Page 762 of 822 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772812 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I saw it as a shout out to the whole Rogue stealing Carol's memories/powers thing. It's obvious at this point that the screenwriters ( or at least whoever did the treatment) is mixing elements from tons of old comics as well as the more recent runs.
    Really? I mean, it could be interpreted as that. However, Rogue isn't the cause. I saw it as a straight forward, she's been abducted and experimented on (as seen in the trailer) which has left her mind a bit addled.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, didn't expect much from a teaser.

it was ok.

best shot was this

This is the clincher, the money shot, that everyone is saying didn't appear. Carol unleashing her full power.
    Last edited by Husk; 09-18-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Exactly. For a teaser, this actually showed quite a bit.
    They really did cover a lot actually.

• Amnesia
    • Helmet
    • Punching OAP Skrulls
    • Powering up
    • Blasting beams
    • Very short bit showing her in a USAF flightsuit being caught up in an explosion...

Really wasn't expecting that last one. Thought they'd keep that a secret but with that it now seems likely they are re-ordering the comics highlights reel: USAF > psyche-magnetron blast > loses memory > fights for the Kree thinking she's one of them? > plagued by fleeting memories of her past life > gets back to Earth to prevent_Skrull > probably ending with her returning to the Kree?.
    Last edited by snark^; 09-18-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Got to admit this looks like its going to be great! Love that it seems Samuel Jackson will have a large role in the film too! Hope we get a lot of Mar-vell as well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It looks like they've merged Carol's history with Mar-Vell's to me, which I have very mixed feelings about. I do think it looks good. Let's face it, who'd bet against Marvel with their current track record. They are a hit-making machine.

did she just join the Star Force by the time the movie opens? how much time did she spend with the US military?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    does Carol have "skrull vision" or some type of gadget that can detect them?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I saw it as a shout out to the whole Rogue stealing Carol's memories/powers thing. It's obvious at this point that the screenwriters ( or at least whoever did the treatment) is mixing elements from tons of old comics as well as the more recent runs.
    I thought it was a different take on the early years of Ms Marvel, when she was effectively a duel-personality, with one half not remembering the other.

Starforce - explosion - helmet closeup:
    https://gfycat.com/ZanyPlayfulDoe

Powering up:
    https://gfycat.com/YoungAdorableAndeancondor

powering up MvCi style:
    Last edited by snark^; 09-18-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It appears that MCU Starforce is the Kree Empire's boot squad - they go around stomping all over the Empire's enemies - so it'd make sense if they were able to see through Skrull disguises.

Her "I'm not what you think I am" line might be where she tries to tell Fury she's not a hero, she's a Kree enforcer.

That helmet looks surprisingly good lol.

I think it looks ridiculous in the comics but it looks good there
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That helmet looks surprisingly good lol.

I think it looks ridiculous in the comics but it looks good there
    I agree. I hate that stupid helmet in the comics, I found it extremely fugly.

But they have been able to make it look decent in the movie.

Young coulson looks like bob oedenkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    she has/had cosmic awareness.