Page 761 of 822 FirstFirst ... 261661711751757758759760761762763764765771811 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 12326

well, didn't expect much from a teaser.

it was ok.

best shot was this

Last edited by juan678; 09-18-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I saw it as a shout out to the whole Rogue stealing Carol's memories/powers thing. It's obvious at this point that the screenwriters ( or at least whoever did the treatment) is mixing elements from tons of old comics as well as the more recent runs.
    ok, this makes me at least excited for Captain Marvel 2.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Here it appears like the Kree might have done something to her to her to affect her memories (the shot of her restrained in that machine). Which would give her a reason to turn on the Kree once she realizes what colossal A-holes they are as well.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I watched it again. still meh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I kept expecting a tease to her massive power since they keep hyping it up so much in the interviews. Like how the end shot of the first Thor trailer was a massive AoE ground attack.

This was oddly more... personal? than I expected.

Most be too much CGI stuff to release right now.

Solid trailer but I kept waiting for the last scene money shot.
    We still have like 6 months. I'm sure the begining of the year they'll be releasing more expansive trailers.

BANNED

We still have like 6 months. I'm sure the begining of the year they'll be releasing more expansive trailers.
    Exactly. For a teaser, this actually showed quite a bit.

And I like that it focused more on Carol as a person and how this is about her journey as a hero than just throwing a lot of FX shots around.

Well of course. By the 4th? trailer a ton fo the movie will be release haha.

For a first trailer to a character they have been hyping a lot recently and a character that isn't known to the gen pop... i just expected some sort of money shot to drag them in. Like the "BP blows up car and does flip onto other car" ending for a recent example. "Thor and Hulk running out each other" for another.

For a marvel trailer, it just felt a little flat. As a giant MCU fan, how they are doing the origin and memory stuff is highly intriguing though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

they are playing it very safe with the trailer. that's the marvel formula. and, if it's not broke, no need to fix it. but I had hoped for something a little more over-the-top; like a Carol Danvers channeling George Nada and/or Jack Burton.

Spectacular Member

it is also the first time that I think that they should replace Andy Park now. Captain Marvel's suit is looking too much like Ant-Man and the Wasp. It is time now to find a new aesthetic for these movies in my eyes and revamp the entire look with something new and fresh. That trailer felt like more of the same. but not in a good way.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-18-2018 at 06:58 AM.

I dare say, I almost got a little emotional watching that. There's so much to be excited about.

- "Higher, Further, Faster" on the poster
    - THE HELMET
    - The fact that she smashed into a blockbuster.
    - The sequence with all of the younger versions of herself falling down harkens back to that line about "every little girl flies"
    - Skrullpunching!
    - That it seems like her brain's been messed with. That's such a hallmark of her history.

... but where's Chewie?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    it is also the first time that I think that they should replace Andy Park now. Captain Marvel's suit is looking too much like Ant-Man and the Wasp. It is time now to find a new aesthetic for these movies in my eyes and revamp the entire look with something new and fresh. That trailer felt like more of the same.
    I agree. It needs to distinguish itself from all the others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    it is also the first time that I think that they should replace Andy Park now. Captain Marvel's suit is looking too much like Ant-Man and the Wasp. It is time now to find a new aesthetic for these movies in my eyes and revamp the entire look with something new and fresh. That trailer felt like more of the same. but not in a good way.
    You can see Chewie in the poster, right at the bottom to the left.

I don't know how I feel about this trailer....
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    If the trailer is accurate and the Kree seemingly tied Carol to a machine and wiped her memories essentially, then it'd give her plenty of reason to turn on them once she realized what amazing douchebags they can be.
    end of spoilers