Page 774 of 822 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what type of feats of strength can we expect in the movie. Ms. Larsen has made a casual remark about "she can move planets", but that's more or less Silver Age Superman-style stunts. So, is that what we can expect? Just curious.
    Wasn't the first time that example was used, we'll probably see exactly that at some point. It might be in A4 rather than her movie, though.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Was Evan Rachel Wood ever considered for the role of Carol? She's an incredible actress and she looks exactly like I envision Carol. Beautiful and fierce.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Was Evan Rachel Wood ever considered for the role of Carol? She's an incredible actress and she looks exactly like I envision Carol. Beautiful and fierce.
    I don't think she was. The names I've heard, of course all rumors, were Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron, Olivia Wilde, Katheryn Winnick and Yvonne Strahovski. There was also Ronda Rousey, but I'm sure this was just speculation from her fans, and that she was never actually considered for the role. I remember that when the movie was announced, and these rumors were going around, Larson's name wasn't even in them.

Thinking now, I guess Yvonne Strahovski would be a good Captain Marvel. It looks like Marvel was looking for someone that could do drama, and she is doing really well in The Handmaid's Tale. She also has Carol's natural looks (blonde hair and blue eyes), and she is also tall (almost 5'9'').

Talking about casting, I always think this video of Larson is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdpJPtTqlk
    Considering how this video was made 1 month before she was announced as Captain Marvel, the way she pretends to be confused is funny to look at now.

While I was looking for the names that were considered, Jessica Chastain's name popped up. I don't think she ever talked to Marvel about playing Captain Marvel, but I think she would be a terrific Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    I don't think she was. The names I've heard, of course all rumors, were Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron, Olivia Wilde, Katheryn Winnick and Yvonne Strahovski. There was also Ronda Rousey, but I'm sure this was just speculation from her fans, and that she was never actually considered for the role. I remember that when the movie was announced, and these rumors were going around, Larson's name wasn't even in them.

Thinking now, I guess Yvonne Strahovski would be a good Captain Marvel. It looks like Marvel was looking for someone that could do drama, and she is doing really well in The Handmaid's Tale. She also has Carol's natural looks (blonde hair and blue eyes), and she is also tall (almost 5'9'').

Talking about casting, I always think this video of Larson is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdpJPtTqlk
    Considering how this video was made 1 month before she was announced as Captain Marvel, the way she pretends to be confused is funny to look at now.

While I was looking for the names that were considered, Jessica Chastain's name popped up. I don't think she ever talked to Marvel about playing Captain Marvel, but I think she would be a terrific Jean Grey.
    There was never any rumours about any of those playing Carol. Those were just the most popular fancasts. Evan Rachel Wood wasn't in any of those because Westworld started airing months after Brie was already cast as Carol, and she wasn't very well known before that.

That video though, lmao, watching it now, is clear that she's faking it.

And it would be ironic if Jessica played Jean on the MCU, considering she's playing a villain on Dark Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There was never any rumours about any of those playing Carol. Those were just the most popular fancasts. Evan Rachel Wood wasn't in any of those because Westworld started airing months after Brie was already cast as Carol, and she wasn't very well known before that.

That video though, lmao, watching it now, is clear that she's faking it.

And it would be ironic if Jessica played Jean on the MCU, considering she's playing a villain on Dark Phoenix...
    I said rumors exactly because fans were talking about it, and some of these actresses answered questions about the possibility of playing Carol. That's why I used the word rumors.

http://collider.com/captain-marvel-m...asting-rumors/
    https://pt.ign.com/captain-marvel/23...captain-marvel (since you speak portuguese)
    https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kath...Say-69879.html

And these articles use the word rumors, so, you get what I mean, right?

Anyway, talking about Jessica: yes, it would be kind of ironic. When I saw the pictures of the reshoots with her and Sophie Turner, I thought it was funny, because in my mind Jessica would be the perfect Jean casting. Also, it is kind of ironic to think that Sophie, who is naturally blonde, dies her hair red for the movie, and Jessica, who is naturally a redhead, dies her hair blonde for the movie.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yeah, I guess there's really no wrong answer here. All are solid actresses, although Brie has more acting awards than you can shake a stick at, including Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, etc., etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Yvonne Strahovski was my first option as Carol but then I saw her in recent photos in that time and I didn't like her bc she looks a little old.
    Emily Blunt was the second one and when Brie was chosen I was so freaking mad until I watched Room. Now, I like her as Carol lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Do we actually know she's playing a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, I guess there's really no wrong answer here. All are solid actresses, although Brie has more acting awards than you can shake a stick at, including Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, etc., etc.
    Yep. And I also think they were looking for someone under 30, like Chris Evans when he was cast as Captain America. I guess what we're gonna have is Captain Marvel "replacing" Captain America, because you know, military backstory, and T'Challa "replacing" Iron Man, because you know, super suit.

For Carol's casting I didn't have an idea about which actress I wanted or any preference, because I knew Marvel would swipe me off my feet, and they did, because I definitely didn't expect that they would cast Brie Larson. From the first moment I already knew she would be a great Carol in terms of acting, but I was a little bit unsure because of looks, but after I saw more pictures and interviews of her I completely got over that and was 110% on board of the idea of Brie playing Carol. Looking back at 2016, they definitely went with the smartest choice, because it's hard to beat someone who has basically all acting awards haha while being 28 years old.

She is giving intense Carol vibes in this pic: 032718-brie-larson-lead.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Yvonne Strahovski was my first option as Carol but then I saw her in recent photos in that time and I didn't like her bc she looks a little old.
    Emily Blunt was the second one and when Brie was chosen I was so freaking mad until I watched Room. Now, I like her as Carol lol.
    I have no idea why, but I never liked the idea of Emily Blunt in a super hero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Do we actually know she's playing a villain?
    According to EW, yes.

And while Chastain is a non-human villain in a huge superhero movie

Here is the link: https://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/dar...in-x-men-role/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Didn’t see this here yet. Guessing alternate head is the helmet. Hoping the posing in the final version is a bit more dynamic. Can she fly?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/brielarso...671104/photo/1
    AA3A9655-CFC3-4EEB-A9D1-02A41D50AD0C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Didn’t see this here yet. Guessing alternate head is the helmet. Hoping the posing in the final version is a bit more dynamic. Can she fly?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/brielarso...671104/photo/1
    AA3A9655-CFC3-4EEB-A9D1-02A41D50AD0C.jpg
    I don't like it. There's a lot of MCU figures that they're more accurate than this one.

BANNED

According to EW, yes.

And while Chastain is a non-human villain in a huge superhero movie

Here is the link: https://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/dar...in-x-men-role/
    Seems more like EW jumping to a conclusion than EW having actual information they're keeping to themselves for whatever reason.

Seems more like EW jumping to a conclusion than EW having actual information they're keeping to themselves for whatever reason.
    I thought that EW was a reliable source regarding this kind of thing.

Here are a couple more articles saying she will play a villain:

https://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-ph...sica-chastain/
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/231...ay-actually-be

BANNED

I thought that EW was a reliable source regarding this kind of thing.

Here are a couple more articles saying she will play a villain:

https://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-ph...sica-chastain/
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/231...ay-actually-be
    All I see if them calling her a villain without any kind of source for this. They do not knowwho Chastain will be playing, what her role will be, but they somehow do know she's a villain. Does not compute.

All I see if them calling her a villain without any kind of source for this. They do not knowwho Chastain will be playing, what her role will be, but they somehow do know she's a villain. Does not compute.
    Honestly, I don't know. This is all I could find that seems somewhat reliable.