Page 709 of 822 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719759809 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    How is this not trolling?
    Because the intent is not too tear down or derail Carols thread. I honestly want fans of her's to weigh in. Not every fan of Carol believes the title Captain Marvel suits her and just as others agree that those people are wrong.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Because the intent is not too tear down or derail Carols thread. I honestly want fans of her's to weigh in. Not every fan of Carol believes the title Captain Marvel suits her and just as others agree that those people are wrong.
    "Not every fan of Carol believes the title Captain Marvel suits her" Yeah, but it totally fits Rogue, because of how she stole Carol's powers once? What even? That post and that idea is plain nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Not every fan of Carol believes the title Captain Marvel suits her" Yeah, but it totally fits Rogue, because of how she stole Carol's powers once? What even? That post and that idea is plain nonsense.
    No, it doesn't fit Rogue. It barely fits Carol. Over the last 40 years, Carol went from Ms.Marvel to Binary to Warbird back to Ms. Marvel and for about 6 years Captain Marvel. I read articles on Yahoo about the movie and people mostly comment they still associate the name with DC's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Never said that it did. The creation of the other thread is to discuss who it could potentially work better for.

Chill Out. The original post in the thread shows that it's simply meant for fun. No need to get offended or upset.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    No, it doesn't fit Rogue. It barely fits Carol. Over the last 40 years, Carol went from Ms.Marvel to Binary to Warbird back to Ms. Marvel and for about 6 years Captain Marvel. I read articles on Yahoo about the movie and people mostly comment they still associate the name with DC's character.
    Good Post.

Several reasons that you listed is why a thread like that can even get any attention in the first place. The whole nature of the title Captain Marvel is still in a state of flux even though Carol claimed the title a few years ago. Worth discussing in a friendly manner.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I don’t think this is a relaunch of the series or a permanent creative change unfortunately. I think this is just a one-shot tie-in to the Infinity Countdown event. And I believe that Margaret Stohl has indicated that her book will be back after the event. So l’m not getting my hopes up that much will change.
    Well crap nuggets.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has a comic book character not in the A-list ever hit such a level of social awareness without a big blockbuster movie driving it?

People are learning who Carol is, and they have been for years (this skier started wearing that suit last year, if not the year before, I believe) and her movie is still a year out, with not even a teaser trailer to its name.

Something about Carol is really resonating with people. And it only seems to be growing. Without a large media presence (yet). Has this ever happened before?
    150. Captain Marvel #128 (Marvel) - 12,201

She is really resonating with people. Has it ever happened before?

Her current series being boring AF doesn't mean there's a problem with her being Captain Marvel or anything like that. KSD's run and even the previous one before CWII came in were doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    150. Captain Marvel #128 (Marvel) - 12,201

She is really resonating with people. Has it ever happened before?
    Floppy sales have nothing to do larger recognition among the general public. Lots of characters with high recognition don't sell that well on a monthly basis.

Lots of people know who Groot is. How have the Guardians been selling lately?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He's been a solid B-Lister for years but over the last few years he's been creeping into the A-List. The movie will probably solidify it.
    There's very few A-listers - they're characters that are known world-wide and sell stuff no matter the format or merchandise - pretty much every kid and nerd in the world can name them. B-list is all the characters who's names might be known to the public at large, but they're nowhere nearly as popular.

A-list: Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk?
    B-list: Hulk?, Wonder Woman, Flash, Iron-Man, Cap. America, Thor, Wolverine
    C-list or below: everyone else.

Iron-Man and Cap got lifted to the B-list by their MCU movies; Wondy was already there due to the Linda Carter series. With a lot of luck Carol and BP will join them there in the phase 4 films.
    Last edited by snark^; 02-13-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

I'm telling you. she will instantly seem more relatable if they move her back to the city (even if it's not New York). it's part of why people like Peter Parker and Ben Grimm. they are city guys. they feel as if they are connected to the populace that they protect. Carol being out in space just instantly makes me feel as if what she's doing doesn't matter. and just having some humans on the space station doesn't help. I can't identify with any of those people; some one-off telepath from Black Widow's series? remember Agent Sum? these new people will eventually be less relevant than Agent Sum. even Puck and the others will just return to Canada.

if you want Carol to be something approaching A-List, she needs to engage with other A-Listers (heroes and villains)/operate among them. I want to see her beat the crap out of Gravitron and drag him kicking and screaming to a Project Pegasus holding cell. I want to see Moonstone try to move up in the ranks and make Carol's life miserable; maybe using psy-ops. she can certainly still fight aliens. but, imo, it should be when they set foot on Earth/her turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm telling you. she will instantly seem more relatable if they move her back to the city (even if it's not New York). it's part of why people like Peter Parker and Ben Grimm. they are city guys. they feel as if they are connected to the populace that they protect. Carol being out in space just instantly makes me feel as if what she's doing doesn't matter. and just having some humans on the space station doesn't help. I can't identify with any of those people; some one-off telepath from Black Widow's series? remember Agent Sum? these new people will eventually be less relevant than Agent Sum. even Puck and the others will just return to Canada.

if you want Carol to be something approaching A-List, she needs to engage with other A-Listers (heroes and villains)/operate among them. I want to see her beat the crap out of Gravitron and drag him kicking and screaming to a Project Pegasus holding cell. I want to see Moonstone try to move up in the ranks and make Carol's life miserable; maybe using psy-ops. she can certainly still fight aliens. but, imo, it should be when they set foot on Earth/her turf.
    She could always get an apartment in Boston. That'd be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'd rather Carol keep at least one foot firmly planted in orbit.....but Boston is my town so I couldn't say no to this!

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I see her living outside of Boston. Perhaps a neighborhood in an old mill city alongside a small winding river.

"Say," you might ask, "isn't Cleghorn a neighborhood in an old mill city alongside a small winding river about 50 miles WNW of Boston?"

"Why, you know, it is." I would answer, "Fancy that."

Seriously though, she'd probably be tied into Hanscom AF Base somehow.

BANNED

She could have an ap inside the Statue of Liberty. Because she is so awesome and all.

Something more relatable than that, I cannot imagine.