Page 809 of 822 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gods I love that moment! Ragnarok and Infinity War have finally brought me the Thor I've been demanding since 2011! He's still not powerful enough though; where's the hurricanes of doom and death?

And people were complaining about Carol's power levels?

Really?

We've got a Star Wars space battle with a superhero in the middle of it blowing the hell out of star ships. It's like Superman decided to help Luke on the Death Star run. Who the f**king f**k would complain about that? That is one of the coolest gods damned things a superhero movie could possibly give us!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is Brie/Carol the answer to DC's Wonder Woman? No. There *is* no answer to Wonder Woman, and I think fans need to stop looking for one; trying to hold Carol, or any fictional character, up to the same levels as Diana is just going to result in the character not measuring up. Diana's a gods damn pop culture icon; she's burned into the DNA of the entire Western world; we're practically born knowing who she is. No one (male or female) is going to compare to that.
    MCU Carol isn't going to be Marvel's Wonder Woman. She's going to be Marvel's Captain Marvel. That's all she has to be. Yes, comparisons with Wonder Woman will happen, but that will never go Carol's way because she's not an eighty year old culture icon often considered to be the face of feminism.
    Brilliantly said.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Gods I love that moment! Ragnarok and Infinity War have finally brought me the Thor I've been demanding since 2011! He's still not powerful enough though; where's the hurricanes of doom and death?

Really?

We've got a Star Wars space battle with a superhero in the middle of it blowing the hell out of star ships. It's like Superman decided to help Luke on the Death Star run. Who the f**king f**k would complain about that? That is one of the coolest gods damned things a superhero movie could possibly give us!
    I finished infinity last weekend and I’m honestly kind of sad we’ll never get a live action recreation of issue 4. It’d be great to see MCU Thor do some **** like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I finished infinity last weekend and I’m honestly kind of sad we’ll never get a live action recreation of issue 4. It’d be great to see MCU Thor do some **** like that.
    Well, we do have A4 coming up, and Hemsworth did talk about how he and Takiti (however you spell his name) bounced ideas for a fourth Thor film around.

Who knows? Maybe all hope is not yet lost for Thor.

I definitely hope we get to see him and Carol tagteam Thanos. That'll be a hell of a fight, and Thor already proved that he's capable of taking Thanos on; that new axe is pretty badass.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    But what is the purpose of that helmet? Is it an homage to the original Captain Mar-Vell. I mean, he only had that helmet a short time, so why bother? I will say it doesn't look as bad in the film as it did in the comics, but wish the filmmakers had just ignored it.
    Personally I think the helmet works a lot better visually on-film then it has in the comics or cartoons.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved the trailer on Monday night. Brie looks like the perfect choice to be Carol. I will not be watching anymore trailers though because I don't want to spoiled with anymore stuff. That scene at the end though with Carol in her new red and blue suit and eyes flaring with power and energy was awesome! Can't wait to see this in the theaters.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Really?

Yeah, watching the new trailer, I loved seeing how powerful Carol is.

It's something that, in the comics, one tends to take for granted because those kinds of feats are common in the books but when you think about what we've seen in the MCU so far, it really is huge to see a character flying in space, firing power blasts and blowing up starships. It's taking things to a whole other level for superheroes on screen and it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I think the helmet works a lot better visually on-film then it has in the comics or cartoons.
    Yeah. I didn't like the helmet being used in the comics at all tbh. But for some reason, when I see it on the trailer, I get super hyped.

BANNED

Helmet works in the binary form, but looks weird in regular to me.

I think it's because of how gloriously cosmic it looks with a blazing trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The red suit in the comics came from Zo who turned out to be a holographic projection of Zarek who was some high up government official engaging in some light treason, iirc.

I looked at the original Captain Marvel comics. I know Yon-Rogg was blue and white and Mar-Vell was green and white. Una wore pink and a lot of background characters wore pure green. The first issue where more than one character had a multicolored uniform with a logo on it was issue 8 where several characters wore blue and white, which tells me that it doesn't likely mean rank since Mar-Vell appeared to be second in command and there weren't a whole bunch of people who shared rank with Yon-Rogg.
    the colors being discussed are for the military ranks. Una was a medic and the ship also had mechanics which used different colors.

Hey man, you do you. If you dont like the trailer, that's okay. You're allowed to not like things. And who knows, maybe the actual movie will impress you? This is just a trailer, after all.

Is Brie/Carol the answer to DC's Wonder Woman? No. There *is* no answer to Wonder Woman, and I think fans need to stop looking for one; trying to hold Carol, or any fictional character, up to the same levels as Diana is just going to result in the character not measuring up. Diana's a gods damn pop culture icon; she's burned into the DNA of the entire Western world; we're practically born knowing who she is. No one (male or female) is going to compare to that.

When they cast Gadot as Diana, I wasn't sold on the choice. She didn't have a lot of experience, and she's skinny as hell. In the first few glimpses we got of her, I was not convinced. But damned if Gadot didn't knock it out of the park with her performance. All we've got from Brie is a handful of lines, mostly out of context, from a trailer. I think that she seems to be playing Carol a lot "softer" than we're used to seeing Carol handled these days, but for all we know right now, we'll all walk out of the theater thinking that Brie owns the role as much as Downy owns Stark, Evans owns Rogers, or Gadot owns Diana. Time will tell. I mean, her line about "noble warrior heroes" felt like it had the perfect amount of Carol Danvers swagger and frankness to it.

MCU Carol isn't going to be Marvel's Wonder Woman. She's going to be Marvel's Captain Marvel. That's all she has to be. Yes, comparisons with Wonder Woman will happen, but that will never go Carol's way because she's not an eighty year old culture icon often considered to be the face of feminism.

Besides, I'm sure WB will screw up the next Wonder Woman film and that will be that.
    I'll go see it and give it a shot it deserves that much, i mean i did the same with Venom...though boy did i regret that move and the waste of money and i liked the character so it hurt more. Here it's the reverse because Marvel did a bang up job to make me dislike her, so maybe you are right and the movie won't hit me as hard as the comics did...at least i hope doesn't.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    the colors being discussed are for the military ranks. Una was a medic and the ship also had mechanics which used different colors.

What is that being drawn from? As I said, if that's the case, an early Captain Marvel issue has Mar-Vell leading two Colonels who are not Yon-Rogg into battle.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What is that being drawn from? As I said, if that's the case, an early Captain Marvel issue has Mar-Vell leading two Colonels who are not Yon-Rogg into battle.
    It's from Marvel's official handbook, an old one of course. Which issue are you talking about because Marv was a hero to the Kree, so it could've been a flashback to a war that him popular.

I think I recognize where the Kree rank art is from. It's from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe from the early/mid-1980s. A back and white form is included in the Essential Ms.Marvel volume. (Which I have.)

Gravity was nearly Captain Marvel. If that had happened, Carol would've still been Ms. Marvel.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42999-tom-...-mckelvie.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman