Page 60 of 822 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tacobongo View Post
    What do y'all suppose a Black Widow film would look like? The Name of the Rose?

I would love to see a Captain Marvel movie with Katee Sackhoff as Carol. That'd be pretty much the best thing ever. Also a mid/after-credits scene with Kamala.
    I think it would look like a middling Bourne movie, elevated by Legend ScarJo. What it should look like is The Conversation or something like that.

Sackhoff is the popular choice for good reason, she immediately paints certain qualities of Carol by her presence/persona alone. Starbuck kind of reminded me of Busiek's Ms. Marvel from the late nineties, imho.

Anna Torv for Carol!

if you want to get a decent look at what a BW movie could be like, watch Angelina Jolie's Salt and imagine the villain's actually Red Skull or Baron Strucker and I reckon you'd be about 75% there.
    I surrender to the Contest

I'm still hoping for kristen bell for carol. I reckon Katie sackhoff already has the job and hasn't yet announced it though

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I reckon Katee Sackhoff already has the job and hasn't yet announced it though
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member

I just can't wait to see it pop up at the SDCC big screen. I can picture the hoards of fans going crrraaaazzzzzaaaaayyy.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I would love to see a Captain Marvel movie with Katee Sackhoff as Carol. That'd be pretty much the best thing ever. Also a mid/after-credits scene with Kamala.

I'm tired of a decade plus of movies (superhero and otherwise) where the fate of the world is always hanging in the balance. I'd like to see heroes working on a smaller scale problem, like in a small area or to help a small group of people.

Black Widow could be a small scale spy thriller like Three Days of the Condor.
    Captain Marvel could be something like Aliens or Attack the Block--not that it has to have aliens, just a conflict that seems manageable and comprehensible to one person (as opposed to 'stab this with a spear or the world explodes, again') while still being compelling.

Also, no more 20 minute fist fights please.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Captain Marvel is finally in Marvel Puzzle Quest!!!!!!!!!!!
    She looks GORGEOUS ! <3
    The art of the game is amazing.

My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

If they were to make a Widow movie, I think that they ought to use Yelena Belova as the villain and have the plot deal with the Red Room program. Take some stuff from the first Yelena story and also Name of the Rose.

Also Yvonne Strahovski will always be my first pick for Carol.

Ultimate Member

I agree that a Black Widow movie should be more black op-ish and gritty. Kind of like TWS, only darker and having a climax that's not as bombastic as the "HYDRA wants to kill 20 million people with Hellicarriers" thing. Also, ideally it'd go more into her past, which is still quite mysterious in the MCU. Using a new BW (Yelena Belova) to facilitate that could be a good way to go.

I to am hoping that Captain Marvel will be one of these as of yet unknown 2017-2019 movies that Marvel just gave release dates to. Yvonne is my #1 choice to play Carol as well, but Katee Sackhoff would be a pretty good one as well. She'd definitely be good at portraying Carol's toughness at least.

BANNED

The good Captain might not have her day until the very end of the window, in 2019.

Come with me on this journey.

It is almost certain (due to time constraints) that Carol will be the first Captain Marvel in the MCU. But I still think Mar-Vell will play a role in her origin (sure they could write out the half-Kree thing, but what about the name?).

For Mar-Vell to show up you'd have to establish the Kree (and the Skrull, they're a package deal). I expect the Guardians movie to at least name drop the Kree, but unless Phase 3 takes a major turn to the cosmic side, the eaeth-based heroes may not make contact with the larger universe until Avengers 3 (when Thanos, who of course comes from space, will come around).

At the current rate of production Avengers 3 will be here in 2018, and thus by 2019 all the pieces will be in place for Captain Marvel to take flight.

I still would imagine Carol herself will be in a movie or two before she gets powers.

Ultimate Member

AOS already name-dropped the Kree in the Lady Sif episode. Also, it's been confirmed that Ronan is also a Kree in the GOTG movie. Actually, that brings up another possibility for how Carol could get her powers. The whole TAHITI project that SHIELD used to bring Coulson back, and later Skye to, involved some kind of dead alien body. This alien certainly LOOKS like it could be a Kree, although that hasn't been confirmed. So, let's say Carol gets seriously injured at some point, someone could inject her with this same formula that they used on the aforementioned characters. Also, we know that taking this stuff has weird side effects, so getting powers could be one of those in Carol's case.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 07-20-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I'm tired of a decade plus of movies (superhero and otherwise) where the fate of the world is always hanging in the balance. I'd like to see heroes working on a smaller scale problem, like in a small area or to help a small group of people.

Black Widow could be a small scale spy thriller like Three Days of the Condor.
    Captain Marvel could be something like Aliens or Attack the Block--not that it has to have aliens, just a conflict that seems manageable and comprehensible to one person (as opposed to 'stab this with a spear or the world explodes, again') while still being compelling.
    Yeah, I like this approach a lot.

Also, no more 20 minute fist fights please.
    tbh I didn't mind the stuff in TWS, but the battle sequence in Avengers was just atrocious. It went on for way, way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    This alien certainly LOOKS like it could be a Kree, although that hasn't been confirmed.
    It's been confirmed in interviews.

tbh I didn't mind the stuff in TWS, but the battle sequence in Avengers was just atrocious. It went on for way, way too long.
    Blasphemy! The Avengers battle didn't go on long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Blasphemy! The Avengers battle didn't go on long enough!
    It felt like half the damn movie! I think I probably would have liked it better if the army being fought were more interesting, like had any personality at all. There are some good character moments that happen during the battle though, so it's not all bad.