Page 648 of 822 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698748 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 12326
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, the movie being set in the '90s is a bit odd. It means she'd be pushing 50 by the time of Infinity War. So, is she going to be slow-aging or something?
    Or stuck on a sublight ship with time dilation effects.

All SORTS of ways to explain it, so don't worry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hair discussions almost always degenerate into gender stereotypes and concerns of physical appearance over any other attribute - usually involving the phrase "she looks like a boy." There's so many other cool things that matter more.
    Not that I wanted to go on about Carol's hair but people can voice their preferences for her appearance, even if they're "stereotypical". It's important to some. Let's not shut people down because we don't like their preferences.

I don't mind(well actually I quite like it when being drawn right) the short/buzzcut hair on the comics, but I don't think Brie would look good on it, so I'm happy with that, or if it's just really long.

Hypothetical Captain Marvel Timeline.

Avengers Infinity War: Post Credit scene Carol is in deep space either exploring or maybe a prisoner? Could still be young due to her powers or perhaps suspended animation.

Captain Marvel: Origin story gets her powers fights Skrulls and ends up in Space at the end explaining why she is where she is in post credit scene.

Avengers 4: Major player in defeating Thanos or whatever threat.

Captain Marvel 2: Returns to Earth to find a world 30 years older and she trying to assimilate. This is very Winter Soldier even with the twist the enemy she thought she defeated never went away. The Skrulls have been on Earth these 30 years gaining positions of power for a secret invasion and she now has to stop them unsure who to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Avengers Infinity War: Post Credit scene Carol is in deep space either exploring or maybe a prisoner? Could still be young due to her powers or perhaps suspended animation.

Captain Marvel: Origin story gets her powers fights Skrulls and ends up in Space at the end explaining why she is where she is in post credit scene.

Captain Marvel 2: Returns to Earth to find a world 30 years older and she trying to assimilate. This is very Winter Soldier even with the twist the enemy she thought she defeated never went away. The Skrulls have been on Earth these 30 years gaining positions of power for a secret invasion and she now has to stop them unsure who to trust.
    So... instead to copy Iron-Man origin, go with Captain America origin and narrative? Could work.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Doesn't look like anything is defined yet, re: the costume and general look. All three pieces of concept art have different designs for the uniform.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

BANNED

Designs look all similar to me. Just different angles

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Kree Skrull War!

It would be cool if they got Ronan The Accuser back in this for a cameo role seeing as it is a prequel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Kree Skrull War!

It would be cool if they got Ronan The Accuser back in this for a cameo role seeing as it is a prequel.
    Yeah, Ronan is pissed that the war is over in GoTG, and we may see back in the day why he hate Kree's emenies so much.
    Carol got the Star of Hala, so I guess at least some of the Kree will be Carol's friends. Who knows, maybe this movie will be about Kree/Skrull war and the start of Kree Empire's shift from war to peace.
    Carol may play a part in ending the conflict between Kree and Skrulls,help people like Mar-Vell win within the Kree Empire, which lead to more peace. Until GoTG when Kree stopped fighting Nova Empire as well.
    Then IW and Avengers 4 happen, this Galactic catastrophy may somehow reignite the ancient hatred between Kree and Skrulls again(like in the comics, both sides think it's the other side's fault that half of their population is missing.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Maybe she ages slow because she is a Kree/Human hybrid.
    Fury may have done something that really pissed her off that she didn't want to be with him or S.H.I.E.L.D anymore.
    So all these years she may become a cosmic traveller and set her base of operation on Hala.(Due to her fight against Skrulls, the Kree may see her as a worthy warrior and offer her citizenship.)

YEah, Kree have all sorts of super-alien powers. Slow aging makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Slow aging is fine except we have real world actors who don't age slowly (except Hugh Jackman, apparently, who probably is Wolverine).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Slow aging is fine except we have real world actors who don't age slowly (except Hugh Jackman, apparently, who probably is Wolverine).
    Just keep Brie in cryogenic tank, like what they did to Bucky, and only released her when there is a film she needs to perform in
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Considering that the movie is on the 90's, Carol on the present would be at least on her mid forties. As long as Brie looks younger than that for a while, it works well enough. Though maybe she's just gonna be old and we're gonna need some suspension of disbelief? Though the suspended animation thing kinda works more to explain why she was away for so long.

Strange this is true skin good place in the 90's. besides Kurt's Avengers run, wasn't Carol pretty much MIA in the space most of the 90's in the comic books?

Still excited Andy I like what I see. Even though I did want to see her in Infinity War as a non powered Major and showing how capable she is without powers.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!