Page 747 of 822 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 12326

spoilers:
    Just find it really odd that Carol just stops being Captain Marvel for 9 months despite her brother's accident.
    end of spoilers

Still not feeling Stohl's work on the book, although this is a bit better from the previous series. Really hoping this is her final story.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Where the hell was this writing in the ongoing? Also I see they are using this series to make Carol look like her movie counterpart it’s the only reason I can explain the hair but I’m fine with it and actually prefer it long. Curious if the growing child in the pod will be like a mini carol? Making the cover with a younger Carol in the mirror be more than just a reflection. Also not huge into my Carol lore but what happened to her 2nd brother? Hope to see her other brother regain full capabilities that was a bit sad but added to the story.
    Carol's brother was killed in Vietnam. In UXM#246, you can see his name on the wall of the Vietnam War Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    spoilers:
    Just find it really odd that Carol just stops being Captain Marvel for 9 months despite her brother's accident.
    end of spoilers

Still not feeling Stohl's work on the book, although this is a bit better from the previous series. Really hoping this is her final story.
    Yeah, 9 months it's A LOT. Would be better to have left it vague, established dates are never a good idea on comics(which, btw, It's why I thought it was a nice detail that they obscured the year on her dad's thombstone lol).

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read The Life of Captain Marvel #1 and it wildly exceeded my expectations. I thought it was one of the best single issues of Captain Marvel I've ever read. I won't spoil it, but I highly recommend it.
    I agree that this was a great issue. Honestly, it's the best Carol issue I've read in years. It doesn't even seem like the same writer from the previous run. Taking her away from all the space stuff and grounding her made the story a lot more focused and relatable. Letting Carol feel vulnerable and letting her hair down (figuratively and literally) is a much welcomed change of pace, and I hope the rest of the story maintains this quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Carol has long hair again!

Unfortunately I doubt it will be seen outside this mini
    I'm surprised it took them this long to give Carol the same shoulder-length haircut as Brie Larson. Marvel is usually pretty eager with movie synergy.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 07-18-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue a lot. There's a very good emotional core to it and it definitely feels a bit of a spiritual successor to Brian Reid's story where her father died in many ways.

Plus, it's worth it for the phonetic Maine accent alone (the only New England accent with a drawl).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

weird. i thought that the living brother was her younger brother. but Carol referred to him as "big brother."

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

I'm surprised it took them this long to give Carol the same shoulder-length haircut as Brie Larson. Marvel is usually pretty eager with movie synergy.
    Despite being cast a while ago, Brie has yet to debut as Captain Marvel so they had plenty of time to get to this

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    weird. i thought that the living brother was her younger brother. but Carol referred to him as "big brother."
    Yeah, Carol calling Joe Jr, "big brother" doesn't make sense. Going back 40 years, it's been implied Carol was the firstborn.

This was good. I still have some issues with it. The pacing feels a bit off at times. But there's a real emotional weight to it that was missing from the main series. I picked this up as a one-last-chance for Stohl, and I enjoyed it enough to keep reading, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I really liked the first issue. I know some people don't like that, but I'm all for slice-of-life and drama over action, so I tought this was great.
    I'm pretty much of the same opinion. I enjoyed this. I wish we got this kind of emotional weight from Stohl more often. Clearly she can do really well with Carol when she has the room to play to her strengths as a writer.

Not returning calls - for nine months!?! Doesn't that completely clash with Avengers, where they're teammates and her hair is still short?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not returning calls - for nine months!?! Doesn't that completely clash with Avengers, where they're teammates and her hair is still short?
    The odd thing I noticed, She-Hulk here doesn't seem to be the crude "Hulk smash" she is in the Avenger book, in either her dress or speech.

Yeah, I kind of get that impression as well. It's a shame, too. I like this look on her. It makes her look more like Brie Larson and I think with the movie less than a year away, it's important to create that synergy. Maybe as the release of the Captain Marvel movie approaches, we'll see her hair grow again. But I have a feeling this look won't go beyond this mini, which makes it that much more special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Honestly, they should just say that Jen has two Hulk forms. The green one, where she keeps control and speaks normally, and the grey one, when she unleashes her full anger but loses some intelligence. And show her struggling between the two (green is the form she wants but grey is always wanting to be unleashed) like the 90s Hulk cartoon did (there were several scenes in season 2 showing Banner, green Hulk and grey Hulk fighting for control) and like Amadeus Cho's book did.

As for Carol... I suppose this means she'll be out of Avengers in October? She needs to be gone for a while to account for the events of LOCM#1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This would have to take place nine months after Avengers. Not completely crazy, they just have to catch up. More accurately, it would have to be nine months after She-Hulk gets cured of her current issues or (if my theory about Avengers is right) nine months after some point in the past between the end of Tamaki's run on She-Hulk and the start of Aaron's run on Avengers.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?