Page 812 of 822 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 12326
    Astonishing Member

There's nothing wrong with her original one-- once she stopped exposing her belly. You have to realize though, that it debuted in the mid 70s -- and skin was in!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Keep in mind her original outfit was changed because fans complained about it, so it doesn't have a great "it was the times" defense.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It was a good design overall, but there are some weird inconsistencies and choices there that just don't work, no matter what era you judge it by.

Certainly not a problem unique to Carol either.

The EMH cartoon gave it a pretty solid update, as I recall....though I haven't watched that show since my son was much younger.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It was a good design overall, but there are some weird inconsistencies and choices there that just don't work, no matter what era you judge it by.

Certainly not a problem unique to Carol either.

The EMH cartoon gave it a pretty solid update, as I recall....though I haven't watched that show since my son was much younger.
    All EMH did was to give it longer all black boots like on the black Ms Marvel costume(and Carol had long hair with it).

Speaking of designs, here's some rejected redesigns Dexter Soy released on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...13277508648962

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Keep in mind her original outfit was changed because fans complained about it, so it doesn't have a great "it was the times" defense.
    Link or it didn't happen.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Link or it didn't happen.
    Is that like a tree falling in the woods or something? I don't have my original source for the quote I'm thinking of, but I recall it was an opinion expressed in the letters pages if you have access to those.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

never mind

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Speaking of designs, here's some rejected redesigns Dexter Soy released on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...13277508648962
    Urgh! Thank goodness we got the design we did... these are mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, those Campbell covers are legit. He's usually way too cheesecake for me but these are great.
    "How cheesecake are you, Mr Campbell?"
    "I can make a baggy flightsuit look skin tight!"
    "Six covers, please."
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All EMH did was to give it longer all black boots like on the black Ms Marvel costume(and Carol had long hair with it).
    Earths Mightiest Heroes did an amazing job adapting Carols’s Origin by introducing her as a non-powered heroic character who then gains powers during an adventure. The costume they used is the Moonstone version of the Ms Marvel suit from Dark Avengers. Worth noting that since the Kree featured use Ultimate Universe designs, Carol’s Ms Marvel look is more unique to her rather than a version of another characters look.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I enjoyed Earths Mightiest Heroes a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I enjoyed Earths Mightiest Heroes a lot.
    I thought Carol was handled pretty great in EMH, from the portrayal, characterization, Hale as her voice, etc.

I haven't been all that crazy about how they handle her in the current Avengers cartoons though.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Carol was handled pretty great in EMH, from the portrayal, characterization, Hale as her voice, etc.

I haven't been all that crazy about how they handle her in the current Avengers cartoons though.
    I haven't had a chance to watch much television in the last few years outside of football. Is the cartoon you're talking about the same one they replaced Earths Mightiest Heroes with?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch much television in the last few years outside of football. Is the cartoon you're talking about the same one they replaced Earths Mightiest Heroes with?
    Yes (Avengers Assemble and all it's subsequent re-brandings).