Page 822 of 822 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822
Results 12,316 to 12,326 of 12326

Personally, I thought Captain Marvel arc by Kris Anka and Michelle Fazekas where Alpha Flight was first introduced was the best Carol as CM Marvel story ever. Something about Carol being the Captain Kirk of the Marvel Universe really resonated with me. I was really disappointed that they didn't do more arcs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Personally, I thought Captain Marvel arc by Kris Anka and Michelle Fazekas where Alpha Flight was first introduced was the best Carol as CM Marvel story ever. Something about Carol being the Captain Kirk of the Marvel Universe really resonated with me. I was really disappointed that they didn't do more arcs.
    Yes, those 5 issues were great. Too bad the book went downhill after that when it had to tie into the events of Civil War II. The Mighty Captain Marvel series that followed was completely meh. Although I did enjoy the final legacy issues (#125-129) but I never followed up on that story (anyone know which issues of Countdown to Infinity and Infinity Wars I should read to find out how Carol gets back to her own universe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno if "young" is the word I would use. "Soft" definitely though. In my head, I sort of expect Carol to sound like a no-nonsense drill instructor, at least when she's working. And we haven't really heard much of that from Brie. The film itself could be totally different of course, and I feel like there was at least one line of dialogue where I heard what I expected from the character (though I cant recall what the line was now).

We'll see. Marvel has rarely let us down with casting.
    In my mind, Carol's voice was a tad lower, maybe even had some rasp to it, and I hear something akin to Eliza Dushku's voice when I "hear" her in my mind, but I wasn't necessarily put off by the sound of Brie.

The line in the trailer when she points out that she and Starforce are HEROES, on top of Noble Kree Warriors, and gives that grin sold me. I cannot wait.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly, I really only remember the first storyline from that book, and I just could not get into it. I would have to take a second read through to see if my mind has changed.
    I did feel like her initial story was the weakest story and the book improved over time.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The line in the trailer when she points out that she and Starforce are HEROES, on top of Noble Kree Warriors, and gives that grin sold me. I cannot wait.
    I think that might've been the line I was thinking of. Lots of swagger in that line, and it definitely felt like Carol to me.

I'm sure Brie will be fine. Brie's a damn successful and talented person and Fiege and co. know what they're doing. So I'm not worried.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think that might've been the line I was thinking of. Lots of swagger in that line, and it definitely felt like Carol to me.

I'm sure Brie will be fine. Brie's a damn successful and talented person and Fiege and co. know what they're doing. So I'm not worried.
    Yes yes. Swagger. That line was juuuuuust bragadocious enough to ride that fence of Pride and Arrogance.

BANNED

It's meant to be prideful, almost propaganda-ish. In movie it'll probably be contrasted be nick fury raising an eyebrow and being like "okay...?"

You can sort of see this when she takes down skrull grandma and does a hero pose, everyone's just like "the hell is wrong with this bih?"

I think the character arc will involve disillusionment as she regains her memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    In my mind, Carol's voice was a tad lower, maybe even had some rasp to it, and I hear something akin to Eliza Dushku's voice when I "hear" her in my mind, but I wasn't necessarily put off by the sound of Brie.

For me it's the "I'm gonna end it" line, but I also think she kind of sounds a little like a petulant teenager when she says it .

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-championship/

Exclusive Captain Marvel Preview during the NCAA Championship on Jan, 7th
    I enjoyed the trailer and I’m still excited for the movie. The way Carol blasts away in outer space is phenomenal.

The Carol Corps in Secret Wars was my best Carol. It was women, and secret women’s business as we say in Australia. To me there are two Carols. The commanding Carol Corps, Danvers, and, the man-chasing vulnerable Danvers. That’s where I like Wonder Woman so much. There is no man-chasing vulnerable Wonder Woman.

Two women film characters stand out to me now, and they each have their own theme music that tells you who is on screen. Jessica Jones and Wonder Woman. Once I hear the music, the hackles on the back of my neck are raised.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-01-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me it's the "I'm gonna end it" line, but I also think she kind of sounds a little like a petulant teenager when she says it .
    I can't describe how I feel about the "I'm gonna end it" line in any other way than "Yaas Queen!".