doing the same thing now she did back then: Fighting to defend the underdog. She would totally understand why she became a space pirate. And honestly, she'd probably be strongly tempted to rejoin, even without the emotional connection to the 'Jammers specifically, because sticking it to the man is something she actually does take pleasure and pride in. For all that she's a soldier, she's got an incredibly strong independent streak, likely resulting from the women she grew up idolizing. If she thinks someone is wrong, she's not going to sit there quietly, she's going to do something about it.

Team MO/FAUX!!!!
    From an in-universe standpoint, that would've been an absolutely brilliant Unity team. Plenty of charm, a lot of them are friends, several of them look visibly non-human. I'd probably swap out Emma for someone else - if a telepath is needed, then Rachel would be the obvious choice, especially since she could totally rock a 'hawk. I feel like Emma would see joining the Avengers as being totally beneath her.
    Last edited by Tiamatty; 08-18-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Maintaining peace and law by fighting against a major empire. Carol's doing the same thing now she did back then: Fighting to defend the underdog. She would totally understand why she became a space pirate. And honestly, she'd probably be strongly tempted to rejoin, even without the emotional connection to the 'Jammers specifically, because sticking it to the man is something she actually does take pleasure and pride in. For all that she's a soldier, she's got an incredibly strong independent streak, likely resulting from the women she grew up idolizing. If she thinks someone is wrong, she's not going to sit there quietly, she's going to do something about it.

From an in-universe standpoint, that would've been an absolutely brilliant Unity team. Plenty of charm, a lot of them are friends, several of them look visibly non-human. I'd probably swap out Emma for someone else - if a telepath is needed, then Rachel would be the obvious choice, especially since she could totally rock a 'hawk. I feel like Emma would see joining the Avengers as being totally beneath her.
    The attitude is actually very common among pilots; that whole "maverick" personality thing.

As for the Unity team art...love it. Clear lines, good body work and solid facial expressions. If I had any critiques worth mentioning it might be that Thor looks a bit too pretty and...."pouty" might be the word? As for the roster itself I agree that Emma feels like a bad fit, and as much as I hate to say it, because he's frikkin everywhere, Wolverine makes a lot of sense too. But really, just solid art and a solid lineup, great work!

Storm is perfect, by the way. You totally captured her character, and better than many professionals have managed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    That annoyed me so much. That should have been a HUGE watershed moment for Carol. Instead it was more like, "Oh. Emotional stuff restored. K."
    Yeah that moment could have been powerful like with Wolfgang Grimmer from one of my favorite manga's Monster but instead it was lame.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-18-2014 at 02:57 PM.