Page 356 of 822 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    New topic! Answer the following questions:

1) Name your single favorite issue featuring Carol... and why? (The 'why' is what makes this interesting!)

2) Name your favorite run featuring Carol... and why?

3) Who is a hero you'd like to see her team up with that she's never teamed up with before?

4) We all have opinions about who should play Carol in the movie... but who should her supporting cast be? What characters do you want to see movieCarol hang out with and who should play them?

5) Name an author you'd like to see write her who hasn't. Oh yes... why?

6) How did Carol become a favorite of yours? What was that moment?

7) How awesome is Chewie? I mean really?

8) Name a villain you'd like to see Carol get into a fight with.

9) If Carol were leading the Avengers again, who would she put on her team?

10) I dunno. Do I have to come up with a 10th question?

Go.
    1. I don't think I really have a favorite issue off the top of my head, if only because I'm terrible with favorites, so in favor of that I might say her debut as Ms. Marvel in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon where she joins the team and beats Ronan. Why? Because she was awesome and she looked awesome in that episode .

Hope that's not a cop out .

2. Probably a three way tie between Kurt Busiek's Avengers run, the Brian Reed run, and the first volume of Kelly Sue Deconnick's run.

3. Eric O'Grady, if only to have her find out about him peeking on her and then see the ensuing beatdown that would likely occur .

Though more seriously, I guess maybe Sue Storm? I don't think they've ever teamed up before. I'm not sure why I'd like it so much, beyond both being blonde, beautiful, and extremely powerful women who I don't think have ever teamed up before, but I think it might be a cool team-up. A lot of the people I'd want her team-up with she's already teamed-up with, probably going to team-up with in the future, or have at least been on a team together. A team-up with Kate Bishop would probably be fun. Wasp, Miss America too.

4. Well, I'm not really knowledgeable of actors or celebrities unless they work in comic book properties, so I can't really cast anybody, but as far as who I'd like to see in her supporting cast? Well...I think it would be cool if Carol has a dual Earth/Cosmic supporting cast, and as far as the Earth supporting cast is concerned I'd probably include Tracy, Wendy, Kit, and Chewie (even if Chewie fits under Cosmic as well). For Cosmic, if Mar-Vell ends up being involved in the films and dies, I think it would be interesting to see Carol interact with his children, Genis and Phyla, and give both some due in the movies.

With their relationship with Sony as it is now, I think Marvel could probably do something with Spider-Woman in the movies now without too much trouble, and introduce Jessica to the MCU. If they don't want to give Jessica her own movie, why not integrate her into the the cast of Captain Marvel as Carol's best friend who's semi-retired from the Superhero or spy game like she is in her current book? That way, Carol at least gets to keep one of her best friends named Jessica!

I don't really have strong feelings for the Rhodey relationship, but considering we're probably not getting an Iron Man movie in the near future nor a Rhodey solo, maybe War Machine could be reincorporated into Captain Marvel's supporting cast?

Be also cool to see Monica in a Captain Marvel movie in some form as well.

5. Man, Gail Somone from Holt was an inspired choice, but if I had to pick someone who hasn't written her yet? I don't think Kathryn Immonen has written her in a significant way so that would be cool, as would Aleah Baker or Kate Perkins. For guys, I don't think Greg Rucka has done anything with her so he'd be awesome, as would Jeff Parker or Grant Morrison.

6. I knew about her from X-Men: TAS way back when thanks to the episode that dealt with her connection to Rogue, but it was EMH that made me a big fan of her.

7. Chewie is really cute.

8. The Juggernaut.

9. Pre-last mindwipe: Spider-Woman, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Spider-Girl (Anya), 3D-Man, Rogue.

Post-last mindwipe: Spider-Woman, War Machine/Iron Patriot, Agent Venom, Ms. Marvel, Blue Marvel, Miss America, Black Panther.

Jobbroni

1) Name your single favorite issue featuring Carol... and why? (The 'why' is what makes this interesting!)
    Issue #8-9 I think of the Brian Reed series. We saw the Alter-Carol want to slay every Rogue in existence but ours didn't, even if she wasn't completely healed from it all. It showed her forgiveness even when she didn't want to. We see that again around issue #23 when she has to explain to her Mom why Rogue is in a parade being celebrated and not in jail.

I liked a lot of the Brian Reed series. The super spy and superhero.

3) Who is a hero you'd like to see her team up with that she's never teamed up with before?
    White Queen.

4) We all have opinions about who should play Carol in the movie... but who should her supporting cast be? What characters do you want to see movieCarol hang out with and who should play them?
    I think Kit and Jess should be in it. Jennifer Chaistain would be a killer Jess.

Gail Simone because she's a bad ass. I'd also be okay with Lauren Beukes.

I think it was somewhere in the Skrull invasion. Nothing huge up till that point, just incremental progress that finally tipped over. I think it was also when I was going through older issues and appearances like Contest of Champions, Avengers, Iron Man, etc. She's not perfect, like at all, but she really tries.

Super, pre-Deconnick. Alien, my ass.

Green Goblin.

Jane Thor, Thing, Wolverine, Spider-man and Spider-woman.

Favorite Villain of Carol's?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Higher, Faster, Further, More Part 6, aka Captain Marvel #6. Captain Marvel is amazing, with her allies she's pulling everything together to fight back and impress. The art is beautiful. Every scene is gold. It's the kind of issue that, even though it's part of a longer arc, and an even longer multi-arc run, if I'd come across it and no other connecting issues as a kid, I'd still be in love with it.

And, it has the best kiss of that year.

If we can count Kelly Sue DeConnick's run as one whole run, than clearly, that. Because: the best. She pushed Carol's integrity, heroism, and coolness harder than anyone has. No life-as-a-second-stringer, no the-real-heroes-and-carol, just a full package Captain Marvel experience.

If it's got to be broken down into something smaller, I'll admit, The Enemy Within blew up my brain and soul with all kinds of good energies.

That said, for non-starring roles, the classic Claremont X-Men and Busiek Avengers are pretty strong contenders, as are minis and oneshots like Ben Grimm & Logan or Endless Wartime, I just can't count those as runs or Carol-runs.

I'd like to see her and Excalibur. Carol does well with fangirls, they both have a streak of professionalism, and I think they'd play off each other easily. It'd be the kind of team-up that could "write itself." Lots of energetic heroism and goodness and smacking around of baddies.

I won't fan-cast, because I really do think lots of actors can perform a role each beautifully and to the hilt. But, I don't want Mar-Vell in the movie. I'd like to see her have some history, still, with Nick Fury. And, really, I want her cast to have enough women that she can actually have a conversation with more than one.

I'd love to see Warren Ellis or Larry Hama back on her, since they haven't written much, but I would be through the roof with Marjorie Liu did something Carol-centric. Especially, in terms of "she should have a romance," that's who I'd want crafting and directing it. Liu has fantastic sensibilities, and she's unwilling to stick a woman's professional history in the backseat so the nearest loudmouth guy can bark orders and take over directing the story's events.

I think it was Ben Grimm & Logan or the Wolverine -1 issue, even though I'd already been familiar with her most of my life. Seeing her in charge, respected, and acting intelligently without being stepped on - that she wouldn't let anyone step on her - made me a fan.

Between very and more than very.

I kind of want to see Carol vs Kang as a Carol-centered story.

It'd be great to see her get together a group of people she's got personal/work connections, to. Wolverine. Spider-Woman. Captain America. Thing. Some Starjammers. A slow patch-up that starts with extending her a place on the team, for Scarlet Witch. Maybe a couple other former Captain Marvels on there. Monica and her need to talk some and how powerful would the two of them be on one team?

Yes. No. Don't make me decide!
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 11-04-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

No idea. I've only really read the last volume and the SW tie in.

see above.

A returned-to-normal Sharon Ventura

Chewie, Rhodey and a good Strong Female Character, so there's more than one in the movie.

Kirsten Beyer who writes the post TV series Star Trek: Voyager novels, because she's really good at writing women characters.

I just decided to give the last volume a shot and enjoyed it. I'd say she's not a total favourite though.

very

pass

I'm happy with the Ultimates line-up

yes
    I surrender to the Contest

1) Name your single favorite issue featuring Carol... and why?
    I think I'd say Captain Marvel Vol. 7 #9. The issue is just so much fun. A Day In the Life of Captain Marvel, and that day includes punching dinosaurs. What more could you want? I'm also very fond of the two issues drawn by Emma Rios, because Emma Rios.

Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel, of course. She brought such warmth and humanity to Carol, and gave her such an amazing supporting cast. Her run was filled with fun, but also had plenty of great drama.

I'm gonna say Karma, just because I love Karma. I have no idea how to make it work. Ooh! It could be a mission involving Karma's criminal overlord uncle!

Jessica Drew would be pretty good. Monica Rambeau would be awesome. Chewie, of course. And I really would love to have Kit. Because Kit's great.

Jen Van Meter. I just really like Jen Van Meter and want to see her get more Marvel work. She's really good. I'll even toss in an artist I'd like to see draw Captain Marvel: Meredith McClaren. (She did do a sketch. It's pretty great.) And I'm not just bringing those two up so I can once again shill the upcoming Hopeless Savages: Break, even though it does look like it'll be amazing and something I definitely recommend.

It was definitely the KSD run. The humour won me over, especially paired with Dexter Soy's gorgeous art. Then they gave us two issues drawn by Emma Rios just to make me love it even more, than an awesome team-up with Monica Rambeau, and then the hilarious 9th issue.

Kitty! Kitty kitty kitty!

Lady Stilt-Man. It wouldn't be much of a fight, granted, but come on. Lady Stilt-Man.

Well, that depends on the writer. I suspect the people she'd most likely want on her team would include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Woman, Monica Rambeau, Spider-Man and War Machine. People she knows well. She knows what they're capable of and how they work together. And they're also her friends.

Colonel Mustard in the study with the candlestick.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Green Goblin.
    I love seeing Norman get his ass handed to him. Trying to throw Carol off a bridge would result in just that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I love seeing Norman get his ass handed to him. Trying to throw Carol off a bridge would result in just that.
    Right? It would be pretty badass.

Given Carol's history with battles taking place on them, I wonder if she had any bridge-related PTSD responses over the years?
    Not something now for certain, but I can see it being a relevant story beat during her Warbird/ Live Kree or Die era...

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-04-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Captain Marvel Vinylmation.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Captain Marvel Vinylmation.
    I don't know why... but it kind of scares me.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I don't know why... but it kind of scares me.
    It sits really well with me...
    ...as long as i cover the ears with my hands.

Can't answer this without calling it a tie. #9 from KSD's first series seems a popular choice and with good reason; it's a delightful slice-of-life and I don't think Andrade has ever or will ever draw more beautiful work than that. As a more out-there backup choice, Ms. Marvel vol.1 #20. It's important historically as the debut of the black swimsuit costume, but I remember it more for the story, which is a wonderfully madcap pulp adventure where Carol stumbles upon an underground city of lizard-people, beats up a lot of them, before realizing she's got to hold off on the punchy and talk everyone out of declaring an inter-species war. I tend to cotton onto stories where Carol needs to use her brains like that.

Probably KSD. There's not a huge amount of competition on the solo book front, and naming a team book instead seems cheap.

Moon Knight? But I say that for everyone. Hmm. Maybe Sam-as-Captain America. She's not really hung out with Sam much in any context, and I don't really know why not. He's one of very few 'classic' Avengers she's got no real history with. This should be addressed.

Helen Cobb and Kit at the core, Phyla-Vell in the back half, Michael Rossi and Salia Petrie on a more minor level, Yon-Rogg and Deathbird to get punched, and the Supreme Intelligence, because what the public really wants from a big-budget action space flick is a climactic political debate between a fighter jock in a circus suit and a big head in a jar.

Someday I will actually write out the plot that connects all these aspects. Every time I try it takes too long.

Eeeeeeehhhhh...? Marjorie Liu? Has she written for Carol before? I don't know, honestly.

I may have told this story before, but the first time I saw Carol - or at least saw her long enough to remember her - was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance (videogame). She was pretty cool in that but she was a stranger among a crowd of familiar faces. Within a week, I'd headed into Forbidden Planet Glasgow to find something comic-y involving her, and wound up with the Avengers Disassembled TPB. Now...bear in mind here, my comic knowledge was way out of date, and I was approaching that story with completely new eyes. So, by the end, after Wanda had basically blown up the mansion and killed a handful of her friends, I was pretty well agreeing with Carol's heartbroken outburst, and wondering what planet every other person in that room was on.

The story was already a couple years old by then, so when I next visited the shops I found the first couple trades of Brian Reed's run, and from there it snowballed.

Like Godzilla on a surfboard, pal.

MYSTERIO, MASTER OF ILLUSION!! Again, that's basically a default response. I really wish there were any good aeroplane/pilot-themed villains...one of my old scrapped fanfic ideas was Carol having to fight the Red Baron, who is female, another link in the Zemo family tree, and got flung forward in time from WWI after crossing paths with the time-lost specter of powered-up Helen Cobb (from #6 of KSD's first volume). It would've been awesome if I ever had the damn time to put it together.

MOON KN - okay, no, she wouldn't. Ah...Rhodey, Jess, Dr. Strange, Vision, Wanda, Janet to start with. Plus Shulkie if another megapuncher is needed, T'Challa for a brainy type, and Kamala if she's still willing to play on the big leagues by then.

It's a waste of a 10 if you don't.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Like Godzilla on a surfboard, pal.
    That might be my favorite answer to any question ever.

That might be my favorite answer to any question ever.
    It would've been better with some sorta-relevant GIFs:

The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Depends on what you consider "defining."

That what Mar-Vell has is "he died," to me, is pretty sad, but then, I'm not fond of the character or how lionized he's been since death. If definitive here, then, just means quality, that's always going to be subjective.

I think Carol's been involved in, as a major character or the protagonist, many superior stories to any of Mar-Vell's. DeConnick, Hama, and Claremont have all given "defining" takes on her, but then, that can probably be said of most comics where she's really being used or considered.
    Defining in terms of "This is the quintessential Ms.Marvel/Captain Marvel story you must read".

Mar-Vell's defining story was at the end of his life but it encapsulated the character pretty well on top of making me want to read more about the character's past leading up to that point regardless of whether those stories were actually good or not. As I said before though, outside of her appearances in Avengers I don't have a whole lot of Ms. Marvel issues under my belt. I have most of the Brian Reed Ms. Marvel run pre-Dark Reign which had it's ups and downs and Kelly Sue Deconnick's pre-Marvel Now run which ranged from decent to good but nothing really stood out to me as much as say the Death of Captain Marvel.

That's why I'm hoping for more collections to see if maybe it's just a case of me missing a good chunk of great Ms. Marvel stories.
    Last edited by Will.S; 11-04-2015 at 11:23 PM.