Page 764 of 822 FirstFirst ... 264664714754760761762763764765766767768774814 ... LastLast
Results 11,446 to 11,460 of 12326

damn, dropping from Space to Earth without a scratch.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thought the trailer did a great job showing most of the core things. Her "landing" on earth(and the fact that it's on the '90s), meeting Fury, a bit of her on space, her childhood, time on Air Force, the helmet, the skrulls, Binary(plus Chewie cameo on the poster!)... It shows a lot of what her character and the movie is all about, but on a subtle way rather than actually telling it all. I wish it was longer though, not even 2 minutes... More of a "teaser trailer".

About her "bored" look, they already said sometimes her kree side is dominant and she isn't fully human. And on top of that she did get mindwiped to forget her entire human life apparently. So she probably starts the movie as a bit of a stoic soldier and as it goes on she becomes more and more human as her memories start coming back. Brie said on interviews that she was actually able to use her experience on dramas on this movie, because it has humor, but when it's serious, it's serious(what I REALLY appreciate becasue it's lacking on a couple of MCU movies).

I'm sure it was on purpose, like how it's released on Women's day. Marvel's pretty clever with those dates.
    Oh I’m sure it was. I’m just appreciating it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    damn, dropping from Space to Earth without a scratch.

Wasn't she in a pod?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wasn't she in a pod?
    yep but it exploded.

than again, trailers are misleading.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Really? I mean, it could be interpreted as that. However, Rogue isn't the cause. I saw it as a straight forward, she's been abducted and experimented on (as seen in the trailer) which has left her mind a bit addled.
    I meant more in the sense that after the Rogue incident, Carol spent a long time struggling with her memories and emotions and this was a big part of her development for a while. I'm thinking that the writers read those stories and thought that could be one of the themes of the film.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I thought it was a different take on the early years of Ms Marvel, when she was effectively a duel-personality, with one half not remembering the other.
    Could be that as well.

So... Before I can sort my thoughts about the trailer: "ACABOU PRA VOCE THANOS" aka "IT'S OVER FOR YOU THANOS" is trending on BR Twitter.
    Are you brazilian?

I thought the trailer did a great job showing most of the core things. Her "landing" on earth(and the fact that it's on the '90s), meeting Fury, a bit of her on space, her childhood, time on Air Force, the helmet, the skrulls, Binary(plus Chewie cameo on the poster!)... It shows a lot of what her character and the movie is all about, but on a subtle way rather than actually telling it all. I wish it was longer though, not even 2 minutes... More of a "teaser trailer".

About her "bored" look, they already said sometimes her kree side is dominant and she isn't fully human. And on top of that she did get mindwiped to forget her entire human life apparently. So she probably starts the movie as a bit of a stoic soldier and as it goes on she becomes more and more human as her memories start coming back. Brie said on interviews that she was actually able to use her experience on dramas on this movie, because it has humor, but when it's serious, it's serious(what I REALLY appreciate becasue it's lacking on a couple of MCU movies).

I'm sure it was on purpose, like how it's released on Women's day. Marvel's pretty clever with those dates.
    Totally agree with you about the humanity thing

Incredible Member

The reactions seem pretty negative overall which is surprising. At least I liked it and I like the fact that even as someone who has read her comics I'm not entirely not sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    The reactions seem pretty negative overall which is surprising. At least I liked it and I like the fact that even as someone who has read her comics I'm not entirely not sure what's going on.
    Really? Here in my country people are going nuts

Carol Corps + the general public that just watches the movies seems to love it or at least like it. That's what really matters. Carol is one of the most hated characters on the overall comics fandom so I'm not surprised.

Extraordinary Member

People like the scene where she punches the Skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Are you brazilian?

Invincible Member

Some people are a little underwhelmed that's all. And really, that's ok...this is just a teaser.

Invincible Member

Carol Corps + the general public that just watches the movies seems to love it or at least like it. That's what really matters. Carol is one of the most hated characters on the overall comics fandom so I'm not surprised.
    The "Gatekeepers" were making their videos for the last month or two. Now that the official trailer has dropped, I expect "The Skeptic Community" to start chiming in.