Page 483 of 822 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    She just followed my account yea, like the movie and book writers and artists! so amazing!

Sooo happy cause Brie is so talented, brings credibility. She looks older than her age in my opinion, she can deliver a badass Captain Marvel. She fell in love with her Carol and her inspirational image. She dives into her characters. Also, shes gonna be almost 30 when the movie is released.
    Just wait till you all see her fully dressed up and characterised. Also, she has a long life within MCU. Marvel never miscast in my opinion.

I remember people saying bad things about Gal Gadot and now are just into her.
    I will laugh my ass off if the movie costume is the black swimsuit.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

You really think? Promoting a character to a new level, with new iconic costume to release a movie in her previous outfit? it wont. sorry to burst your bubble!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

it wont. sorry to burst your bubble!
    Like i said, i will laugh my ass off if it happens.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

aff ok......
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like i said, i will laugh my ass off if it happens.
    Well, it won't happen. It'll be a variation on her uniform, rather than a variation on the black swimsuit. The MCU puts a focus on the costumes being practical. A swimsuit isn't really practical for battle. And just in general, the blue-and-red starbolt uniform is simply a better overall design than the all-black lightning bolt costume. Even modifying the lightning bolt costume to be more practical, the uniform is just a more visually striking design, with the brighter colours that the MCU tends to favour. And even beyond all that, Marvel made a big deal of her adopting the uniform, and it got tons of love from the Carol Corps, and it's the look that Marvel's been pushing a lot more in other places, like video games, cartoons and collectibles. So they're not likely to go back to the black costume for the movie.

I mean, sure, feel free to laugh "if it happens." But don't expect it to happen. It'll be a variation on the blue-and-red uniform. Of course it will be. There's really no doubt that's what they'll go for.

About the most I can see for the black costume is for her to wear the swimsuit part while doing laps in a pool or something.

I would too. As much as I like that design the best I'm hoping for is a Jessica Jones 'Jewel' costume moment for it.
    They are, in other words, posed the way their male colleagues are typically posed. They are posed as heroes.
    G. Willow Wilson in regards to this picture.

I hope she gets to wear a variation of it onscreen

Astonishing Member

You really think? Promoting a character to a new level, with new iconic costume to release a movie in her previous outfit? it wont. sorry to burst your bubble!
    I don't know how anyone can describe the current outfit as iconic -- it's generic and looks like several other character's outfits -- from Miracleman to Shooting Star. But it won't be the swimsuit -- though I definitely prefer the black/red color scheme to the sky blue/red/yellow which is too Superman for my tastes.

At the very least, I hope they don't cut her hair!

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfanmike View Post
    I would too. As much as I like that design the best I'm hoping for is a Jessica Jones 'Jewel' costume moment for it.
    I do think that would be a great little easter egg.

Yeah, a easter egg could be cool. Maybe something little like Carol wearing a black t-shirt with the lightning bolt.

I could see her doing laps in the pool, wearing a swimsuit of the black leotard. But that might be a bit too exploitative...
    I surrender to the Contest

As an aside... I was watching Scott Pilgrim last night in honor of the news.

... and now I've had 'Black Sheep' stuck in my head all day.

Is there a consensus among Carol fans about which characters they want in the movie? Because I just want her own supporting characters, not other super heroes like Monica or Jessica unless they're non-powered. She has a supporting cast of her own and if the movie just relies on other heroes like Rhodey or S.H.I.E.L.D. members, it'll give Marvel even less incentive to use them in future runs on her title.

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Is there a consensus among Carol fans about which characters they want in the movie? Because I just want her own supporting characters, not other super heroes like Monica or Jessica unless they're non-powered. She has a supporting cast of her own and if the movie just relies on other heroes like Rhodey or S.H.I.E.L.D. members, it'll give Marvel even less incentive to use them in future runs on her title.
    I want Ellen Cobb and Tracy. And Kit would be cool, on like a cameo maybe(for other people it would be like a random girl but not for us Corps!). And I totally disagree with Jessica. Her friendship with Carol it's such a long and important one. They definetely have to show that, even if not in that exact film.

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    In a way... I do consider Jessica to be a key part of Carol's supporting cast. That's actually a very important personal relationship for Carol that goes back to the early 80s. There's more history between those two than there is between Carol and most of her recent supporting cast.

Though... I was actually thinking about it this morning. The story of how they met in the comics obviously isn't valid for the movie, but I don't think it matters. You don't really need an explanation for how your star met their best friend. They can just be introduced as the BFF and accepted as such. Storywise, a think a non-powered Jess would be easier to deal with. If she had powers, that would need some explanation and I don't think they really have time in the script to explore two people's powers. She could have SHIELD or HYDRA ties, though. (Or... secret powers that we see a sneak peak of in the inevitable post-credit stinger!)

... but really all I want is it to be two hours of Carol hanging out with Chewie. I hope Brie Larson isn't allergic to cats!