Page 281 of 822 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Hmmm, you think we can trust her to write Carol? On her blog, she has these Female Super Hero lists and always ranks Rogue above Carol. She's even mentioned in the past that she HATED Carol because of what Rogue did to her. Crazy, right? Granted, past tense about something many years ago, but my suspicion kicks in (what? I'm from Milwaukee) when thinking about her helming a Carol comic, much less possibly doing a Carol/Rogue story like Tiamatty suggests. *I* just want to read badass Carol stories!

For the record, I have both of Kelly Thompson's novels and they are awesome reads not to mention she's been very nice in email and online.
    Yeah, Kelly has said that she always hated Carol. And now Carol's one of her favourite characters, which is a testament to KSD's work. So I figure she'd try to do Carol justice. She'd do badass Carol stories. She'd just probably do one badass Carol story that includes badass Rogue, and exploring their complicated relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    For much of her history Rogue was a much more popular character than Carol so that's really not surprising. For many years Carol was basically "That chick Rogue drained her powers from."
    Up until her transition to Captain Marvel, that is literally all I knew about Carol. Those five minutes from the old X-Men cartoon.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

For much of her history Rogue was a much more popular character than Carol so that's really not surprising. For many years Carol was basically "That chick Rogue drained her powers from."
    Popular because of Carol. And because all the 90's promo were based on the X-men, specially the cartoon. When Carol started to appear again among the Avengers and on her Ms.Marvel solo series in 2006, it all started to change. Now.. she s much more than Rogue. And will be even more, after the movie.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Popular because of Carol. And because all the 90's promo were based on the X-men, specially the cartoon. When Carol started to appear again among the Avengers and on her Ms.Marvel solo series in 2006, it all started to change. Now.. she s much more than Rogue. And will be even more, after the movie.
    Well, Rogue is less now because of all the horrible things that has happened to her in Uncanny Avengers.

Spectacular Member

i think rogue was diminished when she lost carol's power set. so many people thought of her mainly as someone who was really strong and could fly.

BANNED

That was true like 20 years ago, but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Up until her transition to Captain Marvel, that is literally all I knew about Carol. Those five minutes from the old X-Men cartoon.
    Um, she did have her own solo series from 2006-2010 and she was the leader of Bendis' Mighty Avengers for a while. That's what put Carol Danvers back on the map, not KSD.

BANNED

KSD invited Kelly Thompson to write Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps. I think it's safe to say she trusts Thompson with the character.

Not sure if this is true or reported on any other sites but I found this that says the new writers are Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas, the show runners of the Agent Carter show apparently, with art by Kris Anka. Not only that but Captain Marvel will be replacing SWORD, which is gone for some reason, for defending the planet from aliens.

Does anyone else see this news posted anywhere? Here's the link.
    http://m.fastcompany.com/3047641/mos...arter-showrunn

Edit: never mind Newsarama and Bleedingcool have the same news.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-23-2015 at 06:35 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I will miss the mane, sensible or not, and the helmet (if included) will be lacking that funky mohawk.

I'm super jazzed about Anka though. I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not sure if this is true or reported on any other sites but I found this that says the new writers are Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas, the show runners of the Agent Carter show apparently, with art by Kris Anka. Not only that but Captain Marvel will be replacing SWORD, which is gone for some reason, for defending the planet from aliens.

Sounds like SWORD and looks a bit like the Nova Corp from GotG movie.

I love Anka, and his sensible update to Captain Marvel's costume is perfect. Definitely looks like it'll be a smooth transition to the Silver Screen in a couple of years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

The hair. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. Since when did comic books have to be so concerned with practicality? Should Marvel now give all its female heroes butch haircuts? Is Odinson's hair now too long? I've actually been in the military, and a military look doesn't exactly mean a butch haircut. Carol could pass for the "military look" if her hair was how it looked in The Avenging Spiderman:

Edit: I did enjoy Agent Carter, so I will be interested in their take on Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    The hair. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. Since when did comic books have to be so concerned with practicality? Should Marvel now give all its female heroes butch haircuts? Is Odinson's hair now too long? I've actually been in the military, and a military look doesn't exactly mean a butch haircut. .
    Its ONE woman. (Okay, Maria Hill and Quake too)

Fantastic Sams Conspiracy!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its ONE woman. (Okay, Maria Hill and Quake too)

Fantastic Sams Conspiracy!!
    Which are characters I don't care too much about. Its not a conspiracy, I'm just applying their very flawed logic to the rest of the Marvel universe that comic books have to be so grounded in practicality.
    Last edited by Mike82; 06-23-2015 at 07:56 AM.

It always turns out to be somebody you never could have guessed in a million years. The Agent Carter folks writing Captain Marvel? Sign me up! I think this will be interesting.

(But in response to earlier threads - yes, I would have trusted Thompson with the book. Nobody is going to pick up their highest profile comic job ever just to tear down the character. That would be unprofessional and highly stupid. Marvel wouldn't have let that happen either. I think Thompson would have done an excellent job - she's done fine with Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps so far.)