Page 280 of 822 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 12326

Wow, been ages since I posted in this thread...

Anyway, sorry to hear that KSD is leaving, what she has done for Carol has been, really, phenomenal. She, somehow, managed to make Captain Marvel do the thing that the entire comics industry had been trying to do and got new, invested and excited faces into the hobby. The Carol Corps has become a real force at conventions, and it seems to me that the popularity of titles like Batgirl, Spider-Gwen, and Ms. Marvel all stem from that initial push DeConnick's Captain Marvel generated.

I had always liked Carol, but it was KSD's first volume that elevated me from a casual fan who bought the occasional Reed issue to a diehard fan with a Captain Marvel poster on my daughter's wall and an action figure on the shelf (plus one still in the box).

Whoever follows up with the character is going to have some really big boots to fill, not just from a writing standpoint, but from a social, interactive one too. KSD made a lot of time for her fans, her excitement and joy for the project was infectious, and whoever comes after her is going to have to work hard to keep that goodwill and momentum going.

Thanks to DeConnick for giving us a superhero I can dress my daughter up as on Halloween, and a character that anyone, from little girls to thirty year old men, can enjoy and love.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

KSD and Carol Danvers are the reason I started reading Marvel comics. I didn't invest in the whole run, but I'm proud to own the first and last issues of her run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    This is what we wanted!

Fantastic! Though I posted elsewhere, the grey suit adds a layer of irony to the sort of Batman-Stealth Entrance she pulls on Kamala. I think Adrian Alphona drew Carol in this panel a little better than in issue 1 too.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wow, been ages since I posted in this thread...

Anyway, sorry to hear that KSD is leaving, what she has done for Carol has been, really, phenomenal. She, somehow, managed to make Captain Marvel do the thing that the entire comics industry had been trying to do and got new, invested and excited faces into the hobby. The Carol Corps has become a real force at conventions, and it seems to me that the popularity of titles like Batgirl, Spider-Gwen, and Ms. Marvel all stem from that initial push DeConnick's Captain Marvel generated.

I had always liked Carol, but it was KSD's first volume that elevated me from a casual fan who bought the occasional Reed issue to a diehard fan with a Captain Marvel poster on my daughter's wall and an action figure on the shelf (plus one still in the box).

Whoever follows up with the character is going to have some really big boots to fill, not just from a writing standpoint, but from a social, interactive one too. KSD made a lot of time for her fans, her excitement and joy for the project was infectious, and whoever comes after her is going to have to work hard to keep that goodwill and momentum going.

Thanks to DeConnick for giving us a superhero I can dress my daughter up as on Halloween, and a character that anyone, from little girls to thirty year old men, can enjoy and love.
    Beautiful post! Thats it!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

This is what we wanted!

I'm really into how Alphono render's Carol's mask.

YES! Really cool design!!! Love the helmet and it's badass attitude. When she's wearing it, she's gonna kick ass!

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

This is what we wanted!

Is this fanart or real? That looks a lot like the same artwork from Kamala's book!

BANNED

Carol should lead the Avengers after Secret Wars sense it looks like Steve Rogers will be leaving the team

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Is this fanart or real? That looks a lot like the same artwork from Kamala's book!
    It's an edited panel from Ms. Marvel #16. The original has Carol in her black-and-white uniform that she's sporting for the Incursion, but someone recolored it to her normal uniform colors.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    It's an edited panel from Ms. Marvel #16. The original has Carol in her black-and-white uniform that she's sporting for the Incursion, but someone recolored it to her normal uniform colors.
    That's too bad. What did you think of the last issue of Kamala's book?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That's too bad. What did you think of the last issue of Kamala's book?
    I prefer to reserve my judgement until the arc concludes.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    KSD's run definitely meant a lot to me. It isn't super surprising to me that it's over... but I'm still sorry to see her go.

That said, I hope it is Kelly Thompson that is taking over. I've enjoyed her writing and I'd love to see Marvel truly give her a shot.
    Hmmm, you think we can trust her to write Carol? On her blog, she has these Female Super Hero lists and always ranks Rogue above Carol. She's even mentioned in the past that she HATED Carol because of what Rogue did to her. Crazy, right? Granted, past tense about something many years ago, but my suspicion kicks in (what? I'm from Milwaukee) when thinking about her helming a Carol comic, much less possibly doing a Carol/Rogue story like Tiamatty suggests. *I* just want to read badass Carol stories!

For the record, I have both of Kelly Thompson's novels and they are awesome reads not to mention she's been very nice in email and online.
    Last edited by albone; 06-22-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Its the other way round, Carol was saving lives. She was always a hero. Rogue did a horrible thing. Thats why i hated Rogue for years. Now, after AvX its all in good terms. If Thompson stays, hope she does what she will be payed for.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 06-22-2015 at 12:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Hmmm, you think we can trust her to write Carol? On her blog, she has these Female Super Hero lists and always ranks Rogue above Carol. She's even mentioned in the past that she HATED Carol because of what Rogue did to her. Crazy, right? Granted, past tense about something many years ago, but my suspicion kicks in (what? I'm from Milwaukee) when thinking about her helming a Carol comic, much less possibly doing a Carol/Rogue story like Tiamatty suggests. *I* just want to read badass Carol stories!

For the record, I have both of Kelly Thompson's novels and they are awesome reads not to mention she's been very nice in email and online.
    Yeah, I hope she doesn't get her hands on Carol. She puts that toothless hillbilly over Carol? I don't think so. Have someone else right Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    She puts that toothless hillbilly over Carol?
    For much of her history Rogue was a much more popular character than Carol so that's really not surprising. For many years Carol was basically "That chick Rogue drained her powers from."