Page 808 of 822 FirstFirst ... 308708758798804805806807808809810811812818 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    According to twitter, the costume colors are based on rank so maybe its related to that?
    Then how come everyone is dressed in green? Everyone is a captain? Green means captain according to the comics, but that gets ignored in comics now.
    I thought the movie was going to do the same and have green just be some general kree color.

I think she switches to red when she rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HELMETHAWK!!

They really went for it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Then how come everyone is dressed in green? Everyone is a captain? Green means captain according to the comics, but that gets ignored in comics now.
    I thought the movie was going to do the same and have green just be some general kree color.

I think she switches to red when she rebels.
    Maybe green is the standard Kree combat uniform and the red is for something else?

The red suit is definitely of Kree origin so I assume it’s color scheme has some purpose.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The red suit in the comics came from Zo who turned out to be a holographic projection of Zarek who was some high up government official engaging in some light treason, iirc.

I looked at the original Captain Marvel comics. I know Yon-Rogg was blue and white and Mar-Vell was green and white. Una wore pink and a lot of background characters wore pure green. The first issue where more than one character had a multicolored uniform with a logo on it was issue 8 where several characters wore blue and white, which tells me that it doesn't likely mean rank since Mar-Vell appeared to be second in command and there weren't a whole bunch of people who shared rank with Yon-Rogg.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Not going to lie i am not feeling all that hyped to see it after watching the new trailer, also i hate that helmet...i hated it in the comics and seeing it in the trailer made me hate it more.
    The only good thing i saw was that they didn't give her the "Something about Mary" hairdo when not using the stupid helmet and that she actually smiled a bit.
    Also does anyone else feel like the Skrulls look off or is it just me? Because i remember seeing an image with them and i felt that looked WAY better than what we got in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also does anyone else feel like the Skrulls look off or is it just me? Because i remember seeing an image with them and i felt that looked WAY better than what we got in the trailer.
    Nah, they look fine to me. Maybe a little paler than we're used to, but pointy ears, green skin, wrinkled chin, weird hats, like the color purple......yup, they're skrulls all right.

Now then. There's an article here about the Captain Marvel toy line. There's a......mild.....spoiler. I'm looking forward to people's reactions. Dont even wanna put it in spoiler tags, it's something you need to see for yourself. Go look, I'll wait.

Here's a hint: it's *not* Nick Fury.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

is that a spoiler? I thought it was obvious.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    is that a spoiler? I thought it was obvious.
    Confirmation is always nice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nah, they look fine to me. Maybe a little paler than we're used to, but pointy ears, green skin, wrinkled chin, weird hats, like the color purple......yup, they're skrulls all right.

Now then. There's an article here about the Captain Marvel toy line. There's a......mild.....spoiler. I'm looking forward to people's reactions. Dont even wanna put it in spoiler tags, it's something you need to see for yourself. Go look, I'll wait.

Here's a hint: it's *not* Nick Fury.
    I've gone over it three times and it still feels off, like they are more of an offshoot of the "Dark Elves" From Thor Dark World.

Either way i just don't feel it, like i can pass this one and focus more on Spider-man and Avenger 4.

I mean do i feel like it will make a ton of cash? Yes, probably since no Marvel movie has failed yet financially (not even IM3 which i feel is one of the weaker ones next to Thor 2)...but do i feel like this is how Marvel finally one ups DC's WW? No, sorry i don't get that same vibe as when i see WW either in the books or the movie. Danvers just doesn't do it for me as Marvel's answer to Diana.

I think it's because Larson just doesn't feel like she should play this role when i compare her to Gadot as WW, i don't know who should play it but i honestly feel like it shouldn't have been her.

Well that's just my opinion, though i guess now i will be the bearer of a lot of flak for saying that as it seems to be the tendency nowadays.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 12-04-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Y'all, that Puss gonna f*ck up Fury's eye.

Those be kitty claw wounds!!

ALSO: LMFAO at all these "fans" of the MCU who are legit butthurt about Carol's powers??! "Too Over powered" "Whats with the glowing??" "Oh she can just do EVERYTHING huh? Fly? Fire blasts? Punch? Seriously?"

Maybe they missed all the previous MCU flicks with Iron Man flying around and blasting multiple targets all the live long day?
    Or this GEM???
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-05-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't hate the helmet, but I think it is unnecessary. Despite Kelly Sue Deconnick's run apparently being 'acclaimed', she added a lot of silly elements to the character -- one of which was the helmet. The other one was Carol living at the top of the Statue of Liberty. That seemed like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon.

But what is the purpose of that helmet? Is it an homage to the original Captain Mar-Vell. I mean, he only had that helmet a short time, so why bother? I will say it doesn't look as bad in the film as it did in the comics, but wish the filmmakers had just ignored it.

There was a functionality to it, as well as a wink/nod to the Kree Warrior aesthetic. It also distinguished her from the many long haired female heroes at the time and was meant to act as a visual indicator of drama. When the helmet is applied, things are about to get intense. Whether the readership agrees with that or not, it was the intent of the author/artist.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-05-2018 at 07:33 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah the helmet was a nod to Mar-Vell's OG suit but they rarely used it in Bendis', DeCorrmick's and Hickman's books. I know they use it a lot in the Assemble cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I've gone over it three times and it still feels off, like they are more of an offshoot of the "Dark Elves" From Thor Dark World.

I think it's because Larson just doesn't feel like she should play this role when i compare her to Gadot as WW, i don't know who should play it but i honestly feel like it shouldn't have been her.

Well that's just my opinion, though i guess now i will be the bearer of a lot of flak for saying that as it seems to be the tendency nowadays.
    Hey man, you do you. If you dont like the trailer, that's okay. You're allowed to not like things. And who knows, maybe the actual movie will impress you? This is just a trailer, after all.

Is Brie/Carol the answer to DC's Wonder Woman? No. There *is* no answer to Wonder Woman, and I think fans need to stop looking for one; trying to hold Carol, or any fictional character, up to the same levels as Diana is just going to result in the character not measuring up. Diana's a gods damn pop culture icon; she's burned into the DNA of the entire Western world; we're practically born knowing who she is. No one (male or female) is going to compare to that.

When they cast Gadot as Diana, I wasn't sold on the choice. She didn't have a lot of experience, and she's skinny as hell. In the first few glimpses we got of her, I was not convinced. But damned if Gadot didn't knock it out of the park with her performance. All we've got from Brie is a handful of lines, mostly out of context, from a trailer. I think that she seems to be playing Carol a lot "softer" than we're used to seeing Carol handled these days, but for all we know right now, we'll all walk out of the theater thinking that Brie owns the role as much as Downy owns Stark, Evans owns Rogers, or Gadot owns Diana. Time will tell. I mean, her line about "noble warrior heroes" felt like it had the perfect amount of Carol Danvers swagger and frankness to it.

MCU Carol isn't going to be Marvel's Wonder Woman. She's going to be Marvel's Captain Marvel. That's all she has to be. Yes, comparisons with Wonder Woman will happen, but that will never go Carol's way because she's not an eighty year old culture icon often considered to be the face of feminism.

Besides, I'm sure WB will screw up the next Wonder Woman film and that will be that.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-05-2018 at 07:51 AM.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah the helmet was a nod to Mar-Vell's OG suit but they rarely used it in Bendis', DeCorrmick's and Hickman's books. I know they use it a lot in the Assemble cartoon.
    DeCorrmick?
    Y'mean Deconnick?

DeConnick was used pretty near every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is Brie/Carol the answer to DC's Wonder Woman? No. There *is* no answer to Wonder Woman
    Agreed. Its just silly. They're not competing. I mean, technically the two film giants (Marvel vs DC) ARE competing in a way. They ARE a business. But the continuous "Is she Marvel's Wonder Woman?" question is still silly.
    It really speaks to the rarity of these female-led films that an immediate line in the sand tends to be drawn, competitively comparing and contrasting.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-05-2018 at 07:43 AM.