Page 722 of 822 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Variant covers for The Life of Captain Marvel #1!

Attachment 63145
    Sana Takeda

Attachment 63146
    Joe Quesada

Attachment 63148
    Stanley "Artgerm" Lau
    Quesada's cover is really adorable. Artgerm's stunning as always. Takeda... I actually love her art but Carol's face looks really weird here imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I definitely do all of those things. Probably a little more than I need to.

So this news that Carol's film is going to do the whole "90's action movie" thing is.....I think I love it. I really had a great time with how terribly 80's Thor Ragnarok was in some parts, and "90's action movie" sort of.....fits.....with Carol. That over the top, slightly self-aware mix of humor and violence....hell yeah.
    "90's action movie" is really vague though, especially if most of it is set in space. Does that mean "Independence Day?" "Last Boy Scout?" Or John Woo in the Kree Galaxy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    That Quesada variant is just *chef kisses fingers*

...basically all I got right now. Whaddaya want, a cookie?
    I feel like yelling her, "Young Lady what are you doing outside barefoot? You git in here and put some shoes on right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    "90's action movie" is really vague though, especially if most of it is set in space. Does that mean "Independence Day?" "Last Boy Scout?" Or John Woo in the Kree Galaxy?
    She's a pilot, so I'd imagine some Top Gun references (though that's from the eighties).

Well I dunno about anyone else, but when I hear "90's action movie" I tend to think Die Hard, Con Air, The Rock, Terminator. Veteran Stallone. Veteran Arnold.

I'm hoping there's a little bit of Die Hard, or even the Expendables, in this movie. Just a dash, for salt.

And absolutely some Top Gun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Variant covers for The Life of Captain Marvel #1!

Attachment 63145
    Sana Takeda

Attachment 63146
    Joe Quesada

Attachment 63148
    Stanley "Artgerm" Lau
    That Lau cover looks awesome. And I love Carol's hair there as well, it looks so cool.

"90's action movie" is really vague though, especially if most of it is set in space. Does that mean "Independence Day?"
    YES PLEASE. Independence Day with an ersatz lady Superman beating up the UFOs is pretty much exactly what I want.

'Course, the problem with that is, a not-insignificant part of why I like that movie is the model work, and there's no way they'll do anything like that so, boooooo.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    She's a pilot, so I'd imagine some Top Gun references (though that's from the eighties).
    Oh, I'm sure we'll get a little bit of Top Gun, even if it's just for few minutes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well I dunno about anyone else, but when I hear "90's action movie" I tend to think Die Hard, Con Air, The Rock, Terminator. Veteran Stallone. Veteran Arnold.

I'm hoping there's a little bit of Die Hard, or even the Expendables, in this movie. Just a dash, for salt.

And absolutely some Top Gun.
    So do I and I'd add stuff like Point Break as well. Thing is, none of those movies make me think "space opera" which is what I think a Kree-Skrull movie should be. Having said that, they just started shooting...I realize it's way too early to start fretting about the film.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But the thing you have to remember about Top Gun is they were US Navy pilots, working off an aircraft carrier. You think Carol will be made a veteran of the first Gulf War since this takes place in the 1990's?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    But the thing you have to remember about Top Gun is they were US Navy pilots, working off an aircraft carrier. You think Carol will be made a veteran of the first Gulf War since this takes place in the 1990's?
    If the Gulf War is even in the movie, I think they'll be very vague about it. Like how Capt America:First Avenger was vague about WW2. If you didn't already know history, you wouldn't even get what the war was about from that movie.

So do I and I'd add stuff like Point Break as well. Thing is, none of those movies make me think "space opera" which is what I think a Kree-Skrull movie should be. Having said that, they just started shooting...I realize it's way too early to start fretting about the film.
    I think this first film is going to be more of a "border skirmish" between the Kree and Skrulls, and not a full-out war between them.

It'd make sense on a lot of levels. Carol fends off two alien races on earth, which mirrors her comic book status quo with Alpha Flight. She then leaves for space in an attempt to ensure neither race returns, explaining where she's been all this time. It also leaves the potential for Skrull spies to have been on earth for thirty years, a revelation that could fuel audience interest in the MCU once Downy and the others' contracts end.

Then in the Captain Marvel sequel (or the next Avengers movie) you either go all-in with the Kree-Skrull War and get the heroes off earth or you do Secret Invasion.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DeWanda Wise Exits ‘Captain Marvel’ Role

DeWanda Wise is no longer attached to Disney’s Captain Marvel, the MCU superhero tentpole that stars Brie Larson. Scheduling conflicts with her Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It are the culprit here, we’re told by sources close to the production.

That's a serious bummer, but I'm glad it's because of schedule and not something else.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

That's really sad, if she's Monica like we've been predicting, she really looked perfect for the part. But I respect her for sticking with her show even though Captain Marvel was a much bigger opportunity. It sucks when actors with important roles leave a show and screws up everything.