Page 763 of 822 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773813 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Carol have "skrull vision" or some type of gadget that can detect them?
    Could an actual use of cosmic awarness, if they are taking elements from Mar-Vell.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

origin

So... Before I can sort my thoughts about the trailer: "ACABOU PRA VOCE THANOS" aka "IT'S OVER FOR YOU THANOS" is trending on BR Twitter.

https://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvels-cat/
    Extremely important breaking news: Captain Marvel’s cat Chewie appears on the new Captain Marvel poster. The poster arrived today along with the exciting trailer, and eagle-eyed folks online have already spotted the tail-end of Chewie the Cat – who isn’t actually a cat at all, but actually a cat-like alien known as a Flerken. I swear I’m not making any of this up!

'Captain Marvel' Fans React to Carol Punching an Old Lady
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...g-an-old-lady/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-18-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Hmmmm, I found this trailer underwhelming. Why does Brie Larson look so bored? Feige often takes a peek to see what DC is doing. He should have studied that first Wonder Woman trailer that was released at Comic Con in 2016. This trailer should have popped just like that one did. I really like how Coulson and Fury look; that de-aging tech is amazing! This trailer was confusing and boring, and the lead actress has no presence at all. Let's see how the next trailer goes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Hmmmm, I found this trailer underwhelming. Why does Brie Larson look so bored? Feige often takes a peek to see what DC is doing. He should have studied that first Wonder Woman trailer that was released at Comic Con in 2016. This trailer should have popped just like that one did. I really like how Coulson and Fury look; that de-aging tech is amazing! This trailer was confusing and boring, and the lead actress has no presence at all. Let's see how the next trailer goes.
    I don't know what trailer was playing in your head but the actual trailer was not confusing, not boring, and Larson seems great.

Don't worry about the movie. It'll do just fine. And suggesting that Feige - or anyone, for that matter - should take notes from DC is fu*king laughable.

Perhaps her lack of presence has something to do with the mind wiping situation? I thought it was really awkward for someone like Brie Larson to be delivering lines like that, I mean, she is super used to doing drama, and lines in drama movies can't lack presence, so I guess this was intentional? Like her mind wiping process also wiped out part of her humanity, so that's why she seems really unemotional before she regains her memories, and that's way she is delivering lines like this (shot out to the state Carol was after Rogue's attack and her Binary situation perhaps?)
    One way or another, I really liked the trailer. It gives insight about Carol's past and what defines her. The sequence of her falling and then getting back up reminded me a lot of Captain America: The First Avenger.

Just a reminder, folks, that this is an Appreciation thread.

If you don't like any or all of the trailer, take it elsewhere.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Just a reminder, folks, that this is an Appreciation thread.

If you don't like any or all of the trailer, take it elsewhere.
    really? So opinions are censored in this forum? That's quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know what trailer was playing in your head but the actual trailer was not confusing, not boring, and Larson seems great.

Don't worry about the movie. It'll do just fine. And suggesting that Feige - or anyone, for that matter - should take notes from DC is fu*king laughable.
    Too bad there isn't a like button here, because you sir, deserve a big one

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It looks like they've merged Carol's history with Mar-Vell's to me, which I have very mixed feelings about. I do think it looks good. Let's face it, who'd bet against Marvel with their current track record. They are a hit-making machine.
    Yup, looks like her spy memories, in case of being caught, end up being what she believes are true.
    It looks like carol was actually turned into Captain Marvel. She is a Kree soldier that ends up protecting earth.

Spectacular Member

I loved the trailer. Everything was sooooo marvelous! I cannot wait for the movie. Cheers!*

*not my opinion but it's an appreciation thread!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s not really important but I like how the teaser and poster were dropped on the USAF’s birthday.

I thought the trailer did a great job showing most of the core things. Her "landing" on earth(and the fact that it's on the '90s), meeting Fury, a bit of her on space, her childhood, time on Air Force, the helmet, the skrulls, Binary(plus Chewie cameo on the poster!)... It shows a lot of what her character and the movie is all about, but on a subtle way rather than actually telling it all. I wish it was longer though, not even 2 minutes... More of a "teaser trailer".

About her "bored" look, they already said sometimes her kree side is dominant and she isn't fully human. And on top of that she did get mindwiped to forget her entire human life apparently. So she probably starts the movie as a bit of a stoic soldier and as it goes on she becomes more and more human as her memories start coming back. Brie said on interviews that she was actually able to use her experience on dramas on this movie, because it has humor, but when it's serious, it's serious(what I REALLY appreciate becasue it's lacking on a couple of MCU movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It’s not really important but I like how the teaser and poster were dropped on the USAF’s birthday.
    I'm sure it was on purpose, like how it's released on Women's day. Marvel's pretty clever with those dates.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-18-2018 at 11:00 AM.